Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Like Tree1868Likes

Thread: Federal Inquiry into the use of electronic cigarettes and personal vaperisers.

AVF Regular
    It is a fair point I think that people tend to be worried about public image of vaping - but I think also in some ways a non concern also if people start to embrace the various cultures within the vaping community

See the anti smoking lobby (which has alot to teach) also started out small focusing on small groups to get their message across

Alot of this has to do with both marketing and sustainability of sale of the product - in this case vaping

Large groups can afford to hire people to try and get their message across and in fact in part is how they use their statistics and some of the adds they come up with are quite good
    The 25 Best Anti-Smoking Advertising Campaigns | Complex AU

It can be noticed that some of these adds dont even mention who has paid for the whole thing - which also has its benefits

Their ads and plain packaging for all the talk about the chilluns actually target chillens in the nastiest way possible with half dead people and close ups of gross things that would frighten some people

In fact i can bet my bottom dollar that the plain packaging idea probably came from a group of marketers who researched, trialed the product and made recommendations from that

The thing is - its natural to have groups of hipsters and a good sales point to be trendy - It keeps interest in the product cause trendy sells - by the same token the anti smoking in the early days showed that only keeping doctors and pollies on tow in back rooms- doesnt sell the message very well

There is no reason that vapers cant engage in some kind of guerrilla marketing - or throw their own flyers out or do something else with another image targeting say older smokers or the health conscious crowd to help balance or rather widen the image of vaping

but thats up to the advocates and maybe vendors to do I guess

What ever happens - some kind of free vaping cannot happen without the support of the wider public of all walks of life - including non vapers - I think this more than anywhere else is where Aussie political minded peeps are going wrong
    gert, CMB, Fatman and 3 others like this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

AVF Regular
    I submitted last sunday night, the count was 108,

So there would appear to be a number for perusal still to show.

When do these *hard* working politician's return after winter break *junkets*?
    AllyP likes this.
    Mods, Eleaf pico 75w, Eleaf 100w tc, Koopor primus,
    Tanks, Tvf4 mini, Wotofo Freakshow v2, Melo 3 mini, Melo 3
    Narda was gifted to MTL friend

Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombats1 View Post
    I submitted last sunday night, the count was 108,

So there would appear to be a number for perusal still to show.

When do these *hard* working politician's return after winter break *junkets*?
    Well the secretariat should be back at work in the morning. I'm hoping more submissions are put up tomorrow.
    Wombats1 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

CMB
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Well the secretariat should be back at work in the morning. I'm hoping more submissions are put up tomorrow.
    The committee has to read them first before they post them up, AllyP gave them a call the other week and that's what she was told.

So there could well be quite a few more.
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Oops. Too late.
    Fifth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    In case anyone was planning on going/listening, the public hearing scheduled for Melbourne tomorrow has been cancelled.

PUBLIC HEARING DETAILS:
    SYDNEY
    9.00 am to 1.20 pm, Wednesday, 12 July 2017
    Macquarie Room, Parliament of NSW, SYDNEY

MELBOURNE - Please note that the public hearing previously scheduled for Tuesday, 11 July 2017
    has been CANCELLED

http://www.aph.gov.au/DocumentStore....4-2a8609989b29
    margyb and Fatman like this.

StudioVape/PC Wood mods/Custom Classic/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Svapiamo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Origen Little/Hadaly/Pulse22/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

Super Moderator
    Chappers must have been unable to get a plane ticket so Pharma pulled the sponsorship deal
    margyb likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    In case anyone was planning on going/listening, the public hearing scheduled for Melbourne tomorrow has been cancelled.

PUBLIC HEARING DETAILS:
    SYDNEY
    9.00 am to 1.20 pm, Wednesday, 12 July 2017
    Macquarie Room, Parliament of NSW, SYDNEY

MELBOURNE - Please note that the public hearing previously scheduled for Tuesday, 11 July 2017
    has been CANCELLED

http://www.aph.gov.au/DocumentStore....4-2a8609989b29
    Protest... NOW !

Last edited by 1ynne; 10-07-17 at 04:06 PM.
    CMB, Cath Mort and MrGruffy like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Fatman, Cath Mort, btobw and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Is anyone going to Sydney for this? They'd have a public gallery I take it?
    Jemor

Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast