Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Like Tree2442Likes

Thread: Federal Inquiry into the use of electronic cigarettes and personal vaperisers.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    No you're quite right, it is the senate one that had the reporting date listed as today. My bad

The federal one doesn't seem to have a "reporting date" that I can find.
    radio said about an hour ago senate got tied up all day with the advertising on facebook thing, after vic labor spent millions on dan andrews page, they are still there now arguing

so guessing it got put aside

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Current government is an absolute shemozzle, can't expect them to be any different about vaping. The LNP are majorly split internally - I'm gobsmacked that we are stuck with a parliament full of RWNJ and absolutist Christians. Don't get me wrong, I've worked with many genuine Christians - that would be those who actually practice the 10 commandements. We seem to have a governing party that appears to be comprised, jointly of: psychopaths, control freaks, non citizens and the plain dumb on one side, with lily livered, weak kneed and plain dumb on the other.

To quote a well known politician

“The punters know that the horse named Morality rarely gets past the post, whereas the nag named Self-interest always runs a good race.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Seems they went out of their way and lied to discredit any positive for vaping.
    1ynne and Cat like this.

AVF Regular
    Next round
    emu likes this.

AVF Regular
    The first four on the agenda are very anti vape, while the last four are pro vape. That's going to be a very weird day for the committee.

The ARA really need to get there act together if they are to do any good. They are not very well educated on the topic and I wouldn't trust them to be able to rebut any of the objections from the morning sessions.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 04-10-17 at 12:01 AM.
    margyb, emu and Jemor53 like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Link for today's hearing for those interested.

Watch Parliament – Parliament of Australia
    emu likes this.
    Jemor

AVF Regular
    Listening to it, and thinking its like listening to old men who dont understand what the kids are getting up to

Im especially going wtf every time they say "nicotine capsule"

As in "So its easy to buy nicotine capsules online?"

facepalm

Now the section about TGA /medicalising is on...

Taxpayers Association guy - paraphrased "There is a legal TGA type way to buy nicotine in Australia, Nicopharm....given we know that almost no one uses them, along with overseas evidence where one company in the UK tried the medicalising route and went broke, its a path that suggests its doomed to fail"

Yes
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 05-10-17 at 12:23 PM.
    margyb, AllyP, Cat and 1 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Is anyone else having trouble with the audio dropping out on the AVATAR speaker?
    margyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble with the audio dropping out on the AVATAR speaker?
    It's a bit late but I'll answer anyway... yes I was, but after rebooting router and changing speakers I decided it was them and not me...lol

I missed the last 2 after lunch as I had to go for a stress test.. not sure I needed it as my stress levels were already up after the first half of today's hearing.

Frankly, the first 4 sounded like school children to me... saying they wouldn't stay because they didn't want to be in the same room as the tobacco company... shows you why they don't learn anything as they don't stick around long enough to get alternative information. I was convinced the committee knew more about the vaping community globally then they did and I'm sure the committee were getting frustrated at their blatant, obvious digressions on the questions basically because they couldn't answer them.

I did hear the Aust. Tax Payer's report and thought he did a great job at pointing out why many of the various scenarios the "anti's" put forward wouldn't work.

Wish I could've heard the last 2 reports. Was it recorded??
    margyb likes this.
    Jemor

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemor53 View Post
    It's a bit late but I'll answer anyway... yes I was, but after rebooting router and changing speakers I decided it was them and not me...lol

I missed the last 2 after lunch as I had to go for a stress test.. not sure I needed it as my stress levels were already up after the first half of today's hearing.

Frankly, the first 4 sounded like school children to me... saying they wouldn't stay because they didn't want to be in the same room as the tobacco company... shows you why they don't learn anything as they don't stick around long enough to get alternative information. I was convinced the committee knew more about the vaping community globally then they did and I'm sure the committee were getting frustrated at their blatant, obvious digressions on the questions basically because they couldn't answer them.

I did hear the Aust. Tax Payer's report and thought he did a great job at pointing out why many of the various scenarios the "anti's" put forward wouldn't work.

Wish I could've heard the last 2 reports. Was it recorded??
    I think the "hansard" and the recording will be release in the next week - I believe they've done so for the two previous hearings. I missed all of the morning session so I'll be checking out those ones as soon as I can.

This morning I did a short interview for 4EB for their coverage of the hearing. They don't appear to podcast their stuff, and I'm not sure when they will be airing the piece. Their programme doesn't give any clues. I might email them and ask.
    margyb, AllyP, rockmoose and 1 others like this.

Be sure to let us know Fab, if/when you get an answer....it would be nice to know that at least some media were covering some of these hearings and showing a little interest at least. Though media always make me a little nervous as to their interpretations.
    ybnice likes this.
    Jemor

Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast