Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
Like Tree1165Likes

Thread: Random News ... etc etc etc...

AVF Regular
    I used to love Guy Fawkes night, back when I was in England. Awesome spectacle.

sent from my masticated yam
    giruvian likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Ally I have been torn by this since I entered the vape community (especially with at times peoples overwhelming support for the IPA And IEA) and I have been at times outspoken on this (and lets be honest here probably will be again at times) But- I have been tossing up some brain burps about this which I settle on and then dont

You see knowing that the organized libertarians are generally selfish corporate twats- I realized that they are also an opportunity that if used correctly through proper strategy and could be used as a balancer or mirror of sorts for the other parties- but you really would have to strategise on that one to pull it off effectively and becareful on how you do it (they have alot of experience in things)

Was reading an article from october called Senator David Leyonhjelm Not As Nutty As He Seems The Australian and the author argues that Leyonhjelm has for all hos crazyness influenced alot of social policy by creating questions - from bike helmets to guns to vaping and cannabis - all which have been until now pretty settled social subjects in the Australian psyche and in hard line party followers who often secretly agree with him on different subjects

also in terms of the other parties and honest pollies - I always tend to think that people look at them and sigh thinking that the mountain is too high bc of hard party lines etc etc - and that is something I vehemently disagree with

Writing a letter or two wont do it - but launching a multi pronged thought out co ordinated campaign just might

Like you I would never jump for the nutty senator - but there is still more than one way to skin a cat - sometimes you just have to be clever about it

Quote Originally Posted by AllyP View Post
    Tricky one - its so great he spoke up and exposed Chappers in the senate BUT and its one hell of a but for me - I cannot and will not support anything that comes from that despicable low life senators mouth - not even for our vaping rights.
    I wont be sharing his youtube post anywhere - there are times when one has to weigh up and consider how we give support to Pollies and if we are willing to sell out on fundamental personal beliefs and for me in this case its big NO.
    Really wish some "credible" pollies would step up and support us.
    margyb, DocM, AllyP and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I listening to their arguments last night, although not for vaping.

You know the system is 100% doomed to failure when a pollie spends 20mins arguing the point that referendums(among other types) are bad.
    Because by giving all people in their electorate a say, prevents them from representing the true feelings of their electorate.

Fatman, Cath Mort, Fractal and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    I listening to their arguments last night, although not for vaping.

You know the system is 100% doomed to failure when a pollie spends 20mins arguing the point that referendums(among other types) are bad.
    Because by giving all people in their electorate a say, prevents them from representing the true feelings of their electorate.

Comments remind me of something I read the other day.

It was an article on how the public have lost faith in our politicians, they had run a survey and the majority indicated they did not trust our pollies. So this mob in their wisdom think the answer is to educate the people being surveyed into thinking that our pollies can be trusted ????

How about they address the concerns instead ????

Our 2 main parties have lost the plot. they no longer think about the country but what will get them re elected. What is the popular thing to do. And I like David L because he questions this and raises other points. I don't care for him personally or some policies but I do like how he pushed outside the norm. For example, inviting Milo to speak in parliament. Who else would question people like he does?

PS. I loved Guy Fawkes night as well, big bon fire and fireworks.
    CMB and DogMan like this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Comments remind me of something I read the other day.

It was an article on how the public have lost faith in our politicians, they had run a survey and the majority indicated they did not trust our pollies. So this mob in their wisdom think the answer is to educate the people being surveyed into thinking that our pollies can be trusted ????

How about they address the concerns instead ????

Our 2 main parties have lost the plot. they no longer think about the country but what will get them re elected. What is the popular thing to do. And I like David L because he questions this and raises other points. I don't care for him personally or some policies but I do like how he pushed outside the norm. For example, inviting Milo to speak in parliament. Who else would question people like he does?

PS. I loved Guy Fawkes night as well, big bon fire and fireworks.
    Cracker/Empire night/ Guy Fawkes night. I still bear the scar from a penny bunger. What fun is a good bonfire, I know a few witches too that I would invite.
    Make a mental list of any politicians in your lifetime that were worth their salt, then, the ones that weren't. Going by my list doing the 'worth salt' list hadn't reached anywhere near double figures. The latter will be reams of eco friendly paper.
    We don't get value for our taxes paying these buggers' wages and entitlements.
    Kudos to MargyB for the post.
    Fatman and Hoofprint like this.
    I asked my Mum one day "Where do babies come from?" She said "A dog bite son." I found out later, I had a Cynophobic childhood. She thought I'd said Rabies.

Killed the nails before they killed me. 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DocM View Post
    Make a mental list of any politicians in your lifetime that were worth their salt, then, the ones that weren't. Going by my list doing the 'worth salt' list hadn't reached anywhere near double figures. T
    I had an argument with some of the local city council pollies few years back and said "your job has been irrelevant since the advent of the internet"
    one of them asked why.
    I replied "soon as people realise some one could make an app for their phone called Run my Country, it runs polls of current political events and that result makes the laws. Your done"

way i see it is why forced to vote for an overpriced item thats wrong 99.9% of the time, when just install an app and it be wrong 50% of the time
    gtadmin and DocM like this.

AVF Regular
    Arguing with a politician. "In a battle of wits, never fight an individual who is unarmed and defenseless."
    I asked my Mum one day "Where do babies come from?" She said "A dog bite son." I found out later, I had a Cynophobic childhood. She thought I'd said Rabies.

AVF Regular
    Don't forget the old saying that people get the governments they deserve. Politicians are basically no different now than they were in the past. The modern politicians have to perform differently now because of Social media & the 24hr news cycle which makes then seem like a different breed than the politicians of the past. In the past a Prime Minister was safe until they lost an election mainly because they only had to try & control the morning papers & the TV evening news whereas now they have lost all control because of the internet & the thousands of so called experts spreading all sorts of rubbish.
    They used to bring in the nation building legislation in their first year so the unpopular but necessary bills can be forgotten about in the final two years of their term & to also throw a lot of sweeteners out there for the election. This doesn't work any more because of the onslaught of criticism from the internet. We want sugar all the time so we vote for the sweet sickly, tell us what we want to hear, do nothing party.
    giruvian, gtadmin, Fatman and 2 others like this.
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    Hear hear Rodbam.

AVF Regular
    Oh dear !!!
    Glantz sued for racist & sexist abuse
    https://www.vapingpost.com/2017/12/0...-sexist-abuse/

Some Older Smokers Turn to Vaping. That May Not Be a Bad Idea.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/08/health/smokers-vaping-ecigarettes-elderly.html

rockmoose likes this.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455