Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Time to get the fingers tying

AVF Regular

Time to get the fingers tying

-not sure if already posted somewhere -

Ok so on wick and wires page they have put an email up for Greg hunt and basically they are asking to send an email about your story to see if we can be heard as to why liquid nicotine should be legalised here .

Greg.hunt.MP@aph.gov.au

I've sent one through in hopes others do so maybe one day we can walk into say sams smokes and get our chosen brand of Nic ! That'll be a dream but anyway no harm in trying right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Noe and AllyP like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by em2024 View Post
    I've sent one through in hopes others do so maybe one day we can walk into say sams smokes and get our chosen brand of Nic ! That'll be a dream but anyway no harm in trying right ?
    Sounds good in theory, but It will probably be 3 or 4 times cheaper just to have it shipped from overseas like we all do now.

AVF Regular
    Personally IMHO it is a waste of time, People have gone to a lot of trouble of writing letters at the time of the TGA submissions that were called for, and it got us nowhere. All we are doing is stirring the pot and drawing more attention to ourselves. The only people in reality that will benefit from legalized sale of nicotine e-juice are the multi national manufacturers be they pharmaceutical companies or tobacco companies that will flood the market with their products and vapers will be "forced" to buy their stuff as it will be no doubt cheaper as a lot here now buy their vape gear from FT, Health Cabin, Gearbest etc., etc., Aussie vendors are left in the dark unless they can compete with multi nationals. I personally do not care if they approve it or not as I will continue to use HiLiq for my needs and until that is banned bugger the B.S.

AVF Regular

I get your point , seems other counties don't get issues like this ( that I've heard of ) but trust Australia government and what not to make it harder on us .. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try but ide just be happy to not have a risk of being charged for importing it into QLD to be honest .

gert, AllyP and flyingfox12 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by em2024 View Post
    I get your point , seems other counties don't get issues like this ( that I've heard of ) but trust Australia government and what not to make it harder on us .. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try but ide just be happy to not have a risk of being charged for importing it into QLD to be honest .

PMSL You can import it into QLD just watch out for the DOGS that use their B.S. Dob in a vaper nonsense. I know heaps of people that import Nic into Qld and that incudes public servants in pretty high up places in their piddly state government.

AVF Regular

Could happen though if they really wanted to check but it would be hard and I'm not exactly worried and will continue to get this households worth each month .

Think all my Nic has come as " dietary supplements" or " dietary additives " . I don't lose sleep over it that's for sure lol

AllyP and flyingfox12 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    ..it is a waste of time, People have gone to a lot of trouble of writing letters at the time of the TGA submissions that were called for, and it got us nowhere. ..
    It got us local & international coverage and commentary condemning the decision & it got us a variety of politicians also condemning the decision.

But pollies were saying 'first ask the TGA'. OK, we've done that. Time for new approaches.

The pollies can steam-roll the TGA. At least one them (Senator David Leyonhjelm) has already proposed legislation to do just that.
    Noe, gert, Cath Mort and 4 others like this.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Regular
    Despite any publicity- The TGA was a narrow miss and a bad decision that could have seen vaping medicalized for vapers-and could have seen many vapers and vendors screwed had it of gone through

Interestingly if a survey were done I doubt that the results would say that most vapers would know the reasons why the NNA AU TGA thing was persued in the first place- other than the leader is an ex medical sales person- The overall vaping community was never really spoken to about any of it and the NNA AU were never made accountable for the TGA direction

it was a decision that was pursued without permission or knowledge of vapers (including the NNA AUs own members) so had nothing to do with the majority of vapers or the direction that many thought vaping should go in

It was these kinds of things that have cost the vaping advocacy community dearly in terms of support from the vapers themselves

Its kinda sad when you think about it - that so many are being pushed to sell out their own over all values to support members of the Institute of public affairs like David - whos only goal is to push the corporate agenda in Australia including the pharma and BT agenda (which could also cost vaping overall)

If only there were a group that existed in the vaping/snus community that was inclusive rather than exclusive and had the skill to unite the vaping community rather than further fragment it - maybe even learn something from the snus experience-

maybe then generalized rather than medicalized positive publicity could be generated and more efficiently without having sell out on the table

Vaping at any cost? Nah .. no thanks...

Oh well....

Looks at nic stocks in freezer... *my precious.....
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 01-04-17 at 07:10 AM.
    gert, gtadmin, Cath Mort and 1 others like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    .. a bad decision that could have seen vaping medicalized for vapers..
    That could only have come to pass if the submissions suggesting medicalisation were very compelling. As far as I know, there were not only none that suggested medicalisation that were compelling, there were simply none that suggested medicalisation.

(To the best of my knowledge) All the 'anti' submissions were simply 'keep it illegal' - given the avenues for any manufacturer or vendor to make an application to the TGA to have a device/e-liquid approved as a smoking cessation therapy has always been on the table, and still is.

Interestingly if a survey were done I doubt that the results would say that most vapers would know the reasons why the NNA AU TGA thing was persued in the first place- other than the leader is an ex medical sales person- The overall vaping community was never really spoken to about any of it and the NNA AU were never made accountable for the TGA direction

it was a decision that was pursued without permission or knowledge of vapers (including the NNA AUs own members) so had nothing to do with the majority of vapers or the direction that many thought vaping should go in
    My own submission did not agree entirely with the NNA-AU's submission. In fact, beyond knowing the target level they were aiming for, and agreeing with that, I made a point not to pay any attention whatsoever to further discussions about it (including what other individuals were talking about including in their submissions). I had my own thoughts & ideas, and expressed those.

What did your submission suggest?

And to any that would b1tch and moan about what someone else suggested to the TGA, I'll point out that it was an inquiry open to anyone, that was mentioned here at least two months before the submissions closed. If you did not make a submission, don't expect me to commiserate.

Also, a message for anyone reading this. Please do not be confused by my sig which contains an image plugging the NNA AU. I'm a member, and have contributed financially (+ I 'helped' on the ticker - mostly by prodding the two people who actually did the work), but have no special say over what the NNA AU does, nor am I a spokesperson for them. The things they want to communicate officially can be read on their site, twitter feed, and FB page.

And to them that think the the TGA should never have been approached in the "don't poke the bear" philosophy. Complete ban on sales in WA, inclusion in smoke free laws in Victoria, dob in line in Queensland..

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Regular

Looks at nic stocks in freezer... *my precious.....
    I'm maybe still tired but I cracked up at this bit , just finished watching the hobbits and lord of the rings over the past week I think that's how I feel about our freezer stock right now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast