Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree860Likes

Thread: Random News ... etc etc etc...

AVF Regular
    This was a good read for me rebel...thank you! If I may ad my thoughts in here if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Au newsrags
    E-cigarettes are NOT harmless - chemicals in vaping trigger bladder cancer, study reveals

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]
    Read more: E-cigarette smokers have a high bladder cancer risk | Daily Mail Online
    This to me is null and void. Firstly if those tested were previous smokers then they would've had to test them as being clear of bladder cancer chemicals BEFORE they started vaping to know that their bladder cancer was caused by vaping alone. I doubt if this was the case as this link shows https://www.oncolink.org/cancers/uri...bladder-cancer
    Quote: "What screening tests are used for bladder cancer?
    There are no standard screening tests used for bladder cancer in people who have not had bladder cancer. Cystoscopy and urine cytology may be used in people with a history of bladder cancer."
    In my mind those tested can ONLY be taken from NEW Nicotine vapors who have NEVER smoked or been around smokers in their life and that is probably NOT the case. And this
    Studies Raise Concerns for the Bladder Cancer Risk of E-Cigarette Smokers and Show Intensity of shows they had only ceased smoking for at least 6 months prior to testing. Makes you wonder why they couldn't find people who have been vaping for at least 6 years. There are so many things wrong with this report it's just not funny. Makes me also wonder who actually funds these kind of researchers (so called Doctors)? Big Pharma perhaps?.

E-cigarettes are NOT harmless - chemicals in vaping trigger bladder cancer, study reveals
    UK
    WARNING: LARGE VAPING TANKS TO BE ILLEGAL FROM SATURDAY

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/f...egal-saturday/

New laws on vaping come into effect this week

Supporters say the rules are needed to dissuade people from picking up the e-cigarette habit
    New laws on vaping come into effect this week | The Independent

Some years ago cigarettes sold in smaller packs e.g 10 pack etc. were banned in most countries and could only be sold in larger pack sizes. Now they want to reduce eliquids to 10 ml?...good grief...that is not even relevant to anything other than placing more cost on giving up smoking and keeping cigarettes alive and well and to flex muscle in governments who want total control. It's called dictatorship.

NZ Health Ministry charges America's Philip Morris over vape sticks
    https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...er-vape-sticks
    This I am personally for this. I don't trust BT and to me heating tobacco is as bad as burning it. You are heating ALL the other 7000 chemicals that are already in their tobacco products as opposed to just VG, PG and nic (and flavours if you use them) Not for me thank you. Isn't the reason we're vaping is to get off all those cancer causing chemicals?

Au newsrags
    Air Sampling confirms secondhand vapor is harmless

Air Sampling confirms secondhand vapor is harmless | Vaping Post
    Now this is a 'breath of fresh air' (excuse the pun) finally some positive results and makes me feel that whilst I'm on this journey to rid myself of cigarettes at least my family will be safer around me also.

Au newsrags
    OT
    Nicotine enhances bees' activity

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0516080757.htm
    This made me smile. finding that my tiny brain is at least similar to the endangered bubble bee which is now on the protected species list in the US at least. Bumble Bee Protected Under Endangered Species Act | Time.com
    does this mean I am now protected too ? If only !!

All in a few hours work while vaping.

Thanks again rebel.

AVF Regular

It's still not a study, just a one column article. No published quantifiable results, just conclusions plucked out of thin air. The only "Quantity" quoted was that they exposed mice to 10mg/ml for 5 days a week for 12 weeks. I can imagine how their CE4's managed that for five days straight. Suprised the mice didn't curl their toes up by the end of the first week. No human readable results about what they really found or how much. Just a complete load of pineapples.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Stricter cigarette packaging rules come into force in UK..

Only 2ml tanks and 20mg/ml nic. Makes me wonder if my lil baby beast will some day be illegal...

https://www.theguardian.com/business...to-force-in-uk

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It's still not a study, just a one column article. No published quantifiable results, just conclusions plucked out of thin air. The only "Quantity" quoted was that they exposed mice to 10mg/ml for 5 days a week for 12 weeks. I can imagine how their CE4's managed that for five days straight. Suprised the mice didn't curl their toes up by the end of the first week. No human readable results about what they really found or how much. Just a complete load of pineapples.
    From what I have read some time ago Bladder Cancer and Bowl cancer, a primary cause was the Microwave Oven, people not letting their food or warmed drinks stand long enough after being removed from the microwave oven. True or false I have no idea.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    From what I have read some time ago Bladder Cancer and Bowl cancer, a primary cause was the Microwave Oven, people not letting their food or warmed drinks stand long enough after being removed from the microwave oven. True or false I have no idea.
    False. I think that was one of those "microwaves make your food radioactive" scares that do the Chinese whisper thing on social media. You should probably let your food stand for a minute so you don't burn your mouth, and if you don't heat leftovers properly (very hot and evenly) you might be exposing yourself to bacteria. That's pretty well it.

There's no guarantees, but the best way to avoid cancers is to maintain a healthy weight (easier said than done LOL) eat a healthy diet (fresh and varied) and get plenty of exercise, avoid too much sun, and don't smoke. That's it - that's the best five things you can do - basically, stay healthy.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantoea View Post
    Stricter cigarette packaging rules come into force in UK..

Only 2ml tanks and 20mg/ml nic. Makes me wonder if my lil baby beast will some day be illegal...

https://www.theguardian.com/business...to-force-in-uk

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Can someone please explain to me why they have a minimum on pouches and packets of cigarettes and yet have a maximum of 10ml bottles sold and 2ml tank sizes for eliquid? This defies all logic to me. Are they truely pushing for you to buy more tobacco and less eliquid? Ahhh!!.. I wonder if it's to do with they get more tax from tobacco sold? Very strange! Considering they are trying to get people off smoking and onto vaping and neither of these things will make any difference to the death rate from smoking or how much you use either.

If Australia ever gets to legalise vaping we will have the same or tighter laws. I think I read some parts of Europe is now down to 1.8 ml tank sizes. I could be wrong.
    Think I might buy a Joyetech PENGUIN now, ready for home use.

I do like the last 2 paragraphs of that article.

AVF Regular
    There's no guarantees, but the best way to avoid cancers is to maintain a healthy weight (easier said than done LOL) eat a healthy diet (fresh and varied) and get plenty of exercise, avoid too much sun, and don't smoke. That's it - that's the best five things you can do - basically, stay healthy.
    And drink plenty of water. Too many people forget this. Particularly important for vapers.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    A search for 'e-cigarette' at AUA2017 conference yields results for the two e-cigarette studies: https://www.eventscribe.com/2017/AUA2017/search.asp

Dr Farsilinos' one the human study: Headlines news about e-cigarettes causing bladder cancer based on non-specific biomarkers

As he says, they're just conference abstracts.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    E-Cig and Cancer ... just bolox and bulldust. Next thing it will be headlines reading "E-Cigs Studies show signs of turning People into Potatoe Heads" hahaha.
    gert and fabricator4 like this.
    ""Tootle Puffer" on Starter Kits.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ybnice View Post
    E-Cig and Cancer ... just bolox and bulldust. Next thing it will be headlines reading "E-Cigs Studies show signs of turning People into Potatoe Heads" hahaha.
    Surely, if our immigration minister was a vaper, nic would be freely available.

tapatalk for photo upload 👍
    tapatalk for general usage 👎
    ybnice and FXVaper like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast