Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: This is so Wrong

AVF Regular

This is so Wrong

I mean seriously,...currency conversion makes that's $AU 25.40 Almost $1 per mL!?!? Piss off!!
    Rodrocket likes this.

AVF Regular
    the smoke shop in my ho dunk town sells 10ml nic free hangsen juice for $15 a pop

scammers be everywhere

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Think i'd be more concerned with the labels

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post

I mean seriously,...currency conversion makes that's $AU 25.40 Almost $1 per mL!?!? Piss off!!
    Think I read somewhere that they got reamed, yep marketed at.....
    Right wack
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    Eh! numskulls ejuice is another to be offended by- Its possible both companies get done on copyright infringement ..

At first glance yeah what about the children on second glance .. well when do we start parenting our own children and not give up stuff adults like for them all the time?

If the children can afford things like ejuice the money must be coming from somewhere right?

And if parents actually sit their kids down and explain what things are and then make sure stuff is kept locked away in a high place there shouldn't be an issue...

Hell a dog will probably swallow anything regardless of label if its not locked away and put down low enough for it to reach

Also not everyone has kids or even wants the little - errm darlings so why should everyone have to suffer cause a couple parents give money without knowing what its for, or dont watch how and where they store stuff that kids shouldnt have anyways - like bleach or sweet smelling detergents or caustic soda

Recently a woman with bad vision put ejuice in her eye bc she mistook it for eyedrops - using the same argument what about the children - we could argue all ejuice is bad cause someone had an accident?

Oh hell did I just type that? Sheesh!
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Get over here in France, you think that`s bad. I now have an expensive habit... my ADV is at 18 euro for 30ml - soon to be 7 euro for 10ml when the new law comes in 1/1/2017 - works out to just above 1 AUD per ml and I am spewing.

Anything I want to import gets the shyte taxed out of it, so no go there either. I miss Oz.
    Last edited by CCVaper; 22-11-16 at 05:06 AM.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Recently a woman with bad vision put ejuice in her eye bc she mistook it for eyedrops
    Once I grabbed some eyedrops and nearly put it in my clearo

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    At first glance yeah what about the children on second glance .. well when do we start parenting our own children and not give up stuff adults like for them all the time?
    If you're talking about the actual flavourants, I am 100% in support of the most sweetest and fruitiest kinds out there. Yes, adults like sweet flavours too. Some even need those flavours to quit smoking, myself being a case example. My AVF user name is "PurpleVapes" because I literally quit smoking with Grape and Blackcurrant flavours, and I vaped those flavours exclusively for my first 2 whole years of vaping. My third year was predominantly Peach tea, and the last two years have been vanilla custard (non-diacetyl version of course).

However, I do have a hard time accepting the "adults like it" argument as a response to objections to marketing. I think to argue that adults should have the right to cartoon-ish labels on their bottles is a bit different to advocating for their right to ejuice flavourings, and I think the conflation of these issues does more harm than good for any of our causes. They need to be distinguished from one another as two separate issues.

I rarely ever speak up about this though, not because I'm not against it, but because I honestly think that those companies that engage in this type of marketing are merely desperate, and are the low end of the industry. If you look at the highest revenue generating ejuice manufacturers like Halo ejuice (NicoPure Labs) and Vaporchef, their marketing is very low key, but highly effective at attracting smokers.

This isn't mine, but it basically expresses want I think anyway

AVF Regular
    Purple I do understand your view - Its a good one and pretty protective - but things are not always what they seem

The dried fruit picture vs gummy bears you have there for example reminds me of the time I used to pick grapes which were then treated with caustic soda and other chemicals to help them shrivel to become raisins or sutanas - Dried fruit is also on the danger list for asthmatics, often contain sulpher dioxides for preservation and added sugars to sweeten (cause some fruit really comes out crap and sour after you dry them and mold can become an issue)

It could be argued that the gummy bears may even in some cases be better for you than the fruit

Secret Dangers Lurking in Dried Fruits and How To Avoid Them | One Green Planet

Without going into a detail the area of marketing psychology is pretty dammed huge and also pretty deceptive (if you haven't already I suggest a read on how it works) Like with the pokemon packaging

So the the makers of some ejuice thought they would make a quick buck on pokemon but when we look at the demographics of gamers the average age is actually 31yo and the part that surprised me was that they are not PC players but console gamers (I prefer PC myself nowadays)

40% of Pokemon go players atm average is 25yo+ while close to 60% are 18yo -25
    http://www.vox.com/culture/2016/7/14...roid-adult-age

Yesterday both Pokemon sun and moon came into my household - They didnt come via the midget - but rather through two who are nearly 30yo - Pokemon moon and sun average at $50 retail suggesting that children like my midget wouldnt be able to afford to buy them without parents helping them in some way

Pokemon now is around 20 years old and like the legend of zelda (which I think is slightly older) has been pushed not by kids so much as kids who have grown up and are nostalgic for the things they grew up with - Its those original kids that have pushed for new games under thier titles and passed those titles and interest in them to thier own kids who will likely do the same

Similar arguments could be put forward for numskulls ejuice which is based on nerds lollies who are owned by wonka lollies (charlie and the chocolate factory came out in 1964) so has also become a generational thing pushed by nostalgic parents - not unlike some games

Earlier purple I mentioned the lady with the eyedrops and Ozzie mentioned nearly doing the opposite - I thought about this and its really not that silly- eye dropper bottles and ejuice bottles are pretty much the same thing in shape-

Likewise the dropper bottles and medicine bottles you get for kids are also the same thing

Also when we think of amber and blue amber bottles we tend to associate them with poison or medicine

So I am wondering that instead of worrying about bright colours and banning them for adults who are often relating those images to thier own individuality or happy childhood experiences (most nostalgic geekwear is pretty expensive)

Why not teach kids about the shape and of the bottles? and that the packaging no matter how pretty does not always convey the contents like dried fruit or cereal or muelsi bars or any number of the things that are supposedly 'safe'.

Meanwhile parents with younger children could lock up and put up high anything that is not safe regardless of packaging....

Purple I am overtired and rambling now so have to sleep

am hoping some of this made sense

You have a great day

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    If you're talking about the actual flavourants, I am 100% in support of the most sweetest and fruitiest kinds out there. Yes, adults like sweet flavours too. Some even need those flavours to quit smoking, myself being a case example. My AVF user name is "PurpleVapes" because I literally quit smoking with Grape and Blackcurrant flavours, and I vaped those flavours exclusively for my first 2 whole years of vaping. My third year was predominantly Peach tea, and the last two years have been vanilla custard (non-diacetyl version of course).

However, I do have a hard time accepting the "adults like it" argument as a response to objections to marketing. I think to argue that adults should have the right to cartoon-ish labels on their bottles is a bit different to advocating for their right to ejuice flavourings, and I think the conflation of these issues does more harm than good for any of our causes. They need to be distinguished from one another as two separate issues.

I rarely ever speak up about this though, not because I'm not against it, but because I honestly think that those companies that engage in this type of marketing are merely desperate, and are the low end of the industry. If you look at the highest revenue generating ejuice manufacturers like Halo ejuice (NicoPure Labs) and Vaporchef, their marketing is very low key, but highly effective at attracting smokers.

This isn't mine, but it basically expresses want I think anyway

Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 22-11-16 at 10:41 AM.
    PurpleVapes likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    I couldnt give a rats,

But hey lets give the antis, all the ammo they need.

Its not like they bring up the "think of the kids" now is it,

Lets just make it look like its marketing to the children, the anti vape movement wont notice.
    Smoke free since april 2016

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast