Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Aussie Petition

AVF Regular

Aussie Petition

Dunno who they are but here is an Australian petition if you are inclined to sign

Legalize E-Cigarettes and Nicotine E-Juice in Australiahttps://www.change.org/p/australian-...ter_responsive

Enthusiast users are mostly satisfied with their e-cigs, survey finds
    Enthusiast users are mostly satisfied with their e-cigs, survey finds | ECigIntelligence

Cornell Study Finds Raising The Vaping Age Actually Increases Teen Smoking
    Read more: Study: Raising E-Cigarette Age Increases Teen Smoking | The Daily Caller
    ybnice and rockmoose like this.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Dunno who they are but here is an Australian petition if you are inclined to sign

Legalize E-Cigarettes and Nicotine E-Juice in Australiahttps://www.change.org/p/australian-...ter_responsive
    Seems like a social media driven effort. I think we are going to need grass roots advocacy, but how effective it is remains to be seen; these things can take on a life of their own.

Signing partitions only seems to do any good when politicians are on side. If they are not, it's too easy to discount and ignore them. 1500 sigs is setting the bar way too low in my opinion as well.

(Yes I signed and shared)
    ybnice likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post

Enthusiast users are mostly satisfied with their e-cigs, survey finds
    Enthusiast users are mostly satisfied with their e-cigs, survey finds | ECigIntelligence

Cornell Study Finds Raising The Vaping Age Actually Increases Teen Smoking
    Read more: Study: Raising E-Cigarette Age Increases Teen Smoking | The Daily Caller
    Did a google on Vapers Australia nothing came up. So no idea who the heck they are I signed and now am sitting back and watching how much spam mail comes in as I used an email account which I rarely monitor but will in this case. I signed and shared.

AVF Regular
    Signed up.

I have signed a number of activismish petitions through change.org in the past, with no ill effects re Dymo's spam concerns. Basically you, or i or yes even stylemessiah, are free to set up a petition through them. I readily admit I am a rampant conspiracy theorist, but I think change.org have pretty strong measures in place, to keep petition info secure. They would be well aware that a security breach would be the death knell for their organisation. As a grass roots opportunity for us, the great unwashed to voice our opposition to corruption, incompetence, and diabolically poor governance, I hope it continues for as long as it is required (is there an end in sight).

The king is dead. Long live the king.

And I just saw vapebogan signed up, so it must be all good.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Change.org spam with updates...

"250 signatures. Yay us" etc.

Better to find one started years ago that already has a few thousand signatures. This method of a new one every month leaves hundreds of vape petitions out there with under 500 sigs thst are meaningless.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    CCVaper and rockmoose like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    I'm a bit dubious about the petition. Their first update promotes zamplebox. If, as they state, they are trying to help new vapers find e-liquids, why mention only one supplier? And why zamplebox?

There seems to be a lack of transparency.
    DogMan and stylemessiah like this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    I'm a bit dubious about the petition. Their first update promotes zamplebox. If, as they state, they are trying to help new vapers find e-liquids, why mention only one supplier? And why zamplebox?

There seems to be a lack of transparency.
    I got the mail. It's basically an update (reasonable) and links to message, tweet and promote the survey (I already did the book of faces). This is also reasonable, it's a social media driven group and campaign. If no one promotes it, it dies.

I got *NO* advertising at all but then I have a ton of ad servers permanently blocked through my hosts file. This leaves me to believe that the ads are topic targeted fund raising - keywords (like "vaping") are used to serve relevant advertising. These things don't happen for free, and that's one solution. Anyone is free to block this type of advertising but it means that change.org drew a blank with me. I note that it's probably advertising added by change.org, not "Vapers Australia" whoever they are. Vapers Australia probably had no control over this feature or what advertising gets served.

I see no problem at all with what has been done so far.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 03-12-16 at 04:55 PM.

AVF Regular
    I have no ads.

I also have no ad blockers (techno luddite, remember).

But, and I think it is a big BUT, I couldn't share, except by email, as I have no social media accounts.

I think this may be the issue. coughfacebookcoughcough.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I got the mail. It's basically an update (reasonable) and links to message, tweet and promote the survey (I already did the book of faces). This is also reasonable, it's a social media driven group and campaign. If no one promotes it, it dies.

I got *NO* advertising at all but then I have a ton of ad servers permanently blocked through my hosts file. This leaves me to believe that the ads are topic targeted fund raising - keywords (like "vaping") are used to serve relevant advertising. These things don't happen for free, and that's one solution. Anyone is free to block this type of advertising but it means that change.org drew a blank with me. I note that it's probably advertising added by change.org, not "Vapers Australia" whoever they are. Vapers Australia probably had no control over this feature or what advertising gets served.

I see no problem at all with what has been done so far.
    Are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about the petition update headed "Nicotine Juice available here !!" which recommends zamplebox and links only to their web site: https://www.change.org/p/australian-...lia/u/18623033

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about the petition update headed "Nicotine Juice available here !!" which recommends zamplebox and links only to their web site: https://www.change.org/p/australian-...lia/u/18623033
    No I didn't see that. The idiots... No place for that in advocacy.

ETA: just told them that in a comment on that page too...
    Last edited by fabricator4; 03-12-16 at 06:20 PM.
    btobw and rockmoose like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast