Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: Couple more articles - some good ones too!

AVF Regular
    There are a heap of vape ettiquette articles floating around today - apparently etiquette 'experts' have released a guide ... I dont expect too much else today on vaping- but who knows? The media is a fickle mistress

The polite vaping guide - the dos and don'ts of electronic cigarette smoking - Mirror Online

How to be polite when vaping - the ten dos and don'ts of e-cigarettes smoking | Kent Live
    Wombats1 and Cat like this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    There are a heap of vape ettiquette articles floating around today - apparently etiquette 'experts' have released a guide ... I dont expect too much else today on vaping- but who knows? The media is a fickle mistress

The polite vaping guide - the dos and don'ts of electronic cigarette smoking - Mirror Online

How to be polite when vaping - the ten dos and don'ts of e-cigarettes smoking | Kent Live
    Mostly a clickbait article. Society sets the dos and don'ts, not sociologists. For example in China if you go to a new years celebration they will give you a packet of cigarettes, or expect you to front up with one. That may be changing now, but I haven't heard about it.

Some of the stuff is obvious - lifts and restaurants. It's the hard stuff that people are going to have trouble with though.

For example the reason for not stealth vaping - not exhaling ANY vapour - is that you might get caught. That's back asswards and I suggest using a vape like an inhaler in a public space will be acceptable once people understand it but we are a long way off society establishing those kinds of rules.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 18-03-17 at 09:52 AM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    This looks interesting:
    UL Announces Certification for Electronic Cigarettes
    "UL has been evaluating, testing and certifying portable battery powered devices, including battery cells, modules, packs, chargers and power supplies for many years,"

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire
    Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post

I noticed the bit about the vape film on the windscreen of my car a few days ago. Though I don't vape whilst driving, I do vape at traffic lights and before I get out of the car, so I will be making sure I blow it out the window a lot more now, so long as it doesn't affect anyone else.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    Go Matt !!!

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    Go Start Your Own Empire
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html

AVF Regular

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

AVF Regular
    It would be interesting to see any stats of smoking reduction in Countries where vaping is welcomed and supported compared to Countries
    where it's banned.

AVF Regular
    OT but interesting about the IQOS (non vaping thingy that BT are focusing on)
    Philip Morris commits third factory to "smokeless" cigarettes - Convenience & Impulse Retailing
    gert likes this.
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...

AVF Regular
    UK from a couple weeks ago but interesting
    As far as insurers are concerned, a drag on a cigarette is identical to a puff on a vaping device. And that could spell disaster for you
    'There is NO difference between vaping and smoking' - the small print that could invalidate all your insurance - Mirror Online

flyingfox12 likes this.

AVF Regular
    MONQ again (hawking "therapeutic air")

The advert that crossed past my path

and the fb page where I followed up
    https://www.facebook.com/MyMONQ/?hc_ref=ADS&fref=nf&ft

According to their fb page reply to someone... their product stands out bc of terpenes that is in their "air" ... interesting advert too...

They never mention vaping or ecigs or smoking ....

So no other comments by me.. moreso just interesting is all - especially when I consider the say cancer council definition of an electronic cigarette ...

Background: what are electronic cigarettes?

Electronic cigarettes are designed to deliver nicotine and/or other chemicals to the user via an aerosol vapour through devices designed to simulate the act of smoking tobacco cigarettes. The devices do not generally contain tobacco and products vary in terms of ingredients and designs. Non-nicotine products are also available and many brands (both nicotine and non-nicotine) come with fruit, confectionery and other flavours[3][47][48]. The 'Ploom' product (part owned by Japan Tobacco International) differs from other brands in that it contains tobacco and is described as being designed to heat tobacco and release flavour and nicotine in the form of a vapour[49]. Electronic cigarettes are often marketed (online and through television, radio and print) as recreational products that are safer alternatives to tobacco cigarette smoking as well as products that can be used in places where smoking tobacco is prohibited[17][18][19]. In many instances, including for products marketed in Australia, it is claimed or at least strongly implied that electronic cigarettes can help with quitting smoking[17].

Position statement - Electronic cigarettes - National Cancer Control Policy

So just curious is all....with maybe a few questions left over... like when is an ecig not an ecig?
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 05-04-17 at 01:13 AM.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast