Page 71 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Like Tree1912Likes

Thread: Random News ... etc etc etc...

AVF Regular
    Yep for all Chimpies stupidity - I cant help but admire him - from what I understand - he is an absolute prohibitionist with no problem messing with edge of eugenic ideas... which probably costs as much in lives as he thinks he is saving

I also do like his talent for manipulating ideas and language in order to achieve his goals- a great example was this comment

"Prohibition which I donít advocate ó I advocate regulation"

Which is kind of reminiscent of the rogue vendor (Who despite my colorful relationship with I also admired) who was trying to make it so vendors could only sell either small amounts of unflavored or make it that vendors could only sell premixed nicotine- which would bump up the prices completely and close competition (I dont think he thought the idea out too well)

When I asked in a pm if this was true

He simply said

"I believe in regulation.."

He also had alot of admirers

Alot of this stuff is just smoke and mirrors in language and information - but when you start to really look at things- it all becomes easier to argue against

Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    "This is from Jan 30 but its interesting - both the article and comments from chimpy
    Pessimus sabbati: the tobacco and vaping industriesí worst week
    https://croakey.org/pessimus-sabbati...es-worst-week/ "

This just goes to show how smart chapman is.
    He deliberately uses the politicians and the public ignorance about totally different products to lump everything in together to "prove" his case and make it stronger.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Nooooo!!!!

"It means that big midget will come back and be all in my face saying well the HTML is rubbish - I have been telling you for ages to buy a squarespace subscription and not use the free stuff.... thats why people like me get paid ... I told you that I will do the HTML and help you set it all up properly .....blah blah..."

At which point if I haven't already ... I tune out ...

Bless her but I have never been one despite my essays etc to have a long attention span

But she should be back over the weekend - am hoping to be sorted around then ....
    Hahaha, we are so alike in this respect. I wish I had a big midget to help me out! Tech shite is so bloody boring! I felt pretty spiffy when I learned to copy and paste, saves heaps of time. LOL
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    I know right

I think I have been just butt lucky - The housey is into the whole DIY build your own and customize your PC electronics thing - where as big midget went into programming and marketing - both are into deep internet talk - so I kind of have my bases covered -

But I do like tech theory and innovation which I get all excited about - Im just not very practical at things at times - I go all blurry and zone out

To each their own talent!

(I have missed your postings - It is good to see you again gresh )

Quote Originally Posted by Gresh11 View Post
    Hahaha, we are so alike in this respect. I wish I had a big midget to help me out! Tech shite is so bloody boring! I felt pretty spiffy when I learned to copy and paste, saves heaps of time. LOL
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    I know right

I think I have been just butt lucky - The housey is into the whole DIY build your own and customize your PC electronics thing - where as big midget went into programming and marketing - both are into deep internet talk - so I kind of have my bases covered -

But I do like tech theory and innovation which I get all excited about - Im just not very practical at things at times - I go all blurry and zone out

To each their own talent!

(I have missed your postings - It is good to see you again gresh )
    Cheers Rebel, wow your so lucky!

I thought i better get back on the bike since it is so quiet in here. I actually quite like it. The hangers on are quite a decent bunch too!

I have never had a problem with the pop-ups and spam, thanks to Avast free anti-virus. The crappy vendors that don't put in are easily ignored and it was nice to see Hi-Liq going gangbusters. Ryan did a marvellous job.

Hopefully one day 'the supreme watsit' cleans house. Long live AVF!!!
    ermoon2 and emu like this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    um reb - not sure about what problems you are having with your wire..

but here's some birdees

oh and some artwork

https://crafts.tutsplus.com/tutorial...ll--craft-1491

thats all I could find when I went looking for help

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post

but here's some birdees

oh and some artwork

Haha, 1ynne, your problem solving skills are as advanced as mine! WTG!!!
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    tbh I was half hearted in really looking I got stuck on the Wire-Wrapped Word ...on the wall .... and then I lost the plot following that thought
    Last edited by 1ynne; 14-02-18 at 12:42 PM.

AVF Regular
    Cant stay right now - But I dropped in because I know this picture! It has an awesome cute story to go with it too!

One morning while reading a newspaper, Jarbas Agnelli saw a photograph of birds on an electric wire. He cut out the photo and was inspired to make a song using the exact location of the birds as musical notes. He was curious to hear what melody the birds created.He sent the music to the photographer, Paulo Pinto, who told his editor, who told a reporter and the story ended up as an interview in the newspaper. It ended up Winner of the YouTube Play Guggenheim Biennial Festival.

<span style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre-wrap;">

but here's some birdees

oh and some artwork

1ynne and emu like this.

AVF Regular
    cheers Reb- yep it is a special image with a special back story...

now you also said...<span style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre-wrap;">

is that an example of your word wrapping wire problem ?

often when copying text - from webpages... it helps to use 'paste special' and select unformatted text.. or, quicker, to drop it into into Notepad..which strips out the formatting crud.... before using it elsewhere..

dunno.. but have a good day

AVF Regular
    Ahh no lynne

its about ... you know how you format your document in either google docs or in word - then you transfer it over to a box to publish to a premade template box

and the template you have is nice and tidy when you pick it

but when you publish your document in the premade template thing they give you

the text runs everywhere over the screen so that instead of having something tidy - you end up with text running over the text boxes and you have to scroll wayyyy over to the left or right to be able to read it once its been published

The whole thing just ends up looking messy and unreadable

So its more of a technical thing than an easy fix - just not sure though if its because of my end or because free blogg sites are prone to being pita - Ill find out on the weekend

But thanks for trying anyways

Ahh - the extra code with the video - yeah I often have issues with that here - but usually clean it up when I see it ... I was just lazy and in a rush this time

cheers Reb- yep it is a special image with a special back story...

now you also said...<span style="color: rgb(17, 17, 17); font-family: Roboto, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre-wrap;">

is that an example of your word wrapping wire problem ?

often when copying text - from webpages... it helps to use 'paste special' and select unformatted text.. or, quicker, to drop it into into Notepad..which strips out the formatting crud.... before using it elsewhere..

dunno.. but have a good day

Page 71 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast