Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Indoor Vaping : Terrible logic

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,032

    Indoor Vaping : Terrible logic

    This was posted by Simon Chapman


    Should e-cigarette use be permitted in smoke-free public places? No -- Chapman et al. -- Tobacco Control


    Firstly, I don't think vaping emissions are benign. I think vaping emissions are vastly more benign than tobacco smoke.

    Secondly, as with the consumption of alcohol or just talking on your cell phone, I think there are appropriate and inappropriate times and places to vape. I wouldn't talk loudly on my cell phone when sitting next to someone on public transport. I wouldn't drink a beer in a hospital waiting room.

    This is the basis for my opinion that private businesses should be allowed to have designated indoor vaping areas provided they have adequate ventilation, and that vaping be allowed in outdoor public areas such as train station platforms and busstops, but not inside trains and buses.




    **
    Thirdly, screw you Simon Chapman, You smug, arrogant piece of shit. It's people like you that helped Trump win the US election. You've given up on engaging in any real discussion, or putting forward any real argument, simply dismissing your opponents view point as stupid and failing to see the issue from their perspective or even trying to persuade them otherwise.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    I wouldn't talk loudly on my cell phone when sitting next to someone on public transport.
    Why not? Everyone else does. Sure, I wouldn't have phone sex on public transport though.

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    I wouldn't drink a beer in a hospital waiting room.
    It's Australia mate, you can drink a beer everywhere A boring waiting room is the perfect place to sit quietly and enjoy a cold ale.
    PurpleVapes and Fents like this.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by toofargone View Post
    Why not? Everyone else does. Sure, I wouldn't have phone sex on public transport though..
    I want laws passed that allow me to slap the phone out of their hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by toofargone View Post
    It's Australia mate, you can drink a beer everywhere A boring waiting room is the perfect place to sit quietly and enjoy a cold ale.
    Not really. The smell of hospital disinfectant makes drinking beer a less than satisfactory experience. Plus I think the official rules are that you must provide a full six pack for the nurses for each beer you open.
    LimeB likes this.

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    I want laws passed that allow me to slap the phone out of their hands.
    I don't know why they don't introduce cell phone blockers in the quiet carriages in the NSW network. The quiet carriages work probably 70% of the time, but the rest of the time it's louder than a brothel full of american sailors. I frequently travel Newcastle -> Sydney and it's a roll of a dice.

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Plus I think the official rules are that you must provide a full six pack for the nurses for each beer you open.
    Have you seen some of the nurses? Giving them a six pack for every one you drink can't be a bad thing ;-)
    PurpleVapes and LimeB like this.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    To start with, we did vape wherever we wanted to. I sat in a bar and enjoyed nicotine with my drink for the first time in years. It was great.

    Then states started to legislate against it and ban it in indoor areas. Then Chapman and his cronies started to lie about hazards of vaping and mislead the Australian public and politicians. People like him are threatened by our use of nicotine - basically it shows him up for the bigoted propagandist that he is. He can't condone nicotine use because he's brainwashed himself into demonizing it for the last 30+ years.

    Plenty of people want indoor vaping to be allowed at the discretion of the management and have said so, from the RCP to many vapers in the Australian community.

    Yes Chapman is a smug bastard who will be remembered not for his anti smoking actions, but for opposing the greatest public health breakthrough this century (last century had antibiotics, x-rays, and most of the foundation of modern medicine so it would be pretty hard to top those).

    Time to get rid of the old and bring in the new. He should do a Rod Marsh and bow out.
    ybnice likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Time to get rid of the old and bring in the new. He should do a Rod Marsh and bow out.
    That goes for all pollies. But then money corrupts all. Can't upset the big donators to your party can you? IMHO ban ALL donations to ALL political parties.

    Also, ban any politician that has any links whatsoever to property developers.

    Although it might be hard to find suitable candidates then

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    5,973
    So no real surprises here from Chimpy - Probably more surprising that he hadn't said it sooner ..

    After all his agenda for vaping is medicalising/ licensing and vapers ongoing support to continually argue to vape only in ever dwindiling designated smoking areas (as a sign of good will?) is a great way to show that even vapers think of vaping as harmful.

    Now b4 peeps get their panties in a twist - its not the truth that matters here but how others percieve that truth - A war of PR

    Vapers have not really demanded independant unbiased research from anyone

    So aside from the UK and a little from NZ all we have are narratives from the medical establishment/ pharma , TC and BT , all of which are easily twisted to suit anyones agenda and noone to say anything otherwise

    Even publicly there are not that many vapers countering mis information - and as we know - the public will eat up just about anything as long as you make it sound formal or researched or even just main stream

    I disagree with chimpy completely - but in some ways i do admire him
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 17-11-16 at 04:51 PM.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland






    Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs











  8. #8
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Toowoomba, qld
    Posts
    24
    I stopped going to pubs since i would have to stand in the smoking areas and breathe second hand smoke. Better to drink at home.
    fabricator4, Dymo316 and ybnice like this.

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    850
    I would love to see a pub open up a bar that is for vaping, still have a vape free bar as well.
    The dream would be for the pub to also have a vape tasting bar so you can have a drink while tasting your next e-juice purchase. :-)

  10. #10
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Thirdly, screw you Simon Chapman, You smug, arrogant piece of shit. It's people like you that helped Trump win the US election. You've given up on engaging in any real discussion, or putting forward any real argument, simply dismissing your opponents view point as stupid and failing to see the issue from their perspective or even trying to persuade them otherwise.
    This is the main reason why I do not think Donald Trump as POTUS is a bad thing at all. The alternative was of course Hillary, who was in fact corrupt and played an integral role in the Benghazi debacle and cost many lives. Personally, think that is a great deal worse than making a couple of off the cuff locker room remarks which are insulting to women.

    But Donald Trump promises to be a great deal more. There is a lot of promise. It has been an uprising against Political Correctness, Feminism, Ruling Elites and the Establishment and for once he actually talked to the great unwashed and won their trust. All those forgotten people. He was saying what a lot of people are thinking but were too afraid to express. Credit where credit is due, because he would say the unmentionable.

    People like Simon Chapman have done the world a great favour even though many do not see it right now. It's people like him who made this revolution possible.

    Now I am not sure if Donald Trump will follow through. He may or may not, but I do hold out hope. If the people's needs are not met yet again, then there will be another revolution (Bernie's Sanders or someone like him).

    This is a political uprising or revolution which the world saw once before in the 1930s.

    And it is international. Marie Le Pen is ahead in the French Polls. In Greece, Golden dawn (Neo NAZI) movement is at 16%. WHY? because people are desperate and can't put food on the table or educate their children. Because they are being flooded with illegal immigrants.

    Even in Australia, Pauline Hanson is on the move. And there is little point talking down to people because that will just make it worse. The reason why people are supporting non establishment politics, is because they have been talked down to for so long. We are all just too Politically Correct, established a Nanny State on steroids, and we do not have freedom of speech and hence our democracies are compromised to non existent. We are becoming Totalitarian States not free thinking societies.

    So the TRUMP revolution is welcomed by me.

    It should be welcomed by everyone unless you want the world to continue on its current trajectory where the worker is compromised, where males are compromised, where the majority is compromised at the expense of minorities, where children are indoctrinated from an early age and shaped or moulded in a certain way of thinking and have their childhood and innocence robbed from them (Safe Schools).

    Politics has changed forever. The Alt Right is on the march. These are the anti-authoritarian, anti elites, anti Nanny State do gooders that think they are superior to the rest. Or we continue the way we are, but as a country we too are approaching the breaking point.

    Strap in and enjoy the ride guys. it's going to be very interesting, and in the process quite a few loud heads are going to explode. Not before time either.
    Last edited by chewbacca; 22-11-16 at 12:53 PM.
    fabricator4 and Dymo316 like this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 02:14 PM.