Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dhufish
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By Hoofprint

Thread: Exploding e-cigarettes!

AVF Regular

Exploding e-cigarettes!

Saw this on "Faceplant"... Not sure what to think but I'd bet they were using the cheap crap mods.
    The explosions seem very energetic. That surprised me.

Decent mod + good batteries. You can't go wrong.

Clerk suffers third degree burns after e-cigarette explodes in his pocket - 9news.com.au
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

AVF Regular
    He and his lawyer will probably claim it just went off on its own, as usual no info on the mod or type of batttery and what else was in his pocket.

I used to work in a fishing/camping shop and people would come in with a broken fishing rod normally the top 10 inches. " it just broke on its own " was always the claim.
    Not until you pin them down on their claim and the details do you get to the truth. Oh you put it in the boot of the car and closed the boot on it or walked through the house and the flywire door caught it, i used my whiting rod to cast with a 8 ounce sinker etc. I've never seen a rod resting against a wall or lying down on the ground "just brake".
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhufish View Post
    He and his lawyer will probably claim it just went off on its own, as usual no info on the mod or type of batttery and what else was in his pocket.

I used to work in a fishing/camping shop and people would come in with a broken fishing rod normally the top 10 inches. " it just broke on its own " was always the claim.
    Not until you pin them down on their claim and the details do you get to the truth. Oh you put it in the boot of the car and closed the boot on it or walked through the house and the flywire door caught it, i used my whiting rod to cast with a 8 ounce sinker etc. I've never seen a rod resting against a wall or lying down on the ground "just brake".
    Yep, there's a reasons for these things happening. While it's possible for a manufacturing fault to cause an internal short, by far the most common cause is incorrect use/charging. Manufacturers of small devices are going to continue to use lipo batteries because of the size/power advantage, but buying too cheap might be seriously false economy. Mostly, I worry about the really cheap charging dongles for ego batteries.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Yep, his friend called it a "vape pen" so most likely some kind of cheap ego battery

sc_rufctr likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    i could swear ive seen that video before earlier in the year.

If remember correctly what i said at the time was,
    " I vented plenty of batteries in my life and not small suckers
    i aint never seen one discharge like a sparkler."
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've seen that top video before,
    I'm sure it's an old video?

AVF Regular
    Snap Hoofy.