Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Has any one got any news as to what is happening with the NNA ?

AVF Regular
    I dunno what you are all going on about but I just wanna get RATM to my house and have sex with her after a hot discussion about all sorts of things.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    Has anyone got any news as to what is happening with the New Nicotine Alliance (Australia)?
    Since their submission to the TGA it seems there is no further news on their website or blog site.
    Have they shut down or ceased to function?
    Nope, the NNA AU is alive and functioning! Unfortunately the website has been a thorn in our side since pretty much the beginning. As none of us know the first thing about managing a website we've had a series of volunteers fiddle with it over the time, but it's basically been broken for the last six months or so. We currently have someone helping us to build a new site that's much easier to run and all content will be transported over to that site. Hopefully that will be finished soon.

But our facebook page and twitter account are very much active (apart from over the silly season of course). There are also regular updates on a dedicated thread on another forum. Everyone is welcome to ask questions of us and get involved on any of those platforms, as well as via the NNA AU contact email; contact@nnalliance.org.au

We welcome any support, suggestions, questions, feedback and ideas from all vapers, smokers and interested parties. But we are so limited in man power and have so much work to do, there is limited time and opportunity for long conversations and online debates at each step of the way. A lot of time is spent organising and attending meetings with politicians and public health people and trying to spread the vaping as harm reduction message to those who have the influence to make positive changes in the long term. Through this reaching out we have gained the support and trust of a small circle of influential people who are open to the potential of vaping. There is still a long, long way to go, but with their help at least there is light at the end of a very dark tunnel created by tobacco control, Cancer Council, AMA, et al, in Australia.

As for the TGA application we don't know anything more than the vaper on the street about how that is going, and we won't know until they give us their interim decision in early February. That decision could be anything from complete approval of the application (about as likely as pigs flying), to placing limitations and conditions on the details of what we proposed (which we will fight), to complete rejection of the application.

Our main goal is to make vaping legal and accessible to all Aussie smokers. We want to have what the UK has; vape shops in every city and town and legal nicotine ejuice. We do not intend to make any compromises that will limit the power of vaping as a method of quitting or switching from smoking.

And one more time, the NNA AU does not, and will never, support the medicalisation of vaping, and we will fight it tooth and nail every step of the way if it even looks like happening here.

Cheers!

Super Moderator
    Hi Jen

With time being in short supply, it's understandable that it's difficult to get info posted everywhere. You are very welcone to use our locked thread though and just do a basic cut and paste of any updates without having to get into time consuming debates

Me, FM and GT are all very willing to do lock/unlocks of the thread for you ad infinitum just pm any of us at any time.
    Fatman, JenJ, btobw and 5 others like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by spencerhastin View Post
    or sitting in a bathtub full of causes of eating ice cream.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    Hi Jen

With time being in short supply, it's understandable that it's difficult to get info posted everywhere. You are very welcone to use our locked thread though and just do a basic cut and paste of any updates without having to get into time consuming debates

Me, FM and GT are all very willing to do lock/unlocks of the thread for you ad infinitum just pm any of us at any time.
    Thanks Ingrid! Will keep it in mind in future.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian R View Post
    I dunno what you are all going on about but I just wanna get RATM to my house and have sex with her after a hot discussion about all sorts of things.
    Id be careful, i get the distinct, but uncorroborated, feeling that RATM likes to leave marks during congress

Or maybe i just hope she does
    "You're worse than Hitler and Stalin's love child, worse than a Pol Pot x Donald Trump hybrid, worse than Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day" - Ducky
    Goat Suckler of Bowral
    CSCVP - Certifiable Single Coil Vaping Professional
    Proud MOOFTA - Member of the Order Of Fraternal TreeBox Afficianados - "We've always got wood."

I hate to advocate aspergers, decaf, croissants, kittens or
    Fender Stratocasters to anyone, but they've always worked for me

- Adrian M. Miller

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Id be careful, i get the distinct, but uncorroborated, feeling that RATM likes to leave marks during congress

Or maybe i just hope she does
    Count yourselves lucky I can't upload the photo's. My body looks like a something out of a Tarantino movie.
    emu likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Congress is a really nice descriptive word for neuro typicals to contemplate.
    stylemessiah and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    I like to throw the NT's a nice easy to contemplate/navigate word every now and then
    DogMan and emu like this.
    "You're worse than Hitler and Stalin's love child, worse than a Pol Pot x Donald Trump hybrid, worse than Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day" - Ducky
    Goat Suckler of Bowral
    CSCVP - Certifiable Single Coil Vaping Professional
    Proud MOOFTA - Member of the Order Of Fraternal TreeBox Afficianados - "We've always got wood."

I hate to advocate aspergers, decaf, croissants, kittens or
    Fender Stratocasters to anyone, but they've always worked for me

- Adrian M. Miller

AVF Regular
    Welp in the end it just goes to show that if you stay silent nothing happens.. but if you speak up- no matter how others see you ....eventually someone will make time from their normal busy schedule (which even prevents copy and paste of thier Q&A thread on home forum to here) to say something - even if its just for damage control purposes ....

*shrug
    Rose likes this.
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?
    If most of the vaping community is ignored- who do the NNA AU really represent?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Welp in the end it just goes to show that if you stay silent nothing happens.. but if you speak up- no matter how others see you ....eventually someone will make time from their normal busy schedule (which even prevents copy and paste of thier Q&A thread on home forum to here) to say something - even if its just for damage control purposes ....

*shrug
    It seems the NNA AU is damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast