Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Has any one got any news as to what is happening with the NNA ?

Super Moderator
    I'm honestly not bothered either way, but if you are bothered and do want updates then perhaps encouragement might be the way to go?

All the mods can do is create the easiest method, but it's up to the members to create the atmosphere that updates would be appreciated.

Just my thoughts

I should add that I'm really not remotely into politics, I'm just suggesting a way of perhaps everyone getting what they want.
    Last edited by giruvian; 08-01-17 at 05:49 PM.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    Good question!

Can they be f*cked outside of damage control and asking for money to post outside of their home forum on a regular basis? You know often enough to include the whole vaping community?

Or are questions answers and official updates only for groupies who sign up to them ?

Hey do you reckon the next time they put in an official major submission they might consider the views of others who are not on the board? or are they only an expert thing? Because you know... enemies...

So many questions - best to ask them I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    It seems the NNA AU is damned if they do and damned if they dont.
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 08-01-17 at 05:51 PM.
    SubyXV and emu like this.
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?
    If most of the vaping community is ignored- who do the NNA AU really represent?

AVF Regular
    That locked thread is appreciated and has been watched by a few for a long time now - so no need for any atmosphere really- group or otherwise -

It could be plain toast without fuss - People have asked nicely and they have argued for them to post updates here - nothing works

Hell am happy to shut up if that locked thread gets used

But always excuses - bullies- enemies- time- it doesn't take much to copy and paste or to appoint someone to officially do it for them on the locked thread

This should be a two way street in small communities or else it fails to be advocacy

Agree completely that mods here can only do what they can do- and what is done is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    I'm honestly not bothered either way, but if you are bothered and do want updates then perhaps encouragement might be the way to go?

All the mods can do is create the easiest method, but it's up to the members to create the atmosphere that updates would be appreciated.

Just my thoughts

I should add that I'm really not remotely into politics, I'm just suggesting a way of perhaps everyone getting what they want.
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 08-01-17 at 06:07 PM.
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?

AVF Regular
    "Hell am happy to shut up if that locked thread gets used"

Lol - is that a promise?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Im just puzzled how a group that represents vapers hasn't had an election of members from the vape community. Doesnt sound very "open and forth coming" in my books

AVF Regular
    For those who werent here a few years back, once upon a time political threads didnt go so well here

We dont want to go there again...and im tired of the, post civil agreement a few pages back, sniping already

The mods and the people who do take the time to answer NNA queries here have all civily gotten a way to work around this

The continued sniping makes those doing it look petty

All the possible snipes/points have been asked/made before you raised them, most of them 2 years ago. It wasnt helpful then, its not helpful now. Given that those snipes/points havent resulted in a change, and wont, that should tell you something.

AVF has gotten back to being a really harmonius place where many of have been saying privately, between even former opponents, "how nice is it these days" over the past 6 months

Please, enough. Dont fricking ruin it. Please shut that shit down.

I understand if you werent here you may have some snipes/points and feel strongly about them, and not be aware we've been there already.

Trust me when i tell you that its all been raked through before, so save your red mist moments for something you can have an effect on

Dont agree with how the NNA AU is run or their policies (many of us dont), send them an email by all means

And now for a random cat pic (someone else has the trademark on kitten pics)

giruvian, Fatman, Rose and 4 others like this.
    So you may have noticed ive been absent...not just of mind...like normal....

I decided to take a few months off, download all 9 seasons of Dirty Jobs and watch it ...

I wont be back till i am well and able to take part regularly, besides people expect a certain continuity of weirdness and inappropriateness...and im currently unable to service your twisted needs
    But i am looking forward to hopefully being back soon...

emu
    AVF Regular
    Peace brother
    stylemessiah and SubyXV like this.

AVF Regular
    Ally - Actually I do- But let me ask you this directly in return

Is asking for them to use the locked thread on a regular basis to provide information, updates etc without begging for money or trying to force support (with maybe a view to have a proper Q&A thread after they get more comfortable) Really so much to ask? What about involving the whole community on major policy decisions and changes? Elections? Without being forced into membership...

I get it .. most of them involved are nice people .. I still even like quite a few of them

But is what is being asked by vapers and others they claim to represent really so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    "Hell am happy to shut up if that locked thread gets used"

Lol - is that a promise?
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 09-01-17 at 03:55 AM.
    1ynne likes this.

AVF Regular
    OMG he/ she is adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post

emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    For those who werent here a few years back, once upon a time political threads didnt go so well here

We dont want to go there again...
    Style, I can understand that, now.. but, as a new vaper, I wondered why the hell people were so apathetic to what is an important time for the future of vaping.. then I came to understand that there was an almost unspoken "AVF History"

but in 2017 there are many many people new to vaping and I think it is important not to shut down conversation just because things did not go well before.

Maybe, now, its time for a civil dialogue, communication and a sharing of views - a place to ask questions and not be howled down - where there is no place for sniping..

if you dont want to revisit the conversation then dont but that should not stop others from doing so - its important !

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast