Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: State of Tennessee Department of Health Warning about Vaping

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

State of Tennessee Department of Health Warning about Vaping

Not really related to us in Australia & this new "warning" about the dangers of vaping, contains much of what we already expect from public "health" officials. However the state of Tennessee has found some new & unexpected dangers about vaping.

Here is a selection of the claims made:

"10. Emissions from ENDS products can contain other chemicals such as formaldehyde, propylene glycol, acetaldehyde, acrolein and tobacco-specific nitrosamines25 which are known to be hazardous to health."

Because Propylene Glycol isn't GRAS apparently...

"13. Persons should not use ENDS devices offered to them by friends or acquaintances to prevent the spread of illness; more importantly, ENDS can be delivery systems for incapacitating agents such as gamma butyrolactone, GBL, more commonly known as the date **** drug."

That's right, date r*a*p*e!
    Tennessee state Health officials are worried that that stranger you meet at a vape meet, may have laced their juice with date **** drugs!
    This has to be a first for public health anywhere in the world!

The rest is pretty much what we have come to expect but I thought this public health warning note worthy because now vaping is a vehicle for date ****!
    The full document can be found here:
    https://tn.gov/assets/entities/health/attachments/Health_Advisory_-_Electronic_Cigarettes_1-17.pdf

Danny76 likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Yeah saw that, they are idiots.

From the MSDS:
    "Skin Toxicity:
    Causes skin burns.
    Not expected to be toxic from dermal contact."

Seems the effects of inhaling GLB will not be much all. It's not toxic to skin contact, but may cause URT irritation. I'd surmise it won't be any more active on inhalation than it is on skin contact. They are getting pretty desperate I think...

Not all drugs are suitable for inhalation or will have much of an effect. Caffeine for example has very little effect when inhaled - you can't get your caffeine fix by vaping it.

Not only can we now not eat or drink in a public place for fear someone will slip us a few ruffies, but we can't breathe either...
    Last edited by fabricator4; 18-01-17 at 06:06 PM.
    1ynne and ybnice like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yeah saw that, they are idiots.

Not all drugs are suitable for inhalation or will have much of an effect. Caffeine for example has very little effect when inhaled - you can't get your caffeine fix by vaping it.
    welcome back mr latte.. you HAVE been missed !
    fabricator4 and ybnice like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    It's shame how the outcome of the big tobacco lawsuits in America (where states get a straight percentage cut of all tobacco sales to be used for tobacco use relatedhealth issues or as they see fit) has twisted our system and made the states (who desperately want that slush fund to keep coming) the biggest supporters of tobacco and cigarette smoking.

Unintended consequences at their finest.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hashtagvapemail View Post
    It's shame how the outcome of the big tobacco lawsuits in America (where states get a straight percentage cut of all tobacco sales to be used for tobacco use relatedhealth issues or as they see fit) has twisted our system and made the states (who desperately want that slush fund to keep coming) the biggest supporters of tobacco and cigarette smoking.

Unintended consequences at their finest.

It's even worst than that. A lot of states have borrowed against money they haven't yet got from the tobacco settlement. They have little hope of paying it back and they are desperate because tobacco sales are going down. https://www.propublica.org/article/h...-in-toxic-debt

They don't want you to stop smoking dude, they want you to keep paying for their stupid and cowardly mistakes - borrow a hundred million to fill a budget hole so that they look good, then hand the people of the state a multi Billion dollar debt.

I don't know if the Feds will end up bailing them out, but I don't know what other solution there would be.

OOTP ETA: I'll note at this point though that Tennessee was one of the few states that did NOT sell tobacco bonds, or trade them.

California on the other hand is in it up to the hilt, and only spent 0.5% of money from the settlement on tobacco control. They can't afford it now, or ever.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 18-01-17 at 09:58 PM.

AVF Regular
    Lol Love it! Reminds me of this old Gem about Australian tobacco taxes from May

Federal Budget 2016 tobacco tax: P*ss off, Australian government

annnd there has been a nicotine crystal snus recently released (last year) ....which I assume is similar or same to the stuff they use in NRTs aaand nude nicotine has nicotine salt which I think without checking right now... they sell to Juule which if they saw a demand could be made into lower mgs to sell to the general public (its wayy too high atm for most DIYers) ... meaning a potential black market is already being created (this stuff already avail from india and other places)

and then there is the liquid nicotine a couple people I know already have more than 20 liters stocked bc they want to vape and bc of potential legislation against vaping ...

its like trying to plug a cracking dam with a screwdriver .. and am noticing even non smokers are more and more starting to see the hypocrisy where tobacco and vaping is concerned

These tobacco taxes, hits against snus and vaping are really not a good look for the health zealots and will hurt them and science in general in the long run
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 19-01-17 at 03:48 AM.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    13. Persons should not use ENDS devices offered to them by friends or acquaintances to prevent the spread of illness;
    That bit is actually a very valid point, though they're gotten the usual dynamic backwards (it's not usually the vaper doing the pushing).

Unless you're desperate following dental surgery, the drip tip goes in your mouth. Given that a person can carry a cold - and be highly infectious - for a good 3 - 4 days before any symptoms show... that's a doozy of a transmission vector were you to let other people use your gear without due diligence.

That's not even considering the REALLY nasty stuff that could be passed around like cold sores, bacterial infections, or mono.

Practicing vape hygiene - particularly at high risk events like vape meets - is actually an important health related message for our community. Pity they've phrased it like that, and buried it in with a load of BS anti-vaping propaganda.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    That bit is actually a very valid point, though they're gotten the usual dynamic backwards (it's not usually the vaper doing the pushing).

Unless you're desperate following dental surgery, the drip tip goes in your mouth. Given that a person can carry a cold - and be highly infectious - for a good 3 - 4 days before any symptoms show... that's a doozy of a transmission vector were you to let other people use your gear without due diligence.

That's not even considering the REALLY nasty stuff that could be passed around like cold sores, bacterial infections, or mono.

Practicing vape hygiene - particularly at high risk events like vape meets - is actually an important health related message for our community. Pity they've phrased it like that, and buried it in with a load of BS anti-vaping propaganda.
    Nicotine & PG kill off nearly anything you could catch, the common cold stands no chance on a drip tip with PG & nic going through it.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

emu
    AVF Regular
    If someone has a cold the virus will be all over the mod as well as the driptip, I personally would not share a PV. That's why they're called PERSONAL vaporisers. With hepatitis and who knows what so prevalent these days it's wise to keep your guard up when it comes to sharing things.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Nicotine & PG kill off nearly anything you could catch, the common cold stands no chance on a drip tip with PG & nic going through it.
    I have a friend who now only vape VG (he's PG intolerant) and I was worried that VG only would not have the antiseptic qualities that PG has. I did a bit of research and found out that VG also has antiseptic qualities, but probably not as much as PG.

On the drip tip thing, I agree bacteria and viruses will have a hard time of it but your lips touch the outside of the DT, while the vapour is mostly going through the inside. While there's sure to be PG and VG on the outside as well it shouldn't be discounted as a possible vector for something nasty. It's a personal choice thing - if it's someone you are comfortable swapping spit with that's your choice. My advice would be to use your own drip tip at least. ;-)
    Last edited by fabricator4; 19-01-17 at 11:59 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast