Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree990Likes

Thread: Random News ... etc etc etc...

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Fast forward to the 43rd minute mark, for the David Sweanor part
    #stateofvapeinCanada Ep06 "Interview with Dr. Farsalinos & David Sweanor"
    He has some good arguments
    blox4u likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire
    Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)

AVF Regular
    Au (keeping in mind that people who read this rag are likely to help recommend policy and procedures in all kinds of orgs as well as train people in it ) New study highlights importance of having clear workplace policy on vaping vs smoking

https://content.safetyculture.com.au.../#.WRQSe_l97cc

Three e-cigarette companies cop fines over misleading health claims in world-first

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/manufacturing/three-ecigarette-companies-cop-fines-over-misleading-health-claims-in-worldfirst/news-story/33e47b6e1488e3d18c227d488edfcc7b

More than half of British vapers have now quit smoking tobacco, study suggests

More than half of British vapers have now quit smoking tobacco, study suggests*

FDA e-cig ban under fire from all sides as safety evidence mounts
    FDA e-cig ban under fire from all sides as safety evidence mounts | Vaping Post

Vape Shops Want to Do Good, but Fear F.D.A. Won’t Let Them Do Well
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/b...well.html?_r=0

Big tobacco is turning to ‘next generation’ cigarette alternatives — including caffeine powders — to woo back millennials

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/big-tobacco-is-turning-to-next-generation-cigarette-alternatives-including-caffeine-powders-to-woo-back-millennials/news-story/57f6cebe2a821c13cca19d51946b4f2f

flyingfox12 likes this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    Off topic

Nicotine vaccine trials begin in the US
    Selecta Biosciences Commences Dosing in Phase 1 Clinical Trial of Nicotine Vaccine for Smoking Cessation and Relapse Prevention - NASDAQ.com

Although pain, memory and nicotine addiction may not seem to be related, they actually share a common player: the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. That's why Texas A&M researchers are working to develop drugs to enhance the function of these receptors in the brain, which could have three very different applications: easing pain, slowing the cognitive decline associated with Alzheimer's and other neuropsychiatric diseases and making it easier for people to stop smoking
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170505121612.htm

Quickmist spray as a news story
    Nicotine spray helps smokers break the habit | The Gisborne Herald

France
    Decree on the vapotage in public places, a positive sign of the administration?

vapotage dans les lieux publics, décret direction générale de la santé

And since not posted here (Unsurprisingly- but I did wait to see if anyone would..was on Thursday.) in Aussie news ....

Donna Darvil (Sp?) founder of the NNA AU has apparently stepped down from her position of head of the NNA AU
    Her comment posted a couple of days ago somewhere else is this

"I've resigned from the NNA AU. I did so for the purposes of the NNA AU going forward and my mental health. There is no problem within the group, we all get on very well and I know they support me fully.

This is about me being abused consistently for the last three plus years. And lately abuse by Aussie Vendors very vigorously. The vendors have won.

I could go on about what I have done but like anything, there is no point boasting where there has been little results. There has been no positive results while I've been working in advocacy so I guess it's a case of I failed.

The backlash towards me has made me realise that I'm the problem so it's best that the NNA AU go forward without me.

I wish everyone the very best.

Thanks to all my wonderful friends."

Another further comment by Donna reads
    The New Nicotine Alliance Australia are pleased to announce we have a fourth board member. Annette Huppatz has volunteered to work as our vaper and vendor Liaison member. Her role will be to disseminate information to the wider vaper and vendor community and be the NNA presence across social media platforms. If you have any queries, feel free to contact Annette. Please welcome her aboard.

Thanks Annette (our own Nico & Laughter)!!

So there you have it .....

No other real vaping or nic news I could find today - maybe next time...

flyingfox12 likes this.

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Off topic

Nicotine vaccine trials begin in the US
    Selecta Biosciences Commences Dosing in Phase 1 Clinical Trial of Nicotine Vaccine for Smoking Cessation and Relapse Prevention - NASDAQ.com

Although pain, memory and nicotine addiction may not seem to be related, they actually share a common player: the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. That's why Texas A&M researchers are working to develop drugs to enhance the function of these receptors in the brain, which could have three very different applications: easing pain, slowing the cognitive decline associated with Alzheimer's and other neuropsychiatric diseases and making it easier for people to stop smoking
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170505121612.htm
    Be _very_ afraid.

It won't stop you craving a cigarette, it will just make it pointless to have one. Doesn't that sound familiar? cough*Champix*cough. Yet again their "quit or die" dogma completely fails to understand the real issues facing smokers who have the most trouble kicking the habit.

Since it works by "preventing nicotine from crossing the blood-brain barrier" by destroying it I fail to see what that's going to do for Alzheimer's sufferers. Blocking even the nicotine absorbed from food (eggplant and tomatoe etc) it could actually make the problem worse. I also note that the press release doesn't actually say *anything* about cognitive function or Alzheimer's so I'm not sure where that comes from exactly.

What a grand friggen waste of money, in my opion. (I'd love to be proven wrong on this one but nothing they've said makes much sense).
    Last edited by fabricator4; 15-05-17 at 09:47 PM.
    gert, Fatman, Cath Mort and 3 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Off topic

And since not posted here (Unsurprisingly- but I did wait to see if anyone would..was on Thursday.) in Aussie news ....

Donna Darvil (Sp?) founder of the NNA AU has apparently stepped down from her position of head of the NNA AU
    Her comment posted a couple of days ago somewhere else is this

"I've resigned from the NNA AU. I did so for the purposes of the NNA AU going forward and my mental health. There is no problem within the group, we all get on very well and I know they support me fully.

This is about me being abused consistently for the last three plus years. And lately abuse by Aussie Vendors very vigorously. The vendors have won.

I could go on about what I have done but like anything, there is no point boasting where there has been little results. There has been no positive results while I've been working in advocacy so I guess it's a case of I failed.

The backlash towards me has made me realise that I'm the problem so it's best that the NNA AU go forward without me.

I wish everyone the very best.

Thanks to all my wonderful friends."

Another further comment by Donna reads
    The New Nicotine Alliance Australia are pleased to announce we have a fourth board member. Annette Huppatz has volunteered to work as our vaper and vendor Liaison member. Her role will be to disseminate information to the wider vaper and vendor community and be the NNA presence across social media platforms. If you have any queries, feel free to contact Annette. Please welcome her aboard.

Thanks Annette (our own Nico & Laughter)!!

So there you have it .....

No other real vaping or nic news I could find today - maybe next time...

Donna Darvil will be sorely missed?? As to their forum, or should I say the extinct Do Do's with all their political correctness, Yawn, Yawn. never been so bored in my life.

Super Moderator
    Cross forum Drama is not required ....... ^^^^^
    AllyP and blox4u like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Au newsrags
    E-cigarettes are NOT harmless - chemicals in vaping trigger bladder cancer, study reveals

Read more: E-cigarette smokers have a high bladder cancer risk | Daily Mail Online

Tobacco giant Philip Morris' smoke-free product under legal cloud in NZ

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4514542/E-cigarette-smokers-high-bladder-cancer-risk.html

UK
    WARNING: LARGE VAPING TANKS TO BE ILLEGAL FROM SATURDAY

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/f...egal-saturday/

New laws on vaping come into effect this week

Supporters say the rules are needed to dissuade people from picking up the e-cigarette habit
    New laws on vaping come into effect this week | The Independent

NZ Health Ministry charges America's Philip Morris over vape sticks
    https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...er-vape-sticks

Air Sampling confirms secondhand vapor is harmless

Air Sampling confirms secondhand vapor is harmless | Vaping Post

OT
    Nicotine enhances bees' activity

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0516080757.htm
    Jemor likes this.

AVF Regular
    Au newsrags
    E-cigarettes are NOT harmless - chemicals in vaping trigger bladder cancer, study reveals
    No link to the study, can't be found on the institutes web site, or on any search engine. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is one of those fabricated "studies" that are just cash-for-comment. Gotta make sure that grant money keeps rolling in so we can treat all the cancer patients we're harming.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 19-05-17 at 08:15 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    here fab the original press release

Studies Raise Concerns for the Bladder Cancer Risk of E-Cigarette Smokers and Show Intensity of

and a link to one of the two studies apparently done
    http://www.jurology.com/article/S002...706-7/fulltext

[QUOTE=fabricator4;872635]
    Au newsrags

No link to the study, can't be found on the institutes web site, or on any search engine. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is one of those fabricated "studies" that are just cash-for-comment. Gotta make sure that grant money keeps rolling in so we can treat all the cancer patients we're harming.

AVF Regular
    oops and here is the second one
    http://www.jurology.com/article/S002...205-2/fulltext

oh and a contrary article/study from feb
    Switching to e-cigarettes decreases toxic chemicals in smokers’ pee

https://www.theverge.com/2017/2/7/14...health-disease

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast