Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree990Likes

Thread: Random News ... etc etc etc...

AVF Regular
    Phillip morris is investing alot in the IQOS overseas with new shops marketing it and with them applying for harm reduction status through the FDA so possibly...

as for 20mg - welp aim low and you get lower

Now if this amendment passes back and forth with success and assuming that HF, CC, Doctors association dont kick up too much of a stink (which they generally wont if their official stance is to accept vaping if going through the TGA/medical)....

all that will be needed to be done is to close any loopholes for importing higher so that people dont hurt themselves and the stage is set for 'harm reduction' in Australia- a good argument to help closing the loophole would be - (but vaping is accepted through the TGA, even though we dont know how safe vaping is...why would we need higher?)

Excellent!

Who says the democratic process does not work and that people dont have a say!
    gtadmin, Christian R and Wombats1 like this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Phillip morris is investing alot in the IQOS overseas with new shops marketing it and with them applying for harm reduction status through the FDA so possibly...

as for 20mg - welp aim low and you get lower

Now if this amendment passes back and forth with success and assuming that HF, CC, Doctors association dont kick up too much of a stink (which they generally wont if their official stance is to accept vaping if going through the TGA/medical)....

all that will be needed to be done is to close any loopholes for importing higher so that people dont hurt themselves and the stage is set for 'harm reduction' in Australia- a good argument to help closing the loophole would be - (but vaping is accepted through the TGA, even though we dont know how safe vaping is...why would we need higher?)

Excellent!

Who says the democratic process does not work and that people dont have a say!
    I understand your fears, but it doesn't look like that is the end of it. The S13 thing looks interesting. Get stuff on the store shelves and there'll be no stopping vaping.

It's a fact that no e-cig regulation that has been introduced anywhere in the world is exactly what vapers want. I'm not saying we should just accept that's the end of the line, but I am saying we should accept that it's not the end of the battle.

If they allow iQos under the auspices of harm reduction, then they will have to allow Snus as well. Wouldn't that be a good thing?
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    If they allow iQos under the auspices of harm reduction, then they will have to allow Snus as well. Wouldn't that be a good thing?
    I dont think the Govt has ever Had to allow anything ever ... and I am pretty sure if "Harm Reduction" was the major player we all wish it was then Snus would never have been taken off the table in the first place ... you are speaking far too much common sense and wishful logic for the Govt to ever back it up with compliance
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Im not worried - am stocked up so have no fears

Nicobate does not go above 6mg I think and really has not moved for years

As for getting higher eliquid - well once it is introduced on chemist shelves and then perhaps supermarket shelves - 20 mg like the 6mg for nicobate will simply become the norm (question is will it start as prescription or not nicopharm is a big voice in this atm) -

Low level vapers who were once 'activists' will lose interest cause any changes won affect them and generally any current push for change will die down on the basis that vaping 'is legal'

As for IQOS opening floodgates for snus - well I doubt that - recently American blackfire and fire burnt chewing tobacco had come under fire by the FDA - it appears that the the TNSA levels had been measured against swedish snus who had already applied for harm reduction

The FDA are asking that TNSA levels drop in chewing tobacco from what they are to the levels of of around what swedish snus is - meaning that it appears that Swedish snus is already being used as a benchmark for harm reduction levels in tobacco products

So I doubt that IQOS on its own will have very much impact on snus being acceptable or not

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I understand your fears, but it doesn't look like that is the end of it. The S13 thing looks interesting. Get stuff on the store shelves and there'll be no stopping vaping.

It's a fact that no e-cig regulation that has been introduced anywhere in the world is exactly what vapers want. I'm not saying we should just accept that's the end of the line, but I am saying we should accept that it's not the end of the battle.

Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 27-04-17 at 12:28 PM.
    Wombats1 likes this.

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    **puts on pollyanna cap and scarf and goes for a walk (in the cold wet world) ... singing**

and I will sing it ALL day now !

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Stanton Glantz – Expert, or Extremist?
    Stanton Glantz – Expert, or Extremist? | Vaping Post

Proper regulation of e-cigs seen to prevent sickness, deaths
    Read more: Proper regulation of e-cigs seen to prevent sickness, deaths | Inquirer News

Vape Batteries and eCigs Exploding – Oh My

Vape Batteries and eCigs Exploding - Oh My - Smoker's Logic eCigs

Australia - off topic
    Crime gangs coaxing farmers into growing illegal tobacco: ATO

Illegal tobacco scourge | The Land
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 29-04-17 at 11:02 PM.
    gert, gtadmin, Cath Mort and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Question,

How many mods r out there with child proof fire buttons?

Most juice comes in childproof bottles and mods generally have the ability to lock the up down buttons but not the fire button.

Doing anything with the schedules could be moot if regulation commences as most mods I have seen will be unacceptable due to this one simple fact.

Pls edumacate me if this observation is off the mark
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    Stanton Glantz – Expert, or Extremist?

The study that really pushed Glantz to prominence was the so-called “Helena miracle”. .......While the smoking ban was in place, heart attacks in Helena had fallen sharply by a massive 60%. When the ban was suspended they returned to their previous level. By the time they released an academic paper the figures had been revised down, to a 40% reduction in heart attacks, but it was still impressive.

All around the world, campaigners seized on this evidence to support smoking bans – and why not? This was dramatic evidence in favour of smokefree regulations, showing that they could save millions of lives.

However, before long some doubts began to surface. Various medical organisations had tried to put a number on the percentage of heart attacks caused by secondhand smoke, and they’d come up with numbers that ranged from 20% all the way down to zero. Nobody was claiming that it caused 40% of heart attacks, never mind 60% – especially when the law had only eliminated exposure to smoke in public places, not in the home. As scepticism grew other researchers started to look at the data. What they found blew a huge hole in Glantz’s scientific credibility.

Firstly, the numbers of heart attacks in the study were tiny. There had been an average of seven a month before and after the ban, and four a month while it was in place. In other words, recommendations for global health policies were being based on just eighteen heart attacks that had supposedly been prevented.
    faaarken hell.

It's things like this that make me don't even.
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 30-04-17 at 11:54 AM.

AVF Regular
    things that make you go hmmm... in india
    Want to quit smoking? E-cigarettes could be one of your biggest allies | fitness | Hindustan Times

daily mail australia 5 days ago
    E-cigarettes do NOT cause cancer: Study reinforces vaping is safer than smoking tobacco

Read more: E-cigarettes do NOT cause cancer | Daily Mail Online

US
    Vaping is actually causing a rise in dangerous burns, according to a new study
    Vaping is actually causing a rise in dangerous burns, according to a new study | Men's Fitness

US
    Are you ready for new laws in May on vaping, smoking, insurance and probate
    Are you ready for new laws in May on vaping, smoking, insurance and probate - Chronicle Live

Business
    Understanding The Impact Of Vape Juice Label Designs

Understanding The Impact Of Vape Juice Label Designs - Artvoice

Vaping is safe doesn't cause cancer
    Vaping Vs Smoking: E-Cigarettes Are Safe, Don’t Cause Cancer, New Study Reveals

April 2017
    Quantitative study of aldehyde content in electronic cigarettes

https://phys.org/news/2017-04-quanti...igarettes.html

and an earlier OT article by same magazine
    Addictive nut's derivatives could help smokers break the nicotine habit

https://phys.org/news/2017-04-addict...-nicotine.html

3rd hand smoke fearmongering again - quite a few similar articles over past couple of weeks
    Kids’ Hands May Be Covered in Nicotine: Study
    http://vitalupdates.com/kids-hands-may-covered-nicotine-study/

‘No Scientific Proof’ That Vaping Entices Youth To Smoke Cigs, Experts Say
    Read more: Experts Say 'No Scientific Proof' Vaping Entices Youth | The Daily Caller

Fearmongering in used cars

Nicotine Test Kit Allows Dealerships to Test Used Cars, RVs and Boats for Unwanted Residues
    Nicotine Test Kit Allows Dealerships to Test Used Cars, RVs and Boats for Unwanted Residues | WebWire

ECTA battery saftey advice
    Battery Pro Tips for Battery Safety Week

Battery Pro Tips for Battery Safety Week | ECTA of Canada
    gtadmin and flyingfox12 like this.

AVF Regular
    I read Quora every so often when I want to understand something about other topics - like reddit I suppose not too serious but some serious people do visit

Anyhow I never noticed until today that people over time have asked questions about vaping - here are some of the questions that had been asked about vaping specifically

Its always interesting to me to see what others in other non vaping communities are curious about when it comes to vaping

Why do people smoke cigarettes even though vaping is healthier and cheaper?

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-smoke-cigarettes-even-though-vaping-is-healthier-and-cheaper

If you vaped e-cigarettes, then went to smoking real cigarettes, then went back to vaping, would it be less effective to get you off smoking?

https://www.quora.com/If-you-vaped-e...ou-off-smoking

How has the recent increase in popularity of 'vaping' affected the number of people who smoke cigarettes in the U.K. and abroad?
    https://www.quora.com/How-has-the-re...U-K-and-abroad

Why has vaping become more socially acceptable than smoking cigarettes?
    https://www.quora.com/Why-has-vaping...ing-cigarettes

What are the signs that you’re totally not getting back to smoke cigarettes?
    https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-s...oke-cigarettes

Do E-cigarettes feel and taste like you're smoking a real cigarette?
    https://www.quora.com/Do-E-cigarettes-feel-and-taste-like-youre-smoking-a-real-cigarette

What are the subjective differences between smoking cigarettes and vaping?
    https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-s...tes-and-vaping

Is secondhand vaping (e-cig) bad for you like secondhand smoking a cigarette?
    https://www.quora.com/Is-secondhand-...ng-a-cigarette

As a Muslim, alcohol is haram (not allowed). I don't want to smoke cigarettes but I want to vape. Does vape e-liquid contain alcohol?
    https://www.quora.com/As-a-Muslim-al...ontain-alcohol

Will an e-cigarette set off a smoke detector?
    (specifically, the type in an airplane restroom)
    https://www.quora.com/Will-an-e-ciga...smoke-detector

Does smoking feel better than vaping?

Everyone knows that vaping is less damaging, but does it not feel/taste as good as smoking? It seems to be the only reason I can see for people to start and keep smoking.
    https://www.quora.com/Does-smoking-f...er-than-vaping

Electronic Cigarettes and Vaping: What is the difference between smoking and vaporizing?
    https://www.quora.com/Electronic-Cigarettes-and-Vaping-What-is-the-difference-between-smoking-and-vaporizing

Can vaping help transition from smoking cigarettes to quitting all nicotine products altogether?
    https://www.quora.com/Can-vaping-help-transition-from-smoking-cigarettes-to-quitting-all-nicotine-products-altogether

What are the long-term health effects of e-cigarettes likely to be?

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-l...s-likely-to-be

flyingfox12 likes this.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast