Page 100 of 105 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1045
Like Tree1895Likes

Thread: Random News ... etc etc etc...

  1. #991
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    5,911
    Not much - just three these really

    Ballarat Community Health’s Brett Valance
    Quit treatment focus in Ballarat for World No Tobacco Day

    https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/...o-tobacco-day/


    Up to 3% of Kuwaiti students vape

    Kuwait: Up to 3% of Kuwaiti students vape




    off topic
    Complex price relationships influence nicotine product purchases
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-...e-product.html






    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland






    Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs











  2. #992
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Goulburn Valley
    Posts
    844

  3. #993
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Marrickville NSW
    Posts
    2,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Why make speed illegal in the first place?



    ...
    ...

  4. #994
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Goulburn Valley
    Posts
    844
    It's only illegal when it isn't supplied by BP.
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    Why make speed illegal in the first place?



    ...
    ...
    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

  5. #995
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    5,911
    Another quiet news morning


    AU
    2gb
    Ben Fordham takes AMA President to task over vaping gridlock
    https://www.2gb.com/ben-fordham-take...ping-gridlock/





    UK conversation
    Juul: Why a trendy e-cig is causing a social – and public health – commotion
    https://theconversation.com/juul-why-a-trendy-e-cig-is-causing-a-social-and-public-health-commotion-90985



    US
    Manhattan Institute E21
    E-Cigarettes Reduce Adult Smoking

    https://economics21.org/html/e-cigar...king-3146.html



    Time magazine
    Here's What Scientists Do—And Don't—Know About E-Cigarettes
    http://time.com/5290019/e-cigarettes-research/




    UK
    BITTER TASTE Campaigners call for all e-cigarette flavours to be BANNED immediately to protect kids
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/641315...-protect-kids/


    India

    Make e-cigarettes available to fight tobacco cancer: Experts
    https://www.deccanherald.com/nationa...ts-672594.html








    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland






    Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs











  6. #996
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    N/E Vic
    Posts
    2,030
    ABC News tonight had the big boss of one of the two big supermarkets state that they won't be getting any more plastic straws in stock because of the environmental damage the plastic pollution creates. Then, added after the current stock is sold.........
    I for one, am so glad that they care so damn much that they have to wait for a bit more of the thing they have banned to be sold for the sake of the shareholders....(sarcasm)...I think they are missing the point in publicising the ban so heavily, then selling the rest anyway........
    What ever happened to paper straws and paper bags anyway? F'me!
    More irrelevant than yesterday

    Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!

  7. #997
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    5,911
    Australia has the highest priced cigarettes in the world, so why aren't people quitting?

    https://au.news.yahoo.com/australia-highest-priced-cigarettes-world-arent-people-quitting-012023457.html




    AU and US
    DOCTORS TOLD HOW NICOTINE AFFECTS THE BRAIN ” THE CHRONICLE OF WORLD EVENTS
    https://sivtimes.com/doctors-told-ho...-events/36675/




    Israel
    Health Ministry temporarily bans sale of Juul e-cigarettes
    https://www.israelnationalnews.com/N...ws.aspx/246905



    Study (I will wait for the usual rebuttal on this)
    E-Cigarettes Linked to Development of COPD
    E-Cigarettes Linked to Development of COPD



    China
    5 arrested for illegal electronic cigarette trade
    https://www.shine.cn/news/metro/1805305479/




    Whadabouthechillns? US
    Respiratory health advocacy group warns about electronic cigarette use in youth
    Respiratory health advocacy group warns about electronic cigarette use in youth - Xinhua | English.news.cn



    UK
    Train guard punched and strangled for telling man to stop smoking e-cigarette
    Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/03/train...3/?ito=cbshare






    Just wondering how many will end up in jail or worse worldwide over vaping and other similar products? Chimply and others like him must be playing with themselves by now ...







    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland






    Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs











  8. #998
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    N/E Vic
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    ]
    Just wondering how many will end up in jail or worse worldwide over vaping and other similar products? Chimply and others like him must be playing with themselves by now ...
    You mean he had stopped at some point? The bloke needs boxing gloves for sooooo many applications....
    More irrelevant than yesterday

    Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!

  9. #999
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    ABC News tonight had the big boss of one of the two big supermarkets state that they won't be getting any more plastic straws in stock because of the environmental damage the plastic pollution creates. Then, added after the current stock is sold.........
    I for one, am so glad that they care so damn much that they have to wait for a bit more of the thing they have banned to be sold for the sake of the shareholders....(sarcasm)...I think they are missing the point in publicising the ban so heavily, then selling the rest anyway........
    What ever happened to paper straws and paper bags anyway? F'me!
    Nah, I agree plastic straws need to go, but I don't know if paper ones will be durable enough for some purposes. Stainless steel is where it's at - check this sucker (pun intended) out!

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ble-reusable-s

    I won't be spending $20 on a straw, mind you... But it's only a matter of time before the knock-offs start appearing on AliExpress, etc. for a fraction of the price, & then I may grab one. LOL

    **NOTE: My location is Surfers Paradise, QLD.

    I'd add it to my profile, but Gmail keeps eating my password reset emails, so I can't login via PC, however I'm logged in via the phone app... so this will have to suffice for now!**
    DocM likes this.

  10. #1000
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    N/E Vic
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by LustStarrr View Post
    Nah, I agree plastic straws need to go, but I don't know if paper ones will be durable enough for some purposes. Stainless steel is where it's at - check this sucker (pun intended) out!

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ble-reusable-s

    I won't be spending $20 on a straw, mind you... But it's only a matter of time before the knock-offs start appearing on AliExpress, etc. for a fraction of the price, & then I may grab one. LOL

    **NOTE: My location is Surfers Paradise, QLD.

    I'd add it to my profile, but Gmail keeps eating my password reset emails, so I can't login via PC, however I'm logged in via the phone app... so this will have to suffice for now!**
    That would put the price of 'fruit boxes' way out of reach LS. No dramas getting the straw into the box with a bit of SS. Make an awesome peashooter for school too! Hand/eye/gob coordination on the P/E curriculum. That brings a nice segue into how environmentally friendly are those sugar loaded fruit box containers. Foil & plastic and they seem to hang around for yonks as well.......
    The paper straws were all we had when I was a kid. And paper bags for your 2 cents worth of mixed lollies, the bag being chockers.........
    Last edited by DocM; 05-06-18 at 02:30 PM.
    LustStarrr likes this.
    More irrelevant than yesterday

    Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 01:03 AM.