Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: New type eCigs from Phillip Morris

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,409

    New type eCigs from Phillip Morris

    Smoke without fire: Japan becomes test ground for real tobacco e-cigarette | Reuters

    Heated just enough to vaporise, but I'd be nervous.

    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ja...-idUSKCN0WV0GQ
    flyingfox12 and Jemor like this.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Anywhere I hang my coat up
    Posts
    577
    About as appealing as chewing on a Japanese noodle, nah would not waste one yen on this rubbish
    ybnice likes this.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    234
    $89, no thanks. Plus those cartridges which I'm sure is the real cash generator. I wouldn't put it above Big Tobacco to put in extra chemicals into those cartridges to make it better tasting and more addictive.

    I've weaned myself away from 38 years of tobacco. All I need is my nicotine delivered via vape so I won't fall back into that trap again.
    gert and flyingfox12 like this.

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Japan loves this stuff, and ignores vaping.

    You're right to be nervous. The tobacco companies can still put whatever they want in the tobacco (eg ammonium hydroxide) to make it more addictive and you will still be getting other stuff like tobacco specific nitrosamines.

    On the whole though, it gets around the problem of actually burning tobacco so will be a whole lot safer than cigarettes.
    gert, jobics and flyingfox12 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Anywhere I hang my coat up
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Japan loves this stuff, and ignores vaping.

    You're right to be nervous. The tobacco companies can still put whatever they want in the tobacco (eg ammonium hydroxide) to make it more addictive and you will still be getting other stuff like tobacco specific nitrosamines.

    On the whole though, it gets around the problem of actually burning tobacco so will be a whole lot safer than cigarettes.
    Looking at things realistically, Tobacco companies have lied to us, poisoned us with all their cig additives etc., for how many years and generations?



    Who is to say they will not put the same shite into their carto refils as so correctly pointed out.

    Can anyone be stupid enough to believe them ever again. I thought the Japanese people had more intelligence.

    My thoughts are that because E-cigs started in China and the Japanese did not think of them first, is why they are not keen on them.

    I myself have never been fond of the original vape pens, and now with miniaturization of vapes in full swing would not go back to a rolley polley vape pen no matter who makes them.
    ybnice likes this.

  6. #6
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    These heat not burn devices are likely to be available in Australia before liquid nicotine becomes legally available.
    BT brings in lots of revenue for the Govt., because the devices use tobacco, the Govt. can still add a sin tax to the carts/sticks, perhaps at a reduced rate compared to burning tobacco products.
    The HnB products can be claimed to be harm reduction, because most of the harm comes from smoke, so the Govt can have it's cake & eat it too, on one hand saying that they are allowing people the choice for tobacco harm reducing products & at the same time banking the sin tax from their sales.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

  7. #7
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    Looking at things realistically, Tobacco companies have lied to us, poisoned us with all their cig additives etc., for how many years and generations?



    Who is to say they will not put the same shite into their carto refils as so correctly pointed out.

    Can anyone be stupid enough to believe them ever again. I thought the Japanese people had more intelligence.

    My thoughts are that because E-cigs started in China and the Japanese did not think of them first, is why they are not keen on them.

    I myself have never been fond of the original vape pens, and now with miniaturization of vapes in full swing would not go back to a rolley polley vape pen no matter who makes them.
    Aparently the Japanese Govt. owns a BT company. This fact more so than the fact that Ecigs originated in China, probably has more to do with why vaping is frowned upon & why HnB is getting the green light.
    Why would a Govt. allow competition for it's most profitable & deadly products, when they can simply ban the competition?
    ybnice likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Anywhere I hang my coat up
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    These heat not burn devices are likely to be available in Australia before liquid nicotine becomes legally available.
    BT brings in lots of revenue for the Govt., because the devices use tobacco, the Govt. can still add a sin tax to the carts/sticks, perhaps at a reduced rate compared to burning tobacco products.
    The HnB products can be claimed to be harm reduction, because most of the harm comes from smoke, so the Govt can have it's cake & eat it too, on one hand saying that they are allowing people the choice for tobacco harm reducing products & at the same time banking the sin tax from their sales.
    Totally agree Noe,

    Is the Govt though going to ensure the purity of the product without all the other crap that cigs were spiked with to make them more addictive as mentioned in other posts? I am willing to bet the answer will be in the negative. Thus by releasing these approved nicotine devices, by default they can reject the legalization of anything else on the pretext of saying:

    " A tested safer alternative is available, the e-cigs and vapes are not and tested device by us and therefore is not approved and withdrawn from legal sale" Vapeageddon.

    The Tobacco company did the testing and the Govt swallowed the results.....Is history repeating itself?

    Sin Tax stays, Tobacco Companies get the monopoly, competition to alternative devices wiped out.
    gert and ybnice like this.

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Anywhere I hang my coat up
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Aparently the Japanese Govt. owns a BT company. This fact more so than the fact that Ecigs originated in China, probably has more to do with why vaping is frowned upon & why HnB is getting the green light.
    Why would a Govt. allow competition for it's most profitable & deadly products, when they can simply ban the competition?
    Yes sir, Profit before Human Life....Say no more.
    ybnice likes this.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    Looking at things realistically, Tobacco companies have lied to us, poisoned us with all their cig additives etc., for how many years and generations?



    Who is to say they will not put the same shite into their carto refils as so correctly pointed out.
    Oh, I have no doubt they will put the same stuff in, but to a large extent those images are generated by ANTZ to demonise the tobacco companies. Saying there's insecticide for example, and then admitting they are talking about the nicotine. Toilet bowl cleaner is the ammonium hydroxide I mentioned - it a very small amount and is one of things that makes nicotine more addictive. The compound itself isn't really a huge problem in the small amount used, but the addictiveness of the final product certainly is - it's why it's so hard to get off it.

    So yes the tobacco companies put stuff in there, but it does get demonised out of all proportion. Take away the burning and a lot of the problems will get less as well.

    Just a story to illustrate the addictiveness of treated tobacco:
    Way back when they started jacking the price of tobacco up with taxes I started smoking chop chop. Damn good stuff it was too. The thing is, after a couple of weeks I was going through withdrawals even while I was smoking it. It didn't take me too long to figure out that it was the processing that commercial tobacco gets that makes it so much more addictive. The chop I was smoking was home grown and untreated. I missed it when I could no longer get it, because I had adjusted to it and had to go back to smoking drum. I felt a lot better when I was smoking the home grown chop.

    Can anyone be stupid enough to believe them ever again. I thought the Japanese people had more intelligence.
    I think the Japanese aren't that different to anywhere else. Public Health from the WHO down all seem to want people to believe that vaping is as bad or worse than smoking. The negative publicity is extremely effective as we know - people believe the lies if they see them often enough. It's only the grass roots support that stands against it. I suspect that it's more to with vaping being seen as 'chemical' and 'manufactured' that is one of the key influences for the Japanese, enough of a cultural imperative to make all the difference.
    Noe, gert, gtadmin and 4 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 02:49 AM.