Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree198Likes

Thread: Umm... Might want to read this one...

AVF Regular

Umm... Might want to read this one...

Looks like there's a big name vaper who's decided to make themselves known...

Vape laws in Australia: TGA to decide on e-cigarettes’ legality

Maybe too late.

Stu.
    VapeLikeKing505, e_tech and Sully like this.

AVF Regular
    meh TGA already made their decision.

Jen and NNA AU's love child was smacked down harder then Style saying he loves metal mods.
    flyingfox12 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Getting pollies to do something that makes sense? Better get the pigs fed and brush down those wings!
    The more that stop smoking the more that hole of revenue grows. And those snivel liberarians in the anti smoking lobby would have to go get a real job!
    *grumbles to self and wanders off*
    thanks for posting this one Schtoo
    gert, AllyP, flyingfox12 and 1 others like this.
    One failed lab experiment away from obtaining superpowers

https://media.tenor.co/images/860c5d...011a/tenor.gif

AVF Regular
    Noticed that at the end of the article.

Status quo by the sounds, so it won't affect those here any different I expect.

Find a dead smoker, haul their corpse in front of the TGA and demand answers?

There's a money trail in there somewhere, and/or a deranged individual(s) who can and should be publicly humiliated.

The real reason simply need to be found. There are always reasons why something that shows improvement over the established 'thing' is suppressed and sometimes, just sometimes, that reason is rooted out, those responsible treated accordingly and we all benefit in the end. I'm not talking about 100mpg carburettors here or cold fusion either.

Usually not though.

Stu.
    flyingfox12 and Sully like this.

AVF Regular
    Ok so here goes some odd thinking, see if one could source a pollie who smokes, thatll be interesting to find, get them on vaping?
    Odd thought I know
    One failed lab experiment away from obtaining superpowers

https://media.tenor.co/images/860c5d...011a/tenor.gif

AVF Regular
    there was only ever 3 ways to go about this
    Via health department
    Via politicians
    Via the citizens

They spat on the health department face by trying to bullrush them with the TGA, in fact talking to someone in anti smoke division they hate NNA so much they would reject out of spite.
    No politician will touch it, cause they wont be associated with the crackpots in the sex party.
    The citizens is the only real choice left but NNA's mantra of ignore anything that dosent make them look good, has placed them into a corner.

Ive said it for 3 years now NNA needs to stop hiring crackpots, nutjobs, bleeding hearts and idiots.
    Hire a tactician
    gert, essiemessy, 1ynne and 2 others like this.

lmb
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    Ive said it for 3 years now NNA needs to stop hiring crackpots, nutjobs, bleeding hearts and idiots.
    Doesn't that cover the entire executive team at NNA?
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    Hire a tactician
    That would make sense.

Unfortunately those who consider themselves 'liberal' (not the political party) also tend to go a tad too far to the left and forget about the real goal, looking at all the other stuff along the way that perhaps does need addressing, but usually only adds distraction.

Work out the goal, do everything to get there and ignore everything else along the way. Pretty simple really.

If only we could all manage such a simple thing, but most of us get distracted by other things along the way, so while I can preach it, I can't say I live it...

(Also 'maybe' makes me less of a single minded prick though. I might still be one, but I am not single minded...)

Stu.
    flyingfox12 likes this.

AVF Regular
    https://www.tga.gov.au/book-page/21-nicotine

The committee advised that the current scheduling of nicotine remains appropriate.

The matters under subsection 52E (1) of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 considered relevant by the Committee included: a) the risks and benefits of the use of a substance; b) the purposes for which a substance is to be used and the extent of use of a substance; c) the toxicity of a substance; d) the dosage, formulation, labelling, packaging and presentation of a substance; e) the potential for abuse of a substance; f) any other matters that the Secretary considers necessary to protect the public health.

The reasons for the advice comprised the following:

There is a risk of nicotine dependence associated with use of Electronic Nicotine Delivery System (ENDS). The potential for nicotine dependence is much higher with third generation ENDS and is greater than with the nicotine replacement therapy products marketed in Australia. In countries such as the USA where there has been more ready access to ENDS there is some evidence that ENDS use in never-smoking youth may increase the risk of subsequent initiation of cigarettes and other combustible products during the transition to adulthood when the purchase of tobacco products becomes legal. There is some dual use of conventional cigarettes and ENDS in smokers. There is a risk that ENDS will have a negative impact on tobacco control and may re-normalise smoking. If exempt from Schedule 7, availability of ENDS in children may cause an increase in smoking as they transition to adulthood, which raises public health concerns.

There is little evidence regarding the safety of long term nicotine exposure via ENDS. Exposure to nicotine in adolescents may have long-term consequences for brain development, potentially leading to learning and anxiety disorders. The toxicity of long term exposure to nicotine delivered by ENDS is unknown. Long-term exposure to excipients via the ENDS route of exposure is uncertain.

Nicotine can cause nausea, vomiting, convulsions, bronchorrhoea, high blood pressure, ataxia, tachycardia, headache, dizziness, confusion, agitation, restlessness, neuromuscular blockade, respiratory failure and death in overdose.
    The proposed maximum amount of 900 mg of nicotine per pack is within the estimated lower limit causing fatal outcome (500 mg to 1g). There have been reports of unintentional ingestion of ENDS liquid by children with severe outcomes in some cases. The proposed maximum concentration of 36 mg of nicotine per mL is high (the EU Tobacco Product Directive specifies a maximum concentration of 20 mg/mL). The amount of nicotine in 5 mL of a 3.6% solution in ENDS is 180 mg, which would likely cause significant toxicity in a young child (5 mL would be one swallow for a toddler). Child-resistant packaging would reduce the risk of unintentional exposure to the solution in children.

ENDS is used for Tobacco Harm Reduction, assistance with cessation of smoking and for recreational use. Public health authorities have varying views about the benefits of ENDS to tobacco harm reduction and as an aid in smoking cessation. Currently about 9% of current smokers and recent quitters in Australia use ENDS. Excepting nicotine from Schedule 7 would likely result in increased nicotine exposure via ENDS (based on countries such as the UK and USA where these products are more widely available, and the increase in Australia in recent years). In the UK 19% of smokers and 8% of ex-smokers currently use ENDS.

The use of a label warning statement 'not to be sold to a person under the age of 18 years' is not likely to be effective unless there is enforcement of this requirement. There is a risk there will be inappropriate marketing and advertising of nicotine for use with ENDS if nicotine for use with ENDS is exempted from Schedule 7.

AVF Regular
    What a crock. Sorry, I can't hear you while my head is jammed so far up my own arse.
    flyingfox12 and fridgemagnet like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast