Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Northerner
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 2 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: WHO: Vaping does not help people stop smoking, says report.

AVF Regular

WHO: Vaping does not help people stop smoking, says report.

If you feel like reading a pack of lies and the rebukes.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...P=share_btn_fb
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    It's actually an article against the WHO and COP. I think I'm maxed on bad politics and policies today though.

It's a bit like driving in Mackay - I can only take so much stupidity before I do my lollie...
    merexy likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Best comment on the article imho it sums most things up nicely ...

d4drgene

"Inhaling the steam from your kettle is a gateway activity to vaping. True story."

gtadmin and Fatman like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    **** you WHO!!
    Enlighten us how you handled the outbreak of ebola recently..

AVF Regular
    Ebola killed a few thousand people... malaria kills millions every year. Where's the WHO emergency response team?

Whole thing was a farcical act, possibly a corporate scam. Not quite on the scale of HN1N but pretty close.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I do not understand why the whole vaping scene is presented as a tool of quitting smoking.

I think of my vaping as a continuation of smoking just as a much healtier way then smoking cigarettes. I do not see it as a mean to stop smoking a see it as better and healthier way of nursing my addiction to nicotine.

Smoking is not a nasty habbit it is an addiction and it should be treated like that (if i was a herion addict i would have much more sympathy frim the community).

When vaping I do not have any of the withdrawal symptoms and my daily routine is not interrupted.

This where they all are going wrong.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragandeewhy View Post
    I do not understand why the whole vaping scene is presented as a tool of quitting smoking.

I think of my vaping as a continuation of smoking just as a much healtier way then smoking cigarettes. I do not see it as a mean to stop smoking a see it as better and healthier way of nursing my addiction to nicotine.

Smoking is not a nasty habbit it is an addiction and it should be treated like that (if i was a herion addict i would have much more sympathy frim the community).

When vaping I do not have any of the withdrawal symptoms and my daily routine is not interrupted.

This where they all are going wrong.
    No, ANTZ don't want you to keep having nicotine. It's the devil they've been fighting for 30 years and they are not giving up now.

As far as stopping smoking is concerned... Well you're not smoking are you? For vapers, giving up smoking and giving up nicotine are two completely different things. THAT'S what the WHO and ANTZ in general can't get their head around.
    Northerner likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Yes....but addiction has much more to it than just being heavily addicted to a substance.

The peace of mind that substance is with you all the time...the movement of your hands and lips...the inhaling...the lung movement...etc

AVF Regular
    Speaking only for myself and myself alone...

I've been off the coffin nails for a year. I had 4 a month ago while I was also drinking and the air I was breathing was more smoke than oxygen, so no difference really. The cigarettes, all 4 of them, from good to ok to utter garbage in quality were all wonderful. Like when I was a teenager and smoking was more fun than a vice that needed frequent tightening.

So I'm not really cured of smoking at all. I could start again right now.

But I don't smoke, I vape. And so long as I can vape, I won't smoke. I don't even need much nicotine (much less than I thought, especially on the newest gear I'm using now), and could probably drop nicotine completely without noticing it much.

But as Dragan says, it's the 'ritual' of it that I suppose is what I need more than anything else. That said, I can not smoke a cigarette at all and never miss really it, and can not vape for most of a day and not worry too much. I suppose I'm kind of cured of smoking? I'm not sure, but I do know I don't do it any more, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's in the same boat when it comes down to it. Maybe I don't really have the 'addictive personality' some do, but it's more psychological than an actual physical addiction.

Either way, yes, vaping stopped me smoking. Anyone or anything that claims otherwise is either delusional or lying. I'm in a country that loves it's cigarettes, they're widely and freely available and not at all expensive. It is one of the worst places in the world to try and quit, but that's what I've done and it was really very easy. So it does work. And I know I'm not the only one who can say that.

WHO? A classic case of 'people (one by one) are smart, but people (in large numbers) are stupid. Bunch of clever folks all lumped together in a big enough group to be stupid but with enough clout to be dangerous.

Stu.