Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Au: Philip Morris predicts e-cigarettes to kill off traditional smokes

AVF Regular

Au: Philip Morris predicts e-cigarettes to kill off traditional smokes

Philip Morris predicts e-cigarettes to kill off traditional smokes (Wonder how thier TGA application is going?)

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Farsalinos, Polosa among authors of new book on e-cig science

Farsalinos, Polosa among authors of new book on e-cig science | ECigIntelligence
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Philip Morris predicts e-cigarettes to kill off traditional smokes (Wonder how thier TGA application is going?)

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Farsalinos, Polosa among authors of new book on e-cig science

Farsalinos, Polosa among authors of new book on e-cig science | ECigIntelligence
    Not about to subscribe to the Herald Sun. If ya don't subscribe ya canna read it...Don't mind buying a fish wrapper now and then if there is somthing interesting but to pay for a subsciption to hell with that. Murdoc has enough money he is not getting mine. Wanna share the text here if not fine too.

AVF Regular
    You've reached a PREMIUM ARTICLE.

So I can't read it.

Stu.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymo316 View Post
    Not about to subscribe to the Herald Sun. If ya don't subscribe ya canna read it...Don't mind buying a fish wrapper now and then if there is somthing interesting but to pay for a subsciption to hell with that. Murdoc has enough money he is not getting mine. Wanna share the text here if not fine too.
    Ok, vent on.

Here's a suggestion for these jerkoff that think locking away an article behind an unrealistic paywall is a great idea to get people to subscribe. It's not, it never was and never ^%$#$^%&$% will be you stupid, ignorant fools.

If you want someone to maybe buy a subscription, then maybe let them read/watch a sample of it. Whatever they want. Once. It's easy to lock out repeat attempts. Make me watch an advertisement if you can't set up a way to pay for a single article after a sample. Better yet, set up a way I can pay a small fee easily to read/watch what I want to and nothing else. If your crap is so great, I'll pay for it and so will most people if it's worthwhile. Easier still if the per-read/view is really no burden to manage, like a virtual travel card or something. $10, 50 articles. $5, 20 articles. If you had that set up, you'd get the money out of me right now but as it is, you'll get none of my money. Idiots.

Heck, if someone pulled their head out of their back passage, you could set it up that a whole bunch of sources use the same system, and I'd get to read all kinds of stuff I might not before, and I'll pay for it too.

But no, go for the big fish and never get it. Just ignore all those small fish who outweigh the one big fish by a thousand times. Idiots.

Stu.

(There's a business opportunity in there for someone who's willing to set it up. Stick around, I've got a lot of good ideas. )

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymo316 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo View Post
    You've reached a PREMIUM ARTICLE.

So I can't read it.

Stu.
    Herald Sun has always been weird like that. Following a linked article takes you to the subscription site, but visiting the site via google gets you there.

Here's a link. It should be first result. Click it to read the article.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=C...hioned+gaspers

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Herald Sun has always been weird like that. Following a linked article takes you to the subscription site, but visiting the site via google gets you there.

Here's a link. It should be first result. Click it to read the article.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=C...hioned+gaspers
    Just realised that there's a count limit.

So you can access the article via google a few times, and then it starts taking you to the subscription page............. unless you clear your browser cookies in which case you can read the article again.

AVF Regular
    Apologies for trouble ....

Philip Morris predicts e-cigarettes to kill off traditional smokes

A BIG tobacco company says it sees a future without cigarettes as it pushes to overcome legislative hurdles to launch a smokeless cigarette in Australia.

The move by Philip Morris International to introduce its new product has so far been thwarted by the Federal Government, which refuses to follow the US, UK, Japan and parts of Europe in allowing the legal sale of e-cigarettes.
    Health experts told the Herald Sun smokeless cigarettes were a good alternative to quitting smoking.

Colin Mendelsohn with popular medications to help stop smoking.
    “For smokers who are unable to quit, switching to reduced-risk products is likely to substantially reduce their risk of smoking-related disease and death,” conjoint associate Professor Colin Mendelsohn said.
    Australian Paul Riley, president of PMI in Japan, believes smokeless cigarettes such as the company’s iQOS product will one day sound the death knell for traditional cigarettes.
    The device uses real tobacco, but instead of burning it to produce hazardous smoke and tar, it heats it to produce tobacco-flavoured vapour.
    “Our goal in Japan is to switch every one of our users on to this product as quickly as possible,” Mr Riley said. “In the last 12 months it has moved quickly ... it is a realistic vision.”
    Prof Mendelsohn said although it was preferable for smokers to quit, he believed e-cigarettes were a first step.
    “The first choice is always to give up all tobacco and nicotine completely if possible ... iQOS heats tobacco to produce an aerosol without combustion, or smoke, and is a much safer alternative to smoking.”
    Department of Health spokeswoman Kay McNiece said: “The Australian Government is taking a precautionary approach and is examining the policy and regulatory framework on e-cigarettes.”

Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 21-11-16 at 08:39 PM.
    ybnice likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    You tell em @Schtoo sic em ROFLMAO Good post.

AVF Regular
    @rebelagainstthemachine, You have a PM that you asked for. Yeah Philp Morris suxs and the people they threw out of work when they closed their Victorian operation was not funny.

AVF Regular
    This is not surprising British American Tobacco (BAT) are also trying to get e-cigs (vape) to the general market.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast