View Poll Results: Do you Support Cigalikes?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 63.64%
  • No

10 30.30%
  • Yes or No (for different reasons

2 6.06%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Do you Support Cigalikes?

AVF Regular

Do you Support Cigalikes?

Yes:
    Because;

-They are a good introductory mode ldue to their their similarities with tobacco cigarettes
    -They help people reduce/stay off cigarettes
    -They are a vapour device, and should be politically supported equally to all other vapour products

No:
    Because;

-They only turn smokers off vaping due to their low battery capacity, low liquid volume capacity, and highly priced refills
    -They maintain the familiarity of using a tobacco cigarette (look, feel, and non-button click draw)
    -They're the only vapour device Big Tobacco has invested in, and only smears our chance of legitamising e-cigs

Yes/No (i.e Maybe, undecided, etc)
    -Please give your other reasons

The three reason I give above relate to

1. Introduction
    2. Effectiveness
    3. Political

So I tried to match them up on both sides of the debate.
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 26-10-16 at 08:35 PM.

AVF Regular
    I think they have a place
    But only when you pay what there worth not hundred odd dollars like some poor buggers
    Stomp and fabricator4 like this.

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

AVF Regular
    Back on this again
    Stomp and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    Back on this again
    When a well known anti-tobacco advocate starts his radio interview 3 times in a row with "all major tobacco companies have now entered the ecig market", and continues to conflate the PV and cigalike industries so as to demonise e-cigarettes as a whole, I think this issue needs to be re-addressed.

AVF Regular
    So what if someone says something
    Think of the millions of smokers who may try vaping if it looked like a cigarette

Some people still use them even after stopping actual cigs, some still dual use with them, for others it's an avenue to explore more.

You are intent on wanting rid of them
    What's more appealing to a smoker
    Something that resembles what they are used to and mimics the feel and habit or trying to get them to grab hold of something that's either cylindrical yet 3 times the size or something that is the size and shape of a pack of cigs.

Or how it is now that they have to breath in a lungful every time they want a vape or not to light a cigarette as all be cheap starter kits are cloud blowing box mods (with the exception of a few)

Bigger picture and all that
    You have a very one sided agenda it would seem
    Which I actually admire
    I just feel it could alienate more than include in the bigger scheme of things
    gtadmin and DogMan like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    So what if someone says something
    Think of the millions of smokers who may try vaping if it looked like a cigarette

Some people still use them even after stopping actual cigs, some still dual use with them, for others it's an avenue to explore more.

You are intent on wanting rid of them
    What's more appealing to a smoker
    Something that resembles what they are used to and mimics the feel and habit or trying to get them to grab hold of something that's either cylindrical yet 3 times the size or something that is the size and shape of a pack of cigs.

Or how it is now that they have to breath in a lungful every time they want a vape or not to light a cigarette as all be cheap starter kits are cloud blowing box mods (with the exception of a few)

Bigger picture and all that
    You have a very one sided agenda it would seem
    Which I actually admire
    I just feel it could alienate more than include in the bigger scheme of things
    The studies show that they dont work at all, which is another thing the anti-tobacco activists bring up as well.

The fact is that the PV industry has developed the ecig over the years to be more customisable in numerous ways (power adjustment, air flow adjustment).

The tobacco companies have contributed nothing to the first generation product.

And the problem with all of this, is that the tobacco companies own Hon Lik's patent for the cigalikes.

As far as I am concerned, the tobacco companies see the cigalike as a device to keep people on tobacco, and away from not smoking.

Until I start seeing every cigalike sold as a bundle with a portable charging case, and other improvements such as airflow control, and power control control, and as Shaneo suggested, a drop in costs for non-refillable cartos, I cant support them.

AVF Regular
    As a passing off the cuff thought - it occurs to me that vapers, despite all the talk of freedom and oppression appear to be the first to dictate to others how and what they should vape. There is always a study or reasonable agenda to back up the interfering in other peoples business rather than educating- not unlike BT, BP, PH yada yada

Usually the interference is said to be for the greater good followed then by the standard 5 mins of hate at BT, pharma, PH or those who dont see things the same ways those espousing the virtues of the perfect vape/ quit smoking method and the need to keep appeasing the powers that be (dj vu anyone? )

Its all really a bit hypocritical really if not just a bit pedestrian by now isnt it?

Not an attack - sorry f it comes out that way - just a passing thought
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 27-10-16 at 12:49 AM.
    But I dont want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you cant help that," said the Cat: "were all mad here. Im mad. Youre mad."
    "How do you know Im mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnt have come here.
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Im not really dictating that people shouldnt use cigalikes.

Its just that the evidence shows that they dont work. They're owned completely by big tobacco who have literally lobbied both in the US and EU (and veyr high chances in Australia behind closed doors) to ban PVs in attempt to make cigalikes the only available devices on the market.

The tobacco companies have done nothing to contribute to the improvement/development of the ecig technology.

I just don't see any place for them in vaping, unless the patents for the cigalike were opened to all, and major improvements could be implemented.

AVF Regular
    They don't work ?

I went 6 months on a cigalike without smoking a normal cigarette
    How many other people use them and don't smoke
    How many other people use them instead of lighting up a normal cig

Australia is a very different place to the USA Europe and the UK in terms of vaping

Your obsession with cig a likes has me baffled really
    It's not by that are the only player in the market at all by any means, and yet due to one person or for that matter a number of persons say that are only used and made by big tobacco you have chosen your own vendetta against them

What is the right of anyone to dictate what they can or cannot use to stop smoking ? Be it a gum a lozenge a patch.a cig a like or a 200w box mod?

Surely the end game is to eradicate smoking
    And the bigger end game is to get rid of any type of addiction that comes from tobacco?

AVF Regular
    Cig-a-likes converted me. I dual used them for about 4 months and then I bought my first PV. I'd say they are definitely more of a path to vaping than vaping is a path to smoking.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast