Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Yuz
  • 1 Post By Snidely_Whiplash

Thread: eBay - off chops

Yuz

eBay - off chops

Had my ebay listings removed (three days after listing) and this alert sent:

"Your listing has violated eBay's Tobacco Products Policy Some tobacco related products are not allowed even if the item does not contain any tobacco.Because of various legal restriction, cigarettes, e-cigarettes and it's componinents, cigars, and smokeless tobacco products aren't allowed on eBay.Please do not relist the item."

Some tobacco related products are not allowed even if the item does not contain any tobacco

Yet pipes and bongs are sold no problem whatsoever? Insane.
    chris_vaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuz View Post

"Your listing has violated eBay's Tobacco Products Policy Some tobacco related products are not allowed even if the item does not contain any tobacco.Because of various legal restriction, cigarettes, e-cigarettes and it's componinents, cigars, and smokeless tobacco products aren't allowed on eBay.Please do not relist the item."

Some tobacco related products are not allowed even if the item does not contain any tobacco

I dont think there can be any rational explanation, it's ridiculous. Last time I looked ebay was selling Hookas and the equipment that goes with that.
    When you see a group puffing away on those things it looks a lot like smoking to me.

And yes there were Bongs everywhere on ebay the other day. {ps I wasnt a potential purchaser}

AVF Regular
    My eBay listing for coils were removed in November 2016, after running for about 3 months. Yes, it's ridiculous as there are listings there from overseas. Shame because eBay was generating majority of my coils sales back then.

AVF Regular
    I think whats behind a lot of the hysteria is the publics ridiculous fear and horror of Nicotine---it's been engineered by the prohibitionists to seem like certain death for anyone who gets a sniff. So everyone out there is brainwashed into thinking Nic is the Devil himself..when in truth regular lungfuls of Diesel off a busy road will produce more lung wreckage than smoking a carton of fags.{It's on the UN website, as a cause of Lung cancer,but no one talks about that.}
    So we now have a population who are going weak at the knees at the mention of Nicotine, and the Government is making it worse with all the banning. Why cant even the Politicians educate themselves.?
    Sorry for the rant..

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    What's going to happen to Sporty ???

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuz View Post

What makes this even more insane is vintage Tobacco Advertising, ash trays, lighters, Cigarette tins, etc are allowed to be sold on eBay. Last I checked these are all directly linked with Tobacco smoking...

Also Tobacco advertising has been outlawed since the mid 90s so wouldn't you think tobacco advertising would be banned too?

Yuz
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_vaper View Post
    What makes this even more insane is vintage Tobacco Advertising, ash trays, lighters, Cigarette tins, etc are allowed to be sold on eBay. Last I checked these are all directly linked with Tobacco smoking...
    Exactly... all I had listed were some RDA's, no juice.
    This is beyond any logic.

AVF Regular
    Sporty will be fine.. he just sells batteries and chargers and nothing much more .. how those batteries get used is up to the consumer

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    What's going to happen to Sporty ???
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs