Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Its official: Provape have now shutdown

AVF Regular

Its official: Provape have now shutdown

ProVape Closed

ProVape is closed.

Due to upcoming FDA regulations and restrictions, we have made the decision to cease production and close operations.

We want to send out a HUGE Thank You to all of our customers, dealers and vendors around the world for your support and for sharing your stories and photos with us over the years.

This has really been an amazing experience and we were privileged to have you as our customer. It's been humbling to hear all the success stories and we are truly blessed to be a part of your lives. Thank you!
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 10-02-17 at 06:03 PM.

AVF Regular
    I'm not sure what to make of this.

If a company really wanted to stay alive, couldn't they have migrated, or sold to, or outsourced its production to Europe?

The FDA regulations are still about 2 years away with the recent extension, and there are two major court cases, plus potential congressional actions to come. Why are they shutting up their shop so early?

I don't mean to sound harsh, Provaris were by far the most reliant and safest mods on the market. They revolutionized the ecig industry during the turn of the decade.

But is it possible that their $300 usb-less tube mods were simply not competing with the $45 china box mods?

This is big news in my opinion. I'll be looking out for what people like PBusardo, Dimitri, Greg Conley, and Click Bang say about it.
    steve.c and Danny76 like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Yes with the market flooded with cheap Chinese crap it is a recipe for disaster with the high end producers trying to compete.
    It's only a matter of time before everyone gets sick of having problems with the cheap inferior junk though so hopefully we will see the emergence of some quality vape hardware manufacturers. Ideally there will be enough of the middle to high quality players to keep them competitive and producing good gear for us at a reasonable price. We don't need manufacturers with monopolies demanding exorbitant prices playing on fear raking in big bucks.
    ybnice and Danny76 like this.
    emu's pre-loved mowers.com

AVF Regular
    It is sad but comes as no surprise to this Provari Fan Girl.
    I am relieved they have finally done a public announcement - Also glad they shut down rather than do any compromises of their Standards.

RIP Provape and now my mourning begins.
    Danny76 likes this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Well that sucks but IMO I suspect their sales were drooping so they decide to bow out rater than spend the millions required to stay in business.
    As far as high end producers. There will always be a market for something not made in China.

I for one will never knowingly buy anything Vapeing related that originates from China. Even my batteries are Japanese made.
    AllyP, Danny76 and Yuz like this.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

Yuz
    Disappointing - as others said they could've moved the production to Europe or Mexico or Asia. Better yet, Downunder
    steve.c likes this.

AVF Regular
    RIP Provape - glad I got the Celtic today
    iamtezr and Danny76 like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

Cat
    AVF Regular
    Condolences Ally
    AllyP likes this.
    Be Realistic. Plan for a Miracle.

Quit smoking 22 Sep 16

AVF Regular
    Very disappointing..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
    Well that sucks but IMO I suspect their sales were drooping so they decide to bow out rater than spend the millions required to stay in business.
    As far as high end producers. There will always be a market for something not made in China.

I for one will never knowingly buy anything Vapeing related that originates from China. Even my batteries are Japanese made.
    Happy Birthday, for yesterday, Peter. Sorry I didn't make it down, I was too busy eating all your cake. It was delicious.
    Duke916, sc_rufctr and AllyP like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast