Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Like Tree2442Likes

Thread: Federal Inquiry into the use of electronic cigarettes and personal vaperisers.

AVF Regular
    The federal inquiry has counted all of those form letters, but included them only as form letters, showing only one of each of the two types received:

Form Letters €“ Parliament of Australia

If you add these to the proper submissions, the total number of respondents was about 3000.

If only one in five of those that did the form letters had written a proper submission.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Super Moderator
    I just wish a number of those submissions didn't prattle on how dangerous it is to work with 100mg/ml nicotine base ... no wonder the pollies think 20mg/ml is the right strength

And yes, I submitted a >20 page submission (which I presume to be one of those confidential ones ... they don't tell you if it's been uploaded or not :smh: )
    margyb, CMB, Cath Mort and 8 others like this.
    Started vaping 28th October 2011

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    I just wish a number of those submissions didn't prattle on how dangerous it is to work with 100mg/ml nicotine base ... no wonder the pollies think 20mg/ml is the right strength

Yep, some people don't know enough, to know when to keep their yap shut.
    gert, gtadmin, Cath Mort and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Makes no sense as any conspiracy theory- IQOS relies on tobacco - which being a tobacco product poses its own regulatory issues not least of whats in the IQOS tobacco

https://www.tobaccoreporter.com/2017...ty-questioned/

existing taxation on tobacco (repealing tobacco laws for the sake of the IQOS is another problem that legislators will be concerned about) and even whether or not the IQOS sticks can be pulled apart by the chillens and actually smoked are other kinds of issues that the IQOS faces

More probable is that PM is clever in reading the market and knows if vaping were to go ahead that there would also be a market for ejuices - they would also realise that once harm reduction in smoking occurs - IQOS could potentially ride on vaping coat tails -the email from this perspective makes perfect sense

SC on the other hand has a history of 'guerrilla activism' and simply deliberately mislead people to further his own nefarious agenda against harm reduction at the expense of innocent people

Eh?

Who knows?

Could be the way the article says - personally I doubt it

And after meeting several people yesterday in one place with COPD- I hope SC rots - bastard
    Trust big tobacco sure can't.
    The researchers called for further evaluation of the health effects of iQOS and recommended that heated tobacco products should be subjected to the same indoor-smoking bans as were conventional tobacco cigarettes.
    Tobacco by any other process to be inhaled is still tobacco be it heated or burned. E-juice on the otherhand is a totally different kettle of fish. I personally in my 6th year of vaping, have not vaped a tobacco flavor in 4.5 years and I am pleased to report as of the end of June this year have finally kicked the dependence of nicotine in my e-juice. The only time I will vape a nicotine juice and then only 4mg/ml is when stressed out. Other times I am very happy I have no need for it. Took a while but I finally got the nicotine monkey almost off my back. I admit I still enjoy a pinch of snuff on occasions.
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    The federal inquiry has counted all of those form letters, but included them only as form letters, showing only one of each of the two types received:

Form Letters €“ Parliament of Australia

If you add these to the proper submissions, the total number of respondents was about 3000.

If only one in five of those that did the form letters had written a proper submission.
    Real shame those forms happened, what could have been.
    margyb and AllyP like this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Real shame those forms happened, what could have been.
    Yeah I know. I hope the people who instigated them learned something from that. 332 real submissions could have easily been closer to 1000 if they'd helped people make a submission instead of a bloody tick and flick.
    margyb, Cath Mort, DogMan and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    At least the form letters were counted as something, I suppose. They could have easily just thrown them in the ol' circular filing cabinet.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractal View Post
    At least the form letters were counted as something, I suppose. They could have easily just thrown them in the ol' circular filing cabinet.
    Yes, but they weren't counted as submissions, and probably weren't read by the committee.

It's like a stack of signatures on a petition - it's only going to do any good if the petition lands somewhere with someone willing to use them to do something about it. They don't in themselves present a convincing argument. I think we might be lucky in that the committee at least acknowledged them - they would have been quite within their rights to discount them out of hand since they don't fit the criteria for a submission.
    margyb, DogMan and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yeah I know. I hope the people who instigated them learned something from that. 332 real submissions could have easily been closer to 1000 if they'd helped people make a submission instead of a bloody tick and flick.
    I agree. but at least they can see how many singed the forms and actually not sure I'd like to be one of the committee members trying to read through that many extra's when you think about it. I'm sure the numbers will still count. Lets hope so anyway.

Oops!! Should've read further down.
    fabricator4 likes this.
    Jemor

Vaping since 27/05/2017

AVF Regular
    A new submission has just been added, number 333: Submissions €“ Parliament of Australia

It's from NSW health and is the same old tripe we've come to expect. "No proof it is safe or effective" yada yada. Let's hope the committee are starting to see how stupid that is starting to sound. I'd like to know why it was so late to be published.

Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast