Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree428Likes

Thread: TGA Regulating Eliquid?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    I have stayed out of this until Chris had his say , and its a fair enough say too ... of course there are chinese whispers as there will always be when someone says " we are working behind closed doors to ensure a positive outcome for the industry" and of course the average punter is smart enough to realise that statement applies solely from a SALES and business point, and that any byproduct positive that flows on to the average vaper will be exactly that , a by product .

I see many different aspects in vaping and each different one is "behind closed doors" doing whatever it is they are doing for whatever reason they are doing it.

The problem is for most vapers , vaping has been a community driven technology and now the advocates and the business's are claiming it as their own and basically deciding the community gets no say .

I think this is the crux of everything wrong with vaping in Australia... too many people come in late to the game and are trying to decide the future for everyone else , when the whole industry arose from a community base and up until recently 99% of innovation came from that community itself.

There is probably not ONE vendor or advocate who didn't come from a community like AVF , or a group of mates who started vaping and found the internet world wide community of vaping..., and that is forgotten in the rush to make a buck or make a name for yourself "saving" others .

Advocates want vaping to be what gives them the biggest chest puffing or trip overseas , Vendors want it to be what gives them the biggest profit and security ... the average vaper just wants it all to be left alone and be able to choose their own future as they have done since vaping began . And yep I get to say that because I was there when it all began pretty much and have walked the entire road, not just part of it.

I don't have the answer , if I did I would be the much hailed for Vaping Saviour ... but I do know all this closed door "shyte" and steering for personal profit or ambitional gain is only dividing the community and encouraging the sniping and chinese whispering .. and none of it is IMO for altruistic gains . How naive am I , thinking in this day and age something like that might still exist.

Hey I am a dinosaur remember ... I think vaping is one of the greatest innovations for harm reduction for smoking ... But it DOESNT belong to A group, instead all of us have an investment in it ... but that gets forgotten because thats not how the world works anymore

I am tired .... very tired ...
    Its so interesting that another Vaping group has emerged working behind closed doors - only this time its the vendors, I know of this group and wish them well - however some members of it have been very outspoken about other advocacy groups and their lack of upfrontness and transparency, yet here they are with their own secret squirrel business.
    Its clearly a impossible task to find unity within the Vaping community as has been demonstrated over and over again.

"Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.”
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal plus some made in china gear to keep the balance

AVF Regular
    Leeches just want more money.

Vendors losing money over their $15 industry standard 30ml doublers due to facebook sellers who charge a lot less.
    Vendors brainstorm an idea to lock out independent sellers by making up bullshit standards testing the small sellers cannot afford.

I never bought anything from FV as the guy came across as a smug little prick wanting to make a quick buck.
    bendover likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshness Vapes View Post
    1. There is testing available for E-Liquids in Australia! However we don’t know 100% if it is through the TGA directly OR if it is through a TGA accredited & approved Lab. We are still finding out details on this.

2. When we do get our testing done, we have NO intentions of putting what some say a “TGA approved label” on our bottles.
    My apologies for making this assumption.

3. We will NOT be using this testing as a marketing hype!
    I think you should reconsider this. Publishing the test results for your ejuices the same way flavour companies such as Capella and FlavorArt do appeals to customers like myself. I respect this kind of transparency.

If there is compulsory testing in place in the future (at a reasonable cost), if they imply a minimum level of hygiene, safety, bottling facility (IE clean room) standards for the future, myself I personally 100% support it as this not only means its finally a good step forward for this industry, it will clean up many bath tub makers and also clean up the industry very quickly.
    This seems reasonable to me, as long as the barrier to market isnt raised to the point that it cuts many out, including current vendors who have served the community well for many years. This is what is being pushed by certain large companies via the 2016-2018 FDA deeming regulations in the US, and is apparently the reason for veteran companies such as Provape to shut their doors. I don't want to see that happen here in Australia.

Freshness Vapes is currently a member of a group which has many vendors in Australia (including the biggest vendors and E-Liquid manufacturers in this country).
    I think this is what most people here are interested in knowing more about.

Who is this group?
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 21-04-17 at 09:32 PM.
    AllyP and Freshness Vapes like this.

AVF Regular
    Maybe if groups dispensed with the secrecy and actually considered opinions that are not their own it might be a start to unity rather than further splits? - Just a thought?

Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    Its clearly a impossible task to find unity within the Vaping community as has been demonstrated over and over again.
    FXVaper likes this.
    How can the NNA AU claim to represent vapers if they don't bother to talk to all of them?
    If they dont talk and listen to the whole vaping community, how can they know what vapers want or need?
    If most of the vaping community is ignored- who do the NNA AU really represent?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Who is this group?
    Bilderberger group, V1 clone.
    Nothingexpert and FXVaper like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Yet again in this thread and in the VG thread
    Anything that is said that isn't towing their line gets a snide insulting pseudo answer

Im actually tired of vaping really
    Between all the you must support this that and the other and all the industry this is what's happening but we won't tell you what it is rubbish, it's almost as though smoking may just be the easier option

Vaping is no longer a community driven thing but a business driven thing, I can accept that everyone wants to make something in life but and maybe I'm being ideological about things why does it have to be sneaky behind closed doors backstabbing
    The idealistic view of vaping is such a good thing
    The reality however is far from it.

I'm done with it all really.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Leeches just want more money.

$15 industry standard 30ml
    $15 buys you 15mL of FV doubler.
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 21-04-17 at 10:20 PM.
    Stomp and Freshness Vapes like this.

Super Moderator
    I think the moral of the story here is wait until you have all your ducks in a row before dropping a bombshell, so you are in the position to answer questions openly and honestly about said bombshell.

Also - members have nothing to lose by their behaviour. A vendor that lowers their dignity risks losing potential current or future customers.

Just an observation after reading this thread.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    And there I was thinking you would be my first customer Ingrid
    giruvian, gtadmin, AllyP and 1 others like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    You are so wise Ingy, now that you're older.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast