Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 LastLast
Like Tree2177Likes

Thread: Federal Inquiry into the use of electronic cigarettes and personal vaperisers.

AVF Regular
    Public hearing Hearing on the 8/9/17

Just read

Professor Simon Chapman AO PhD
    Professor Mike Daube AO
    David Bareham MSc
    Associate Professor Matthew Peters MD submission.

These guys appear to be seriously intellectually challenged IMPO

Public Hearings – Parliament of Australia.

Sigh......
    gert, laurie9300, DocM and 1 others like this.
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    Latest public hearings are really anti vape with a few pro vape thrown in.

Some of them were meant to be part of the first hearing (chappo etc) but they refused as there was a tobacco rep there. So now we have a heap of anti's in this one.

Hopefully the pollies can look past the rubbish that will get thrown around.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    For those who would like to listen to today's discussion here's the link.

Watch Parliament €“ Parliament of Australia

Starts at 9.15 am. It's the last one on the list and only audio.
    gert, laurie9300, DocM and 3 others like this.
    Jemor

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor53 View Post
    For those who would like to listen to today's discussion here's the link.

Watch Parliament €“ Parliament of Australia

Starts at 9.15 am. It's the last one on the list and only audio.
    I listened to it this arvo Jemor, much to my despair.
    What a bunch of no minds in love with the sound of their own voice. What paper thin arguments, {Its a gateway to smoking yarda yarda}
    The College of Physicians UK report was dismissed as a bunch of eccentrics sitting around with no transparency, and with ties to big tobacco. I've seen Glantz make similar aspersions.

Lots of chest beaing about how much better Australian smoking numbers have declined ,than anywhere else {debatable}

Nothing was mentioned about the success of much more liberal attitudes in the UK and Canada, toward Vaping.

Only bright spot was when Prof Hall took them on about the insulting remarks regarding his colleagues who were involved in the College of Physicians study--also expressed dislike about the way the debate was framed-{quit or die}
    I suspect this will just result in more legislation...
    DocM, emu, FXVaper and 1 others like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    I listened to it this arvo Jemor, much to my despair.
    What a bunch of no minds in love with the sound of their own voice. What paper thin arguments, {Its a gateway to smoking yarda yarda}
    The College of Physicians UK report was dismissed as a bunch of eccentrics sitting around with no transparency, and with ties to big tobacco. I've seen Glantz make similar aspersions.

Lots of chest beaing about how much better Australian smoking numbers have declined ,than anywhere else {debatable}

Nothing was mentioned about the success of much more liberal attitudes in the UK and Canada, toward Vaping.

Only bright spot was when Prof Hall took them on about the insulting remarks regarding his colleagues who were involved in the College of Physicians study--also expressed dislike about the way the debate was framed-{quit or die}
    I suspect this will just result in more legislation...
    I liked life better when we just had the 10 commandments and even a couple of them were dropped, now we have 10 million laws we gunna legislate ourselves off the planet gert.
    gert, Hoofprint and Jemor53 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    I liked life better when we just had the 10 commandments.
    sigh 9/10 it always annoyed me i couldn't complete the set.
    Do you know how hard it is to find a neighbour with an unguarded Ox in this country.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    sigh 9/10 it always annoyed me i couldn't complete the set.
    Do you know how hard it is to find a neighbour with an unguarded Ox in this country.
    Probably as hard as it is to find an unguarded neighbour around here, everyone wants what everybody else has got and there was a boom in security cams. That commandment never took off

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    I liked life better when we just had the 10 commandments and even a couple of them were dropped, now we have 10 million laws we gunna legislate ourselves off the planet gert.
    I agree Emu.
    There are too many busybodies whose only function is running about making up laws to control other people.
    Just because they can.

Another thing --they read out the "studies" into vaping that are being funded by the Government-thousands, millions of dollars are being handed over to various universities to "study the effects of vaping". probably hoping to find a reason to ban it completely... they want to know about long term harm. Vaping has only been around for 10 years or so, and it's a bit of a stretch to predict "long term" harm just yet. Still, probably it's a nice little earner for researchers.
    Most likely they will keep trying.and wont stop until they can prove vaping causes the ear lobes to turn bright green and drop off.
    gtadmin, Cath Mort, emu and 1 others like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Yeah well my own study has turned up only positive results and hasn't cost the gov a cent, if anything it's saved them dollars in subsidising my ventolin because I don't need it anymore. I haven't been this healthy since before I started smoking, that's pretty good testament to the short term and common sense tells ya the rest.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Woops I forgot how much the gov has lost on my tobacco tax, to bad Turnbull I'm not sacrificing my health to prop up your extravagant lifestyle anymore.
    You can pay me for a change by way of lost revenue
    gert, Fatman, Cath Mort and 4 others like this.