Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree252Likes

Thread: Australia's looming e-cigarette ban robs smokers of a chance to quit

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Glad to see some respected people respond to the interim decision.
    I respect everyone willing to step up and do something rather than just typing up suggestions & criticisms on FB and Forums.
    Many many people are working hard on this and I for one appreciate it.
    I expect to get slammed but hey - we are all entitled to our opinion.
    Will just leave this here and crawl back under the table for safety .................
    flyingfox12 likes this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal plus some made in china gear to keep the balance

Ciggie free since April 2014

CMB
    AVF Regular
    As long as they step up and not make complete twats out of themselves or advocate on behalf of the rest of vapers for stuff the majority don't want then yep good on em.

AVF Regular
    The document by Clive Bates if anyone's interested

http://www.clivebates.com/documents/TGASubmission2.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cat likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ywfbi View Post
    NIC will always be available. Our largest issue is it could be pushed so far underground that you'll end up at your local dealer who will ask "Whata ya want, Ice, crack, heroin, weed or nicotine?" Before the regulatory asshats finally get thier a into g and allow BT to sell it for $20/ml at the local servo in super weak cigalikes that don't bloody work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    ROFL at this, actually never laughed so hard. You certainly got that right. The asshats are definitely as you said I could use stronger language to describe our legislators and the TGA, however, that language would not be allowed. As @rebelagainstthemachine has stated so well, we can all stock up against the vapocalipse, and I have done just that. LOL, over the years I have collected so many mods and learned how to make my own coils and lets face it, there are humongous youtube videos as to how to do that and its as easy as. PG and VG will always be available at chemists.

The only issue that concerns me is that 18650 good batteries are getting harder to get.

Has any one experimented with transformers that will power a mod in place of batteries? Yes, I realize that this will make mods less portable, but if vapocalipse hits the scene at least we will still be able to vape at home like some do with pass through mods.
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    I respect everyone willing to step up and do something rather than just typing up suggestions & criticisms on FB and Forums.
    Many many people are working hard on this and I for one appreciate it.
    Will just leave this here and crawl back under the table for safety .................
    Why would you get slammed for this @AllyP; what you have said makes a lot of sense. Many activists are busy doing just this in their own way and I only wish more activists would band together in all states and hit the asshats hard. The New NNA gave it their best shot and they have maybe lost the battle but the war is not over yet. Its not totally over yet. So do not despair I certainly have not tossed in the towel yet. I do not think I ever will even if vaping has to go underground.
    Last edited by flyingfox12; 19-02-17 at 12:50 PM. Reason: typo
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    As long as they step up and not make complete twats out of themselves or advocate on behalf of the rest of vapers for stuff the majority don't want then yep good on em.

^^This^^

(FFS 10char)
    flyingfox12 likes this.
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?
    If most of the vaping community is ignored- who do the NNA AU really represent?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    Perhaps leaving this part out of your post would have been more advisable. To some, it will be considered as the first volley, albeit in a subtle manner. It may of course not be intentional, (as I'm sure it isn't), but I know I'm hoping this thread will now not turn into an NNA for or against debate/train wreck.

PS. That's a not very subtle hint for others not to kick off.

PPS. To add my opinion, my feelings towards vaping advocates is similar to how I feel about Jehovah's Witnesses. I may not agree with everything they are about, but I respect the fact that they are out there trying to achieve something positive. And therefore, always try to treat them with courtesy.
    Last edited by giruvian; 19-02-17 at 01:43 PM.
    AllyP likes this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by spencerhastin View Post
    or sitting in a bathtub full of causes of eating ice cream.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    Perhaps leaving this part out of your post would have been more advisable. To some, it will be considered as the first volley, albeit in a subtle manner? It may of course not be intentional, (as I'm sure it isn't), but I know I'm hoping this thread will now not turn into an NNA for or against debate/train wreck.

PS. That's a not very subtle hint for others not to kick off.

But but ..

Awwweee ... So not fair! ... *kicks a stone and wanders off to the rest of the internet ....
    Last edited by giruvian; 19-02-17 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Edited my quote to match edited post
    giruvian, mallee00, emu and 1 others like this.
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?
    If most of the vaping community is ignored- who do the NNA AU really represent?

emu
    AVF Regular
    I love vaping, I hate politics.

Why is it my loves are so intertwined with my hates ? I hate that.
    flyingfox12 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    I love vaping, I hate politics.

Why is it my loves are so intertwined with my hates ? I hate that.
    You mean you love to hate it? :-D
    giruvian, emu and flyingfox12 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast