AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Final TGA decision on Nicotine

The TGA has handed down it's final decision regarding the use of Nicotine in e-cigarettes. Bunch of wankers

https://ajp.com.au/news/final-tga-de...ping-nicotine/

https://www.tga.gov.au/book-page/21-nicotine-0

"The TGA received 71 public submissions on the matter, of which, 54 supported and 17 opposed the proposal.

The TGA’s reasons for its decision included:

Potential risk of nicotine dependence associated with the use of e-cigarettes.
    Lack of evidence regarding the long-term safety of nicotine exposure using the devices.
    Nicotine can cause nausea, vomiting, convulsions, bronchorrhoea, high blood pressure, ataxia, tachycardia, headache, dizziness, confusion, agitation, restlessness, neuromuscular blockade, respiratory failure and death in overdose.
    The proposed maximum amount of 900 mg of nicotine per pack is within the estimated lower limit causing fatal outcome (500 mg to 1g). There have been reports of unintentional ingestion of ENDS liquid by children with severe outcomes in some cases.
    Excepting nicotine from Schedule 7 would likely result in increased nicotine exposure via e-cigarettes.
    The use of a label warning statement ‘not to be sold to a person under the age of 18 years’ is not likely to be effective unless there is enforcement of this requirement. There is a risk there will be inappropriate marketing and advertising of nicotine for use with ENDS if nicotine for use with ENDS is exempted from Schedule 7." (ajp.com.au)

Super Moderator
    Discussed here mate: final decision from the TGA
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet