Page 64 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Like Tree1912Likes

Thread: Random News ... etc etc etc...

AVF Regular
    Colin wasnt on long himself

I did get on, didnt get to say much (I sent Fab a copy of what i planned to say if i had free rein that is), and didnt get to speak with or interact with Colin

But the biggest dissapointment was i was going to sign off with "im just someone who doesnt want to be penalised because i dont want to smoke, and enjoy the odd pineapple"

Denied....
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 15-01-18 at 10:56 PM.
    margyb likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Thousands of Australians are vaping illegally

https://www.4bc.com.au/thousands-of-...ing-illegally/

Vape reservations: Why our government wonít talk about e-cigarettes
    Cigarette smoking: Why the vaping ban on e-cigarettes continues

Vaping may have its drawbacks but itís a lifesaver for many
    Nocookies | The Australian

NZ
    Major supermarkets now selling e-cigarettes as tobacco price rises
    Major supermarkets now selling e-cigarettes as tobacco price rises - NZ Herald

Nicotine degrading enzyme could help smokers quit
    https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/nicotine-degrading-enzyme-could-help-smokers-quit/3008518.article

OT

Au
    How Australiaís strict laws have made smokers social outcasts
    How Australia’s strict laws have made smokers social outcasts

Harm minimization approach for smoking cessation with e-cigarettes
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20180112/Harm-minimization-approach-for-smoking-cessation-with-e-cigarettes.aspx

margyb, gtadmin, Fatman and 2 others like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

emu
    AVF Regular
    That nica2 enzyme is interesting reb, thanks for the heads up.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Colin wasnt on long himself

I did get on, didnt get to say much (I sent Fab a copy of what i planned to say if i had free rein that is), and didnt get to speak with or interact with Colin

But the biggest dissapointment was i was going to sign off with "im just someone who doesnt want to be penalised because i dont want to smoke, and enjoy the odd pineapple"

Denied....
    Well done for having a go. I missed it entirely because I was cooking Mrs Fab a late dinner. They don't seem to podcast every episode unfortunately.

The trick with these flash phone ins it to make a statement that makes them want to ask questions. Like "Public Health in Australia is responsible for eighteen thousands deaths per year". That can go two ways - they'll either shut you down, or ask what the hell you're talking about and actually be interested in the answers.

Colin has to be pretty restrained in what he says. I know it really irks him. We don't have to be, so much, but it depends on who's running the show.

Mainly I think, it was important to get a few positive people on with Colin. A shame you didn't get to interact with him - I never know what format these shows are going to take. Sometimes they even pre-record the main guest but I got the impression he was supposed to be live tonight.

There's probably going to be plenty of opportunity this year to get ourselves heard - it's shaping up to be a hot topic, hopefully.
    stylemessiah likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Well done for having a go. I missed it entirely because I was cooking Mrs Fab a late dinner. They don't seem to podcast every episode unfortunately.

The trick with these flash phone ins it to make a statement that makes them want to ask questions. Like "Public Health in Australia is responsible for eighteen thousands deaths per year". That can go two ways - they'll either shut you down, or ask what the hell you're talking about and actually be interested in the answers.

Colin has to be pretty restrained in what he says. I know it really irks him. We don't have to be, so much, but it depends on who's running the show.

Mainly I think, it was important to get a few positive people on with Colin. A shame you didn't get to interact with him - I never know what format these shows are going to take. Sometimes they even pre-record the main guest but I got the impression he was supposed to be live tonight.

There's probably going to be plenty of opportunity this year to get ourselves heard - it's shaping up to be a hot topic, hopefully.
    Its weird being on the opposite end, because ive done the other side, we didnt do a lot of call ins, but ive never called in (mainly as i havent listened to radio (except when ive been on it) in 30 years)....never get used to the delay

So yeah, i wasnt prepared to be the caller, i thought id have free rein (a dangerous thing some might say), but noooo...

I do not care to be the caller so much, i cant work within the time constraints

I need to build towards my climax....
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 16-01-18 at 02:40 PM.
    Fatman, fabricator4, AllyP and 1 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    The Australasian Association of Convenience Stores (AACS) has welcomed comments by Colin Mendelsohn,
    https://www.c-store.com.au/2018/01/16/ecigarette-opporunity-not-missed/
    stylemessiah and emu like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

emu
    AVF Regular
    Wise words...

“The development of a framework to govern the legal sale of eCigarettes is urgently required to bring Australia in line with the rest of the world. It is time for the Government to show strong leadership on this issue or accept the blame for putting the health and lives of Australians at greater risk ”
    DocM and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    DocM and emu like this.
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Has anyone been to a Vape Force One event while they've been doing their roadtrip? They're here on the Goldie next week (Monday) & I was gonna pop down & have a squizz.

NOTE: My location is Surfers Paradise, QLD.

I'd add it to my profile, but Gmail keeps eating my password reset emails, so I can't login via PC, however I'm logged in via the phone app... so this will have to suffice for now!
    AllyP and 1ynne like this.

AVF Regular
    check it out and let us know Starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

maybe you could add your location as a footer signature to save ya adding it every post
    fabricator4, DocM and LustStarrr like this.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

Page 64 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast