Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
Like Tree1165Likes

Thread: Random News ... etc etc etc...

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Davi View Post
    It does because as you can see I'm on line. Clever Brian clever boy

I'm going off line now FYI.

Why don't you and your friends make jokes about killing rabbits, that would be good or even memes would be better. Or short video grabs. Go for it.
    Anyone who thinks of taking up that challenge will get a holiday

Condolences on your loss Donna
    giruvian, DogMan, Davi and 1 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Dr Farsalinos has slammed a recent Heart Foundation study that claimed to show that vaping and HnB are as harmful as smoking:

Public comment submitted to the FDA: Study abstract, poster and press statement misinterprets the potential effects of IQOS on cardiovascular disease risk

Dr. Farsalinos Submits Official Complaint To FDA Over Anti-Vaping Study That “Provides No Reliable Scientific Information” - ChurnMag

The study was primarily designed to attack HnB, however vaporisers with and without nicotine were tested as well.

The issue is that flow mediated dilation (FMD) as a result of a sympathetic affect to nicotine is NOT the same thing as indicating a chronic cardio disease. Similar to recent studies about heart wall stiffness, they are using symptoms of stimulant use (nicotine) to claim cause of a chronic disease. Other things like walking up a flight of stairs or going for a swim will cause the same things to occur in perfectly health people.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 02-12-17 at 08:30 PM.
    margyb, Cath Mort, DocM and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Anyone who thinks of taking up that challenge will get a holiday
    (
    Oh, you know we have much more class than that FM. Well, some of us do anyway :-D
    Fatman, DogMan and DocM like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Oh, you know we have much more class than that FM. Well, some of us do anyway :-D
    I know you thought of me when you said that... you swine

I only pinch my kittens nuts to make sure it is a he... it is
    DogMan likes this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CCVaper View Post
    I know you thought of me when you said that... you swine

I only pinch my kittens nuts to make sure it is a he... it is
    Well there were two possibilities, but you were one of them, certainly...

Sadist. You like hearing them squeal.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 04-12-17 at 10:34 AM.

AVF Regular
    Mostly off topic but mostly relevant

Studies released on socioeconomic status of smokers (Hint and surprise- they are mostly low income and this is who high taxes and other prohibition measures are penalising when instead snus and vaping could solve most of the issue )

Tobacco Use and Socioeconomically Disadvantaged Groups
    https://academic.oup.com/ntr/article...dFrom=fulltext

Association Between Cigarette Smoking Prevalence and Income Level: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

The Impact of Tobacco Control Policies on Smoking Among Socioeconomic Groups in Nine European Countries, 1990–2007

Socioeconomic Disadvantage and Other Risk Factors for Using Higher-Nicotine/Tar-Yield (Regular Full-Flavor) Cigarettes

Jamaicans warned against using e-cigarettes

Jamaicans warned against using e-cigarettes

India
    Prices of life-saving medicines for rare diseases skyrocket under GST (Posted cause the main issue really surrounds Nicotine polacrilex gum which is a main ingredient in NRT gums- There is a quiet uproar on the internet about this)
    http://www.ibtimes.co.in/prices-life-saving-medicines-rare-diseases-skyrockets-under-gst-750635

A ban on smoking in French films? The idea makes me fume (cultural sanitation anyone?)
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...lms-cigarettes

Cancer council under fire - remember this the next time they scream about evidence based research and vaping
    Creeping quackery: “Integrative” cancer care spreading in NIH-supported centers
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2017...orted-centers/

and yeah in Australia Cancer council is guilty too but we call it complimentary therapy
    Complementary therapies and cancer - Cancer Council Australia

Juul ecigs are under attack -and 'they' are pushing the term "Juuling" to become a thing when its really not - There is more than one article about this - I assume this has more to do with a subversive attack on nicotine salts and stealth vaping more than anyone using Juul ecigs - either way it sounds like bullsh*t
    http://wgntv.com/2017/12/01/oregon-principal-warns-parents-about-growing-trend-called-juuling/

Life Hacker Australia has attacked vaping today but then I have learned not to take them too seriously as journalists...
    Fruity Vape Flavors May Be More Toxic Than We Thought
    https://vitals.lifehacker.com/fruity...ght-1820912067

UK - again surprise? and wth are they not getting ecigs?
    Exeter convict threw boiling water on prison officer after she reported him for trading nicotine patches
    Exeter convict threw boiling water on prison officer after she reported him for trading nicotine patches - Devon Live

Yeah I think thats about it for now ... cheers!

Wombats1 and SubyXV like this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    In todays news

Italian study: No health concerns observed in medium term e-cig users (link to study can be found in article)
    https://www.vapingpost.com/2017/12/0...m-e-cig-users/

AU
    Nicotine replacement in pregnancy: Safer than smoking
    https://www.newcastle.edu.au/newsroo...r-than-smoking

Hong Kong
    Bill to tighten control on e-cigarettes
    Bill to tighten control on e-cigarettes - The Standard

Commentary US
    Feds owe the public ‘corrective statements’ on vaping
    Feds owe the public 'corrective statements' on vaping - AEI

US
    Why Banning E-cigarette Ads on TV Could Backfire
    https://insight.kellogg.northwestern...could-backfire

and whaddabout the children they will all smoke cigarettes if they vape blah which is all over the news atm
    E-Cigarettes: A 1-Way Street to Traditional Smoking and Nicotine Addiction for Youth | Commentaries | Pediatrics
    gtadmin likes this.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    In relation to that Italian study, it would be most interesting and helpful if they managed to do the same tests on a never smoker who took up smoking. I don't know what damage would show up after 3.5 years, but if anything did, it would blow the anti's argument out of the funding bubble. Sorry, damn auto correct, I meant water.

sent from my masticated yam
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    This is really a good listen about Simon Chapman
    Sorry I don’t know how to embed on here
    It really should have its own thread

Senator Leyonhjelm's Speech on the Parliamentary Inquiry into vaping - Posted without comment - YouTube

Link
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=HQt2Lx0FS-4

Last edited by Fatman; 06-12-17 at 02:26 PM. Reason: embedding linky for Margy :)
    gtadmin, CMB, Cath Mort and 6 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Bloody good video Margy!

You know what really gets up my nose though?

Its not that I have a beef with some of David Leyonhjelm's platforms etc , everyone is entitled to their views and those who they represent, its not even the despicable practices by so called experts outlined by him in this speech ....

My biggest beef with this is .... LOOK at all the empty seats in the chamber on the long shots , notice that during the whole video there is not even a cough or shuffling of papers by another MP ... So ALL the other bloodsucking "elected representatives" weren't even there to HEAR what he actually said ... instead they will rely on a staffer to read thru Hansard and bring it to their attention because THEY chose not to do the job WE elected them for . Because as a member of the LDP it doesnt really matter to them what he says .... Surely it is not too much to ask that each and every elected representative actually LISTEN to what the people outside of their electorate, party, or campaign donors want to be heard .... It kinda disgusts me a little because ok the Senator was speaking on our behalf this time, but no-one heard him except the speaker and the secretary by the looks of it ... and I wonder how many OTHER concerns meet this same fate ... it is just reinforcing to me that unless a concern meets an agenda or a payday for either major party then no-one really gives a toss... no wonder we have the government we do ...

Now I do understand this is all part of the process and there is no requirement for anyone to actually be there apart from the person giving the speech for it to be put on the record , but dammit we pay for them, we expect them to at least hear what other people have to say so that they can make the best decisions FOR the people they represent... otherwise everything apart from what people WANT to listen to , is reduced to words on a page , hoping someone will hear them .
    giruvian, margyb, gtadmin and 13 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them