Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree860Likes

Thread: Random News ... etc etc etc...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    ACA episode about vaping has been postponed.

I'll have to keep my eye out for it.
    ACA ? why bother lol... seriously lol
    DocM likes this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    ACA ? why bother lol... seriously lol
    C'mon 1ynne, they are serious current affairs journalists. Where else are those of us that don't read Womans Day / New Idea supposed to find out about the latest Royal baby? Or which of the big supermarket chains has the best deal on pickled eggs?

tapatalk for photo upload 👍
    tapatalk for general usage 👎
    1ynne likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    whoops wrong thread
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 13-10-17 at 02:37 AM.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

AVF Regular
    Just saw an ad for "chewable" nurofen/ibuprofen for kids that looks like chewy lollies

Where's the "think about the chillun" brigade that argued some ejiuce is targetted at kids by name or "fruity" flavours now?

Oh and nice work TGA....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 14-10-17 at 10:32 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    C'mon 1ynne, they are serious current affairs journalists. Where else are those of us that don't read Womans Day / New Idea supposed to find out about the latest Royal baby? Or which of the big supermarket chains has the best deal on pickled eggs?
    Why, here of course!
    If I can't blind you with science, I'll dazzle you with BS

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Just saw an ad for "chewable" nurofen/ibuprofen for kids that looks like chewy lollies

Where's the "think about the chillun" brigade that argued some ejiuce is targetted at kids by name or "fruity" flavours now?

Oh and nice work TGA....

But those are registered medicines so you can poison your kids safely and know you did it with full government support unlike those evil e-juice mixtures that no one knows whats in them

AVF Regular
    Lol I wouldnt worry too much - now that codeine has become mostly prescription only as of January... Ibuprofen may be next ...

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...scription-drug

Cause Aussies cant be trusted with these things - and doctors are poor or something?

Oh and nice work TGA....

stylemessiah likes this.
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...

AVF Regular
    Umm fresh off the press for them to print? (Not exactly the baby but whaddabout her children?)
    Kate Middleton's uncle Gary Goldsmith charged over late-night assault in London
    Kate Middleton's uncle Gary Goldsmith charged over late-night assault in London - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Dont ask me - I am very anti royal!

Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Why, here of course!
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Lol I wouldnt worry too much - now that codeine has become mostly prescription only as of January... Ibuprofen may be next ...

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...scription-drug

Cause Aussies cant be trusted with these things - and doctors are poor or something?
    Prolly should be, its more dangerous. For some people ibuprofen is way way more dangerous, im one of them. But by all means peddle it to kids. It gets so heavily promoted on tv...so you know money is more important than safety. But they'll prolly take down lottoland first....

Last edited by stylemessiah; 15-10-17 at 02:35 AM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Personally I hope not - bad enough I am expected now to go to the doctor everytime I want access to codeine for bad periods, to dry up a cold or whatever (and I am not a heavy user of them - I do like to keep them around the house tho just in case I or someone need a couple and frankly as a responsible user I dont give a F*ck what the doctors new fangled yoga pain management technique is about

Now if they will expect me to go to the doctor every month to access ibuprofen (which I do rely on more) Then I will know that we have hit beyond stupidity levels of nannying in this country - the amount of times they have tried to shove me on anti depressants for periods is beyond count - Just give me the dammed pain killer and maybe something for nausea if I need it and bugger off! I know what works and what I do and dont want

Paracetamol would be the next target after ibuprofen cause it is a leading cause of poisoning in over the counter drugs- its just that its harder to legislate atm cause people have not yet accepted that thier freedom to take control is being erroded bc of the children - Ibuprofen is an easier target to medically monopolize

I dont do well with naproxen or pararacetamol (the first has no effect and the second worsens my period nausea) and asprin makes my gums bleed

Also as a parent going to the chemist rather than mucking with doctors saved me many times while the little ones were teething or had colds - doctors are often time consuming and can be an expensive waste of time for small things that you could just as easily DIY

and in the future I really dont want to have to take midget to the doctor over something as stupid as painkillers for periods every month or two (and she will have alot of pain and nausea) or temperatures for colds and flu

As much as I see your point marketing meds as lollies - and they are - but if you have ever tried to shove a pill down a sick kids throat you would know also why they sell so well

I find the rules they are pushing in terms of over the counter favor only the medical profession rather than patients

Lol but this kinda subject - me thinks is where we always clash horns - so am happy to agree to disagree respectfully overall

Prolly should be, its more dangerous. For some people ibuprofen is way way more dangerous, im one of them. But by all means peddle it to kids. It gets so heavily promoted on tv...so you know more net is more important than safety. But they'll prolly take down lottoland first....

Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 15-10-17 at 02:35 AM.
    stylemessiah likes this.

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast