Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree429Likes

Thread: TGA Regulating Eliquid?

CMB
    AVF Regular

TGA Regulating Eliquid?

So according to one of our Aussie Vendors, the TGA will soon be regulating eliquid.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshness Vapes View Post
    once we do our re-arranging we will be pursuing to get our new and improved clean room ISO certified in the future and we intend on getting all of our E-Liquids tested with the TGA.
    This got me a little curious so I asked a couple of questions.

We never said we would be sponsoring an application to have zero nic registered as a therapeutic product, (thanks for the laugh though)

we are going to be testing for DIACETYL, ACETOIN, ACETYL, PROPIONYL to ensure and certify that they are within the limits that the TGA has in place... (not mandatory for E-Liquids but its another benefit for our customers)

Cheers
    Then this when asked for some more clarification

Fair enough, I just get the vibe of hostility (could be the orders rolling in atm)

Well their are certain things going on behind the scenes but this is between vendors who have a financial risk/commitment involved hence why not everything is so public... , some vendors have already done the testing... their results??? I dont know...

Its not mandatory for testing and I would say that allot of facebook and new business juice makers dont know half of whats going on in the vaping industry..... but I would say soon enough it will start to pop up slowly slowly

my sale could perhaps be a clue as to where NSW may be heading... again see my last line was speculation....

Anyways, we just want to offer the best E-Liquids and customer service for our customers, end of story...

If it is not mandatory testing, why would the TGA be involved at all?

So what is going on here, can any other vendors elaborate without speculating? Has the TGA been provoked into looking into components of no-nic eliquid after the failed application to have nicotine eliquid rescheduled?

AVF Regular
    my sale could perhaps be a clue as to where NSW may be heading... again see my last line was speculation....
    oh... the NSW arm of the [federal] TGA? ... gotta watch those ones
    Noe, CMB, Tash and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Last line was speculation remember which could be code word for no fcuking clue and cashing in on something that is a quick buck to be made
    Noe, floorzone2, CMB and 3 others like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    As e-liquid is not an approved smoking cessation product and is in fact totally opposed by the TGA, so it would not even be covered by the TGA charter. There is no point testing e-liquid as such, you would have to test each concentrate separately to identify any harmful ingredient.

AVF Regular
    And then it would need a advice to be inhaled in
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Fishy...

we are going to be testing for DIACETYL, ACETOIN, ACETYL, PROPIONYL to ensure and certify that they are within the limits that the TGA has in place... (not mandatory for E-Liquids but its another benefit for our customers)
    The TGA doesn't have any standards for inhalation of these flavourings as far as I am aware.

Sounds like solving a problem that doesn't exist. Clean room, yes. Testing, sure. Bringing the TGA into it doesn't seem to make any sense right now.
    Noe, gtadmin, CMB and 3 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Might be something to do with this?

http://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wc...f0ff5fa07ddff7

ETA: Another State about to make life difficult for vapers and vendors alike.

ETA2: Perhaps they're planning on selling their stuff overseas, in which case they've got the wrong "administration", or they're jumping the gun and believing that FDA rules (minus nic) are on the horizon here.
    Last edited by FXVaper; 18-04-17 at 01:26 AM.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    You can file this under "using fancy words that I've seen other people using".
    Nothingexpert, CMB, Fatman and 2 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Either pure marketing ... or there is an illuminati of vendors about to stitch up vaping for their "empty" pockets ( how empty can selling a product with a 20,000% mark up make your pockets? )
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Either pure marketing ... or there is an illuminati of vendors about to stitch up vaping for their "empty" pockets ( how empty can selling a product with a 20,000% mark up make your pockets? )
    Pretty empty if it's arse...
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast