Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Wombats1
  • 1 Post By Wombats1

Thread: What the .....

AVF Regular

What the .....

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but this just spun me out today,

I can buy a crack pipe (meth) down the street in Wa, but I cant buy a mod coz it looks like smoking.

insanity
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    Can buy crack pipes at kmart

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombats1 View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but this just spun me out today,

I can buy a crack pipe (meth) down the street in Wa, but I cant buy a mod coz it looks like smoking.

insanity
    Same can be said for a Bong. I am assuming WA smoke shops are much the same as Sydney where a large number sell Bongs..oh sorry they call them water pipes.

Just to clarify I am not referring to Hookahs which are a dime a dozen these days I am referring to Glass Bongs.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_vaper View Post
    Same can be said for a Bong. I am assuming WA smoke shops are much the same as Sydney where a large number sell Bongs..oh sorry they call them water pipes.

Just to clarify I am not referring to Hookahs which are a dime a dozen these days I am referring to Glass Bongs.
    I had this discussion with several Tobacconists in NSW,ViC and Tas. dunno about SA, NT and WA in WA they totally banned vapes I hear .They all tell me that if they put vapes into Tobacco Shop Outlet the wholesaler that they buy their cancer shite from would not supply them with any tobacco product.

They can sell all sorts of bongs and crack pipes but they are not allowed to sell vapes if they want to sell tobacco products. BT has them by their testicles. I suppose when that Phillip Morris vape pen is released they will be allowed to be sold by tobacconists as they are made by BT companies. Restrictive trade practices anyone? Fair enough if the BT owns the tobacco outlet, but if it is privately leased by some dude I would say I can sell anything I want in my shop. Newsagents I know sell stinkies and vape pens as well as the look alike crap no one says boo to them and their vapes are not BT made. Some sort of big time B.S. going on here.

AVF Regular
    FYI its completely illegal to sell crack pipes, alot of small chinese deli shops do it under the counter and alot of them get busted all the time. The owner of cloud9 got caught last year and got a $60k fine

Cloud 9 owner Hoang Nam Nguyen fined for importing glass meth pipes into WA - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The court was told the pipes were bought for 73 cents each but would have been sold for between $60 and $120 per item.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kostanz View Post
    FYI its completely illegal to sell crack pipes, alot of small chinese deli shops do it under the counter and alot of them get busted all the time. The owner of cloud9 got caught last year and got a $60k fine

Cloud 9 owner Hoang Nam Nguyen fined for importing glass meth pipes into WA - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    Indeed, same shop still doing it then, out in the open 50 bucks, local council tryed to stop the store opening, huge furore etc got nowhere shop opened, crack pipes on display. Maybe its called an aromatherapy device or some crap, i still cant buy a mod or a tank in Wa but I can walk into this store and buy a pipe, they have bongs etc as well.

IMPO its bullshit.
    flyingfox12 likes this.
    Smoke free since april 2016