• 5 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 3 Post By PurpleVapes
  • 1 Post By 1ynne
  • 1 Post By rebelagainstthemachine

Thread: Vape Master Game

AVF Regular

Vape Master Game

OK, so now there's a vaping game available for apple portable devices.

Vape advocates will not be pleased however. You have to run around vaping where you'r not supposed to and at people so that they pass out. (warning pops up on the screen that your vapour is harmful to others). You collect money to upgrade your mods by doing so etc (it's also a pay-to-win monetised game) and seems to have some douchie graphics (the guy has beard, various glasses for fashion accessories, and you can put stickers on your mod etc.)

It's not clear what the motivation for making this game was, because it's clearly not a mainstream theme (like war, drugs, and sex) though it may contain those as well. It does not show vaping in the best light, and the message is not one of smoking cessation.

If it was created by vapers... Which bit of "You are part of the problem" do you not understand?

My advice is to not install this game, don't visit the itunes page, and don't link it on social media. Die bastard child... DIE!!!!!
    AllyP, 1ynne, Smasha and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    It's not clear what the motivation for making this game
    sadly, the almighty dollar is a great motivator for some

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    sadly, the almighty dollar is a great motivator for some
    Definitely, buy I'm concerned they were paid to develop this specifically. They've apparently already produced some pretty big games, why pick something that is really a niche market, and why portray vaping in such a poor light in the current political climate? It makes no sense.

At the end of the day I guess it's just a game but I really hope it doesn't hurt us because while the developers apparently seem to understand vape culture, they miss the real purpose of it - and if they understood that part they wouldn't have done this at all.
    AllyP likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    between each game level, you are offered to watch a video in exchange for free game money.

The video you are linked to is a "icanquit" video.

The game makers probably charge local area quit campaigns to link certain user to campaigns baused on their IP address or GPS location.

since icanquit campaign is paid for by our tax dollars, this game can accurately be labeled government sponsored.
    fabricator4, 1ynne and rockmoose like this.

AVF Regular
    now this gets interesting.. thank you Purple
    fabricator4 likes this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Well had a look on PC - you can play it mostly ad free here

Vape Master - Play Vape Master Game - Free Online Games

an article about it can be found here

https://aspenvalleyvapes.com/mobile-...-the-industry/

Purple may be onto something... but the thing is that the mobile games industry does not really give a sh*t where money comes from as long it money comes in. The icanquit thing on the other hand will just be paid by their general advertising fund

More the worry is if the icanquit crew has bought access to user information like GPS, financial, browsing history and other (you know the list - the one that pops up when you download any free app for mobile- also the reason I prefer pc)

I can bet my bottom dollar that as long as anti vaping zealots did not develop the game then this advertising space could just as easily bought out by a vaping vendor or several - but that would be up to them to do that

The game itself I have to admit is cute and will suit people who like match three and other mindless games- but on this particular topic... it will be up to vape vendors or the large US/ UK vape advocacy groups to raise money to own it- which will only be possible if the game was not a co- project with the anti vapers
    flyingfox12 likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs