Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By essiemessy

Thread: lol ..Ok its a product but

AVF Regular

lol ..Ok its a product but

its not vaping apparently?

Interesting way of getting around things- even though they are 'essential oils" that they are using... (no issues with that *cough)

The blurb on twitter said its breathing therapeutic air!

Enjoy the website/ salespitch

https://monq.com/
    Cath Mort likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Just what we need........and cheap too.........only $170+ for 7 Zen-a-likes on chains. I've got some left over little pink 'sticks' from the very early days and some essential oils......might have to DIY my own (only kidding!). Those oils should be nice and healthy for your lungs (NOT!)

Essential oils have their place but definitely NOT to be inhaled!!!!! EVER!!!
    Last edited by Cath Mort; 13-11-16 at 11:47 AM.

AVF Regular
    Based on the first post i was surprised it wasn't mary-jane in a stick.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath Mort View Post
    Just what we need........and cheap too.........only $170+ for 7 Zen-a-likes on chains. I've got some left over little pink 'sticks' from the very early days and some essential oils......might have to DIY my own. Those oils should be nice and healthy for your lungs (NOT!)
    Yeah, do NOT vape essential oils people...
    Cath Mort likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    It's this kind of thing that gets me a bit fired up.
    So many bustups happen on bike forums, even glass forums, and very much so vape forums because of terminology and/or misinformation.
    A friend, new to vaping was waxing lyrical about her 'oils' in her vapes. OMG I was horrified. Turns out the person who turned her on to vaping was using that word. I had to put her straight, because she was all ready to go to the local junk shop and get 'oils' for her new tanks. And that in itself is a worry when you think that most of those shops stock 'fragrant' oils, not essentials, which can be extremely dangerous when used for their intended purpose.

And yep, Cath, I remember those from the '80s, too. I had a 'goldtone' one which you filled with perfumed ointment. In NZ it wasn't a bad thing, but today where I am now, it would be disastrous LOL
    Cath Mort likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    A friend, new to vaping was waxing lyrical about her 'oils' in her vapes. OMG I was horrified. Turns out the person who turned her on to vaping was using that word. I had to put her straight, because she was all ready to go to the local junk shop and get 'oils' for her new tanks. And that in itself is a worry when you think that most of those shops stock 'fragrant' oils, not essentials, which can be extremely dangerous when used for their intended purpose.
    Blame China for that one. They sometimes appear to use the word "oil" for e-liquid, so I think someone has been looking at too many Chinese vape vendors. I don't know whether it's a cultural thing, or if it's a very unfortunate error in translation. Possibly a bit of both.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    The oil thing is getting me a bit confused actually - I understand the risks of lipid pneumonia sort of ... and the use of lavender in the Monq products raised a flag for me becuase I have heard 1.) oils are bad and 2.) essential oils can be bad

From what I understand lipid pneumonia is links to oils with lipids in them like vegetable oil, butter etc but can also be found in some plants
    General
    Examples of Lipids

Plants
    plant lipids

But then there are these kinds of discussions that throw some confusion on the whole thing

Can E-Cigarettes Cause Lipoid Pneumonia?

https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...pneumonia.html

VU thread
    INGREDIENTS TO AVOID USING IN DIY | Vaping Underground Forums - An Ecig and Vaping Forum

reditt
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/...pid_pneumonia/

Its an interesting question regarding essential oils actually and not sure we have the longtitudional studies to say one way or the other - like someone said- the other community has been vaping oils for years- so no now I am wondering where the numbers are? The more I look the more conflicting stuff I find

Safe rather than sorry Definatley and I would never reccommend oils of any kind to anyone - but certain? I am not so sure anymore ... (although I would like to be) Hopefully someone has the time to clarify?
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Blame China for that one. They sometimes appear to use the word "oil" for e-liquid, so I think someone has been looking at too many Chinese vape vendors. I don't know whether it's a cultural thing, or if it's a very unfortunate error in translation. Possibly a bit of both.
    Tar Oil is the best one I have seen