Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree2442Likes

Thread: Federal Inquiry into the use of electronic cigarettes and personal vaperisers.

AVF Regular
    I will be submitting.

Thought it worth mentioning that if you submit and are concerned about admitting to buying/using nicotine, don't be. Submissions have Parliamentary Privileges Act 1987. No legal action can be taken against you even if they release/publish it. This is from the making a submission help page linked above.
    Noe, margyb, Vaporific and 8 others like this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Bumping thread.

Be really good if the Committee received a lot of submissions, even if it is just your story of smoking to vaping and how it helped you.
    margyb, btobw, laurie9300 and 5 others like this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Bumping thread.

Be really good if the Committee received a lot of submissions, even if it is just your story of smoking to vaping and how it helped you.

I agree. Just now I'm a little disappointed that this thread has not taken off more than what it has.

We may only get 1 chance at this and I'm pretty sure they are not going to do anything positive if they only get 10 submissions in. The time and money would not be worth it....to them.

I would like to see ALL Aussie vendors get their own in and ALL Vapers. If we don't we have no one to blame but ourselves if they outlaw it altogether and stop imports as well.

As a suggestion, maybe admin. could send out a quick email to the whole membership with the link....those that have moved on as well, just so everyone is aware of it at least. I doubt if you don't come to any of these Aussie forums you are ever going to know about it.

Vendors could throw a notice on their sites and in their stores too...that would help.

If we could get some really good suggestions in this thread it could help those of us who have not been around vaping long to come up with some strong arguments. The For's and Against's are all needed so we can insert some into our own stories or for those wanting to be a little more "sophisticated" in their submission I think that could help also.

From what I've been seeing about the committee members, to me, seem like they are the very best chance in our current government line up to get vaping and nicotine eliquids legalised in this country and we should be doing all we can to get the job done.

As I've said....I'm putting in a submission, but it's not easy when I'm still learning what is allowed and what is not. Most of what I've learned so far that is current I don't like and makes is so hard to convert to cigs with all this crap around the legal stuff. Much should be changed and not just for NRT.

Just my opinion.

We have a little over 1 month then it's probably all over rover!!
    margyb, laurie9300, 1ynne and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I hope lots of people submit. You don't have to respond to all of the terms of reference if you tell your smoking vaping story that will answer the one about whether people are using vaping to quit smoking. It will take a while for everything to be said and done. They receive submissions till July 6 I think. Then they travel the country speaking to people who submitted to the committee and they feel they would like to hear from. Then they make a recommendation, then the government decides whether it likes the recommendation and has to explain which bits it likes and which bits it doesn't like and why. So it's a process. BUT if we don't get heaps of submissions we will lose the opportunity to get eliquid with nicotine made legal. So yeah, I'm really hoping lots of people submit.
    margyb, DogMan, Vaporific and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Bumping thread.

I 100% agree! YOUR STORY is the most important part of any submission!

If you are uncertain about being able to pen a sophisticated document addressing all the terms of reference, don't.

But please, please send in your story. The last term of reference has been left open to anything of importance to the debate, and YOUR STORY is the MOST important!
    Noe, margyb, Cath Mort and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I agree Laurie! I think the most important thing is to tell your story, I really do. If they got swamped with stories from vapers who have quit smoking that's powerful. They have to read all of them, and they have to accept them.

It's not hard to make a submission.

1. Create an account first, so that you can lodge it online on their website. You can do that here: https://www.aph.gov.au/Help/Register

2. You can type up your story in a Word document and save it to your computer to upload to the website.

3. Before you upload here's a checklist from the website:
    Submission checklist
    Before lodging your submission you may find it helpful to consider the following checklist:
    -Has my submission been written for the purposes of the inquiry?
    -Have I checked that this is not material that has been published previously?
    -Have I commented on some or all of the terms of reference?
    -Have I provided a summary of the submission at the front and numbered the pages (for lengthy submissions)
    -Have I provided my return postal or email address and contact details with the submission?
    -Have I ensured that my personal details are excluded from the body of the submission?
    -If the submission contains confidential information, have I made this clear on the front of the submission and included reasons for requesting confidentiality?

4. The terms of reference are pretty broad here; http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary....s_of_Reference So you could pick the last one 'Any other related matter', use that in a heading as the term of reference you are addressing, and go ahead and tell your story!

Something, no matter how small, is better than nothing. And we do live in a democracy after all (or so they tell us) so your word, doesn't matter if it's not fancy, is just as valid as the smartest professor or scientist's.

And don't forget; those politicians sitting on that committee work for you! You pay them, you elect them to do the job of representing your concerns and wishes. It is your fundamental right to comment, and their fundamental responsibility to take it seriously!

So go for it.
    Noe, Cath Mort, laurie9300 and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    1 hour and 2 pages later it's finally submitted, it was difficult to to swear in ever sentence but it was successful lol

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Noe, margyb, Stomp and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Slight correction. I tried not to swear, not try to haha

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Stomp and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    All good and nice - and originally thought this a good idea from an individual - but had a think and have a simple question

I know that the call is for individual vapers to support and write - but as it is nico and laughter and jenj posting on AVF which they both rarely if ever do (both formally of the NNA AU 3 or 4? 'board') who advocate for max 36mg nicotine, sex party support etc

Are vapers who participate in this expected to do the same and support the ideals of NNA AU when writing their submissions- or will the stories posted to the inquiry be used to support a bigger submission by the NNA AU?

Its just that through bumming the internet I found that

It is Donna (of/formally?) of the NNA AU who is taking credit for the existence of this inquiry in the first place

Quote said:
    And just to clarify, I figure the NNA AU effort to get nicotine rescheduled is in part responsible for this inquiry. If I were a pollie and had a citizen's group hassling me to enact change that is ostensibly in the control of the TGA, my advice to them would be "Ask the TGA (first)". Now that the TGA failed to see the light, pollies are realising it is up to them to make a decision that takes it out of the hands of the TGA. The proposal was not wasted effort, it was ..munitions for later battles.

Donnas response- "That is exactly what we have planned. It's now coming to fruition. The Inquiry has been lobbied for since and now is happening.

As you know, the common comment by the ANTZ is "we'll support it when approved by the TGA". You heard it yourself Andrew in a meeting.

We all need to make sure when we submit that we say we all use different devices and eliquid and nic strengths. Otherwise, they'll suggest a one size fits all approach. It can't be medicalised."

Not against things...

just more curious about the expectations of vapers here especially since this thread has been instigated and pushed on this forum by NNA AU board members who never really post here on AVF and who appear to have lobbied for the inquiry in the first place?

As I said - have nothing against things - its just that ...Clarity and transparency is always a nice thing and its always a bonus to know what is expected and what may happen with any information that is provided
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 29-05-17 at 01:36 AM.
    Support the closed autocratic NNA AU lobby group-
    Give money, sign and fill what we say then STFU- its called unity!

You actually thought that your action & thoughts matter?Its "experts" only buddy
    Pfft don't like it?... go away and start your own
    All Hail the NNA AU vape overlords!
    Delete & block the negative! It never happened- its in the past MKAY?
    (or face members & supporters wrath & tears...)
    Infiltrate, Dominate & assimilate all unbelievers..Welcome to the new NNA AU echo chamber

AVF Regular
    I am interested in a couple of points.

1. How was the 36mg limit arrived at? I can't find an answer to that question, so if the NNA-AU folk could provide an answer, that would be great.

2. It does concern me that by writing a submission, I am supporting a "framework" as proposed NNA-AU, which I know little about, and even less about how it was arrived at. So, some clarification would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    I know that the call is for individual vapers to support and write - but as it is nico and laughter and jenj posting on AVF which they both rarely if ever do (both formally of the NNA AU 3 or 4? 'board') who advocate for max 36mg nicotine, sex party support etc

Are vapers who participate in this expected to do the same and support the ideals of NNA AU when writing their submissions- or will the stories posted to the inquiry be used to support a bigger submission by the NNA AU?

Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast