Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By PurpleVapes

Thread: Tobacco Control Summed up in one tweet

AVF Regular

Tobacco Control Summed up in one tweet

While very occasionally I see an almost vague pro-vaping tweet from Ruth Malone, she is very much in the close circle of friends that include the likes of Simon Chapman, Stan Glantz and Martin McKee.

I saw Greg Conley respond to a tweet of hers recently, which I think really sums up Tobacco Control in a nutshell. The translation of this message is that it's sad that we have to rely on, trust and respect people's freedom to choose, rather than being able to use force to get them to behave the way we want them to.

Basically, Don't Motivate, Just Ban.

AVF Regular
    Well, stupid is as stupid does...

Or to put it another way, if it looks stupid and sounds stupid, then it probably is...

The sad thing is, she doesn't even know it. You'd think after all this time ANTZ would have made an effort to understand tobacco addiction, but no. I'm pretty sure that tweet had 40 million smokers in 'merica reaching for their hand guns...
    PurpleVapes likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Well, stupid is as stupid does...

Or to put it another way, if it looks stupid and sounds stupid, then it probably is...

The sad thing is, she doesn't even know it. You'd think after all this time ANTZ would have made an effort to understand tobacco addiction, but no. I'm pretty sure that tweet had 40 million smokers in 'merica reaching for their hand guns...
    I think another problem with TC's thinking is the misconception of tobacco education.

Tobacco control's methods of educating the public about the dangers of tobacco are so flawed, and they know it's not working. To suggest that "more" education only seems useless, and it is given their approach.

The misconception is that "more" education is required. What really is needed is "better" education, and they could start by teaching smokers that nicotine is not the problem, it's the smoke, and that there are healthier ways to get that nicotine including e-cigarettes.
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 06-11-16 at 05:30 PM.
    fabricator4 likes this.