Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Has any one got any news as to what is happening with the NNA ?

AVF Regular
    Flea, Fatman, singlefished and 3 others like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    That there is a working cat, dusting and taking down webs so its human doesnt have to...
    singlefished, 1ynne and Danny76 like this.
    "You're worse than Hitler and Stalin's love child, worse than a Pol Pot x Donald Trump hybrid, worse than Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day" - Ducky
    Goat Suckler of Bowral
    CSCVP - Certifiable Single Coil Vaping Professional
    Proud MOOFTA - Member of the Order Of Fraternal TreeBox Afficianados - "We've always got wood."

I hate to advocate aspergers, decaf, croissants, kittens or
    Fender Stratocasters to anyone, but they've always worked for me

- Adrian M. Miller

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    That there is a working cat, dusting and taking down webs so its human doesnt have to...
    Well it is no longer dusty back in the archives.. oh and FM.. I think I got all the cobwebs..

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Quit date: 22/11/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Ally to your point .. I really really hope that you are wrong about this .. because if they cant manage to do group research very quickly and efficiently and apply that to policy and decision making, If their skills are so bad they cant handle diverse groups - Then perhaps the board should really hold elections now and move on.. (even though I personally think it would be too early right now considering the TGA submission) These are basics for any professional style lobby/ advocacy groups

In relation to the second point - Yes certain board members have at times claimed they were doing it for the whole community -

But in relation to the claiming for the whole community - As the only active advocacy group they also do have some responsibility to even non members if their decisions will affect the image or status of the whole community - like with the TGA submission

If they are asking also for money, support etc from non members on places like AVF, then even non members deserve to have regular updates in places where non members feel safe

The fact that they are the only active group, coupled with the fact that some of their policy direction may impact the whole vaping community in ways that will not be pleasant also begs for NNA AU to take some responsibility for their actions

Ally I still dont see the big deal about them posting on their own locked thread here with a view to change -

Its funny you know .. I have regularly posted news and updates on the political thread- In fact I do this every few days, some of the ideas presented really make some people uncomfortable but there is no big deal from anyone

So why is such a song and dance for them to post in their locked thread?(There has been no such fuss since they left on the political threads and thats open?) This conversation with them has been going on since they started and still no new posts..

You know Ally if the TGA thing goes in thier favor - they will try and claim victory while ignoring the 100 other applications and use that to try and gain more support but if the TGA decides to medicalize or ban out right or kill imports, the 100 others may then be remembered - nothing wrong with this - but it is politics

What makes a fair go Ally? and why shouldn't Oliver Twist ask for more? Why is basic information from them so bloody protected from vapers unless all it is is about avoiding responsibility for actions?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely - lets hope this is not the case here

I dont know...

Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    In regards to involving the whole community with mayor decisions - given how differently we all think, I doubt they would get any work done and their time would be completely taken up with debate rather than action.

I dont think they have ever claimed to speak on behalf of all Vapers, correct me if I am wrong.
    Thats it from me as a very non political Vaper that would just like to see everyone have a fair go.
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 09-01-17 at 04:49 PM.
    emu likes this.
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?
    If most of the vaping community is ignored- who do the NNA AU really represent?

AVF Regular
    Just to give more detail on previous posts. FB and twitter get the most frequent updates. Or VCA pretty much just gets their one thread updated these days, unsure on why. Time constraints I guess. And not getting locked into 6 hour forum discussions on little things.

This is the thread. http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/in...?threads/3751/

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/New-Nicotin...3920825292322/

Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/nnallianc...74313252569088

They all get slightly different updates. I think FB is the main one for any calls to submit etc. Since it has the biggest following of their pages.

JenJ would know better what each is for.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Quit date: 22/11/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    And this is the locked thread that is being talked about - why people have to go to other forums or to social media is also still a mystery ...

All about the New Nicotine Alliance, Australia, and why we set this up
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?

AVF Regular
    With respect RATM, I wont be engaging in further convo with you on this issue I have expressed my personal thoughts and feel that is enough - I am not a spokesperson for the NNA AU - just a average run of the mill Vaper.
    You have great writing skills - it would be wonderful to see them used for something positive.

AVF Regular
    Thankyou for the compliment and with respect they have been and are being put to good use

As a run of the mill vaper and not a spokesperson I am very sorry that this conversation occurred with you like this

A conversation like this should officially be made available by NNA AU who should be providing an official spokesperson to AVF - Something that has been continually asked for but never acknowledged- leaving passionate people like yourself in awkward positions like this one (you are not the first and prolly not the last til this gets fixed )

But I suppose what else can you expect from a group who cant even use a locked thread where they are not even really answerable to anyone to post updates ...

C'est la vie

Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    With respect RATM, I wont be engaging in further convo with you on this issue I have expressed my personal thoughts and feel that is enough - I am not a spokesperson for the NNA AU - just a average run of the mill Vaper.
    You have great writing skills - it would be wonderful to see them used for something positive.
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 09-01-17 at 05:36 PM.
    emu likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456