Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Future of Vaping to be discussed behind closed doors

AVF Regular

Future of Vaping to be discussed behind closed doors

AVF Regular
    What was that about? What was the secrecy about? Maybe it is the impending zombie pandemic?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeB View Post
    What was that about? What was the secrecy about? Maybe it is the impending zombie pandemic?
    It's about tobacco control. In the past BT have tried to hijack it.

It does not explain why the media is excluded though, except for the fact that they don't want the media asking lots of really hard questions like "If you say THR is the path forward, why are you advising a prohibition on vaping", and "are you lot really this stupid"?

Meanwhile, back in the land of reality...
    Experts urge WHO to back tobacco harm-reduction strategies at CoP7 | Business Standard News
    Cath Mort and LimeB like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I dont see what the big deal is anymore - vapers make huge decisions about vapers future too behind closed doors- so why would tobacco control, WHO etc be any different?

Seems vapers really cant be trusted by thier own or anyone else with thier own destiny silly buggers ...

Lol maybe they TC are also worried thier enemies will eat them? Dunno...

*Insert appropriate wry smile, comment etc etc about irony or something similar here ---->

*Also insert half arsed apology that includes the sentence - well it had to be said ...
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 08-11-16 at 11:44 AM.
    Snidely_Whiplash and mpc3k like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    I dont see what the big deal is anymore - vapers make huge decisions about vapers future too behind closed doors- so why would tobacco control, WHO etc be any different?

Because vapers want to vape, and they want you to be able to vape too... and your father, your grandmother, and anyone else who is still smoking.

The WHO doesn't really want anyone to vape until they've studied it long enough for half the smokers to die, not realising they'll have forced an entire new crop of smokers onto the most dangerous consumer product on the planet1

I don't know, but that seems pretty different. One group wants vaping to be available to anyone, the other is a bunch of apparatchik2 prohibitionists.

I think the one thing that's certain is that nowhere is vaping going to continue to be ignored by governments. Those that have already made a point of noticing it have almost all come down on the side of making it illegal and prohibited. The only really bad thing that could be done was nothing3 Nothing is what was being "done" for about 7 years, so yeah you might not agree with what actually was done, or the methods, but that doesn't mean that doing something was a bad thing because the current situation is not going to get the current smokers to switch. Having it stay the same would be almost as bad as making it illegal (which it pretty well is already, they just don't enforce anything4)

1. Except maybe for the kite tube...
    2. Yep that's actually a word (who'd a thunk). Even my spell checker agrees.
    3. Yeah I know, that's an oxymoron, right?
    4. Which is why the current situation is so bad - it's just waiting for some apparatchik to come along and decide that a crusade would be good for their career. *cough* Queensland Health *cough*
    Last edited by fabricator4; 08-11-16 at 02:27 PM.
    Fatman, Cath Mort, btobw and 3 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Absolutely! Community consultation and unbiased needs research in your own community is sooo yesterday and over rated when you have rightiousness on your side - (Afterall who knows what you will find among even your own ranks)

All will fall in line when the good of our great works are seen by the dirty unwashed masses and filthy infedels

To hell with naysayers! This is a David and Goliath battle dammit! and we are fighing against the evil of (insert great cause)

We will win at any cost so closed doors with a small group of people making major decisions for the many with or without thier informed knowledge and consent is a little price to pay for victory

There will be collateral damage but we will overcome...

Funny how one side starts to sound like the other after a while- especially when the enemies that both sides appear so scared of are being fed by those who claim to be fighting against them

But by all means justify those closed doors on your side while bagging the other for doing the same - its been super effective until now as am sure it has been for tobbacco control, WHO, medical, pharma, BT etc etc and thier fight

After all we talk about the many but really when a small group makes a decision behind closed doors without giving knowledge or allowing consent to those they claim to represent - it really hasnt got much to do with the many has it? Moreso its about appeasing the few in power who have taken power away from the many in the name of any great cause

Cause vapers wern't disempowered enough I suppose... Especially when it comes to thier future

(please excuse the style of language in this post am well overtired only had a few hours sleep and need go nap nap )

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Because vapers want to vape, and they want you to be able to vape too... and your father, your grandmother, and anyone else who is still smoking.

The WHO doesn't really want anyone to vape until they've studied it long enough for half the smokers to die, not realising they'll have forced an entire new crop of smokers onto the most dangerous consumer product on the planet1

I don't know, but that seems pretty different. One group wants vaping to be available to anyone, the other is a bunch of apparatchik2 prohibitionists.

I think the one thing that's certain is that nowhere is vaping going to continue to be ignored by governments. Those that have already made a point of noticing it have almost all come down on the side of making it illegal and prohibited. The only really bad thing that could be done was nothing3 Nothing is what was being "done" for about 7 years, so yeah you might not agree with what actually was done, or the methods, but that doesn't mean that doing something was a bad thing because the current situation is not going to get the current smokers to switch. Having it stay the same would be almost as bad as making it illegal (which it pretty well is already, they just don't enforce anything4)

1. Except maybe for the kite tube...
    2. Yep that's actually a word (who'd a thunk). Even my spell checker agrees.
    3. Yeah I know, that's an oxymoron, right?
    4. Which is why the current situation is so bad - it's just waiting for some apparatchik to come along and decide that a crusade would be good for their career. *cough* Queensland Health *cough*
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 08-11-16 at 05:26 PM.
    Dymo316 likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    By all means, it's a great thing to engage in some form of activism to protect our vaping rights and freedoms.

But, whatever they decide, they can't completely defeat us. We will still be able to make our own Mechanicals, and these devices will still be able to be sold. The industry will just go underground. It can never be stamped out.

And the internet is our friend. bearing in mind, the fact that the purpose of vaping is to get off the death darts. With that in mind, we will still be able to educate smokers on this alternative means in helping them quit tobacco. Even websites can be hosted overseas.

So I am still trying to work out how this Vapegeddon is gonna happen.

Most of us have so many mods, we can probably survive a Nuclear Holocaust with our gear.
    Vaporific and Dymo316 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chewbacca View Post

But, whatever they decide, they can't completely defeat us. We will still be able to make our own Mechanicals, and these devices will still be able to be sold. The industry will just go underground. It can never be stamped out.
    What's going to happen with cloud competitions??
    muscovyduckling likes this.

AVF Regular
    Fab! Best use of footnotes ever.
    Fatman and fabricator4 like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    What's going to happen with cloud competitions??
    Just go underground too. All we need is a vent. lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast