Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Like Tree1840Likes

Thread: Federal Inquiry into the use of electronic cigarettes and personal vaperisers.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Been waiting for some snide comments from the happy clapper vaping evangelists. Same old BS as usual.

Next the victim card will be pulled, when someone less polite than me tells them to feck off.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    The thing is vaper cafe australia to my knowledge was set up as a political forum- its design is set up for purely that as well as some social stuff

Quite frankly as interesting as this submission thing is - The badgering and politics can get annoying and draining

Not all believe in the cause as some activists see it - but believe or not even those not politically active will tell others about vaping if they are doing it themselves - Its often how word spreads about things

In my own life outside the internet I have seen the way word spreads without this or any other forum so perhaps rather than just relying on this forum - people should find ways of spreading the word out there in the real world where politics does not exist in a closed bubble

Hell create some flyers- take out some paid advertisements - create small real world social support groups - use your imagination

This forum from what I see caters to a wide range of people, belief systems and knowledge levels - not just the political group and that is the strength of this forum and why it has remained the largest

I get that some people for what ever reason in their lives are passionate and it is not about offending people or disregarding peoples wonderful experiences with vaping or snus or nic - but rather respecting the fact that not all are into it and people visit here for more reasons than just any one cause - be it legal vaping, clone wars or whatever
    Gawd Rebel about "The badgering and politics can get annoying and draining" This no more annoying to me than other stuff I read on here but that is the nature of forums & be tolerated. When you say "Not all believe in the cause as some activists see it" I can't imagine a vaper in this country being against full legalisation of vaping.
    As far as spreading the word I never see anyone vaping when I'm out & about but surely a forum with a few hundred active members is where the word needs spreading to maximise the impact. There's nothing political about wanting vaping with nicotine to be legalised as 100% of vapers would agree, except for a couple that vape without nicotine.
    "Hell create some flyers- take out some paid advertisements - create small real world social support groups - use your imagination" So are you saying to go out & badger by flyers & adverts to mostly people who don't smoke or vape to write a submission to parliament? It's way more productive to do this on a vaping forum where the people have a vested interest in doing something.
    "This forum from what I see caters to a wide range of people, belief systems and knowledge levels" Of course you are correct but all of these differing people have one thing in common, they all vape & they all would or should have an interest in spending 10mins to try & make vaping legal in this country.
    fabricator4 and ybnice like this.
    Regards
    Rod

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Edit this is what I said " I get the impression the mods still don't believe in vaping activism "
    And changed to reflect that
    the sentiment expressed that follows is however the same
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    You should talk to people more then - particularly vapers if you cant imagine vapers being against full legalization - there are quite a few

Just cause you believe in something does not mean that all have to and if you cant see the diversity of this community, the people that are in it and the beauty of it - Im afraid that makes you very narrow minded - no wonder the 'cause' is suffering and keeping people away

And yes why shouldnt you go out and tell people who dont vape about vaping as an option to smoking? Where do you think the bulk of your support will come from? and smokers still make about 20% of the overall population....

I think your definition of what is political needs redefining

It is not for you to decide what people should or shouldn't do with their time or what they should or have to believe

Oranges are not the only fruit

Leaving thread before I become one of those people CMB mentioned and start to properly hurt peoples efforts to gently bump this thread -

perhaps you should consider doing the same - before others get put off from potentially putting in submissions because of 'politics'- happy to answer any questions via pm

Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Gawd Rebel about "The badgering and politics can get annoying and draining" This no more annoying to me than other stuff I read on here but that is the nature of forums & be tolerated. When you say "Not all believe in the cause as some activists see it" I can't imagine a vaper in this country being against full legalisation of vaping.
    As far as spreading the word I never see anyone vaping when I'm out & about but surely a forum with a few hundred active members is where the word needs spreading to maximise the impact. There's nothing political about wanting vaping with nicotine to be legalised as 100% of vapers would agree, except for a couple that vape without nicotine.
    "Hell create some flyers- take out some paid advertisements - create small real world social support groups - use your imagination" So are you saying to go out & badger by flyers & adverts to mostly people who don't smoke or vape to write a submission to parliament? It's way more productive to do this on a vaping forum where the people have a vested interest in doing something.
    "This forum from what I see caters to a wide range of people, belief systems and knowledge levels" Of course you are correct but all of these differing people have one thing in common, they all vape & they all would or should have an interest in spending 10mins to try & make vaping legal in this country.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

AVF Regular
    [QUOTE=btobw;886448]108 submissions with two weeks to go is actually pretty good. Have a look at some of the other inquiries that are of far more importance to the nation as a whole: [url=http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/House/Current_Inquiries]Current House Inquiries

Now that's a voice of reason.
    Fatman, btobw, DogMan and 1 others like this.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    LOL, for my vote the Mods here do a sterling job compared to some other forums I have been on. As the fable about a man riding the donkey; only a fool tries to please every one; the long and the sort of it is if you do not like what happens on this forum or the way it is run, then with respect, what is stopping you going elsewhere?

Don't let the trolls bug you FM, your ok in my books.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    You should talk to people more then - particularly vapers if you cant imagine vapers being against full legalization - there are quite a few
    And especially vendors too. There's good reason a lot of vendors haven't made a submission, either for or against and that's because a lot think the less noise made the better.

They've seen what has happened with the TPD in the UK and EU, the FDA regs in the US and have likely come to the opinion that the way it is here in Australia is about as good as it is going to get, at the very least they've been able to work with the regs or lack thereof and have developed business models around it that have been profitable for them. They don't want to change their package sizes, have limitations on what size tanks they can sell, become licensed to sell nicotine when they don't currently have to. It is easier for them to drop ship their nic from NZ and keep doing business as usual. I'm sure for many of them it is just a "business is business" thing and whilst I don't necessarily agree with that and think that one way or another it is going to get regulated anyway, it is what it is.

Same goes for some vapers, they see vaping as a community based solution that has helped those who are prepared to do the hard work themselves the opportunity to give up smoking, they don't think it is for the mass market and think that when the government gets hold of it, they will ruin it.

Not my opinions, however they are out there, there are more "stakeholders" in vaping other than the people who participate in vaping forums or like minded circles. It's nobody's fault, that's just the way it goes.

AVF Regular
    5 LNP v 3 Labor on the committee, be careful what you wish for.
    1ynne likes this.
    Im going to create a disturbance in your mind.............Billy Thorpe

AVF Regular
    I have no belief system to try & sway others to believe in. I thought this committee was about making vaping fully legal. Reading some of the later posts here it seems some are suspicious of this process as though it will lead to a lot of restrictions, I never thought of that & I wished that belief was voiced earlier so the casual submitter like me could have put more thought into it.
    Bleeding L nothing is easy is it.
    An edit to add that it seems like some people want to keep vaping an underground pursuit & I thought everyone wanted to help most of the smokers out there to find a healthier alternative, most people won't find vaping if it's underground.
    Last edited by rodbam; 25-06-17 at 06:56 PM.
    margyb, Fatman, mallee00 and 3 others like this.
    Regards
    Rod

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    I thought this committee was about making vaping fully legal
    If you dont mind me asking - What committee are you referring to?
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast