Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Like Tree2396Likes

Thread: Federal Inquiry into the use of electronic cigarettes and personal vaperisers.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    Fixed it for you.

Last edited by fabricator4; 09-10-17 at 02:26 PM.
    DocM, rockmoose, emu and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    sigh... big sigh... yep I know that the lowest common denominator is always a point of reference and yep there ARE a lot of Dingbat Daves... but sadly I suspect your cynicism was well founded Rynxa !

oh and BTW an AVATAR member has a link for purchasing 200mg nic and mixing instructions on their site for the aforementioned risky behavioured moonshiners... Nicotine - hmm... shock horror !
    Rynxa, DocM and rockmoose like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    I didn't know Hiliq was in the USA?

tapatalk for photo upload 👍
    tapatalk for general usage 👎
    fabricator4 and DocM like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    oh and BTW an AVATAR member has a link for purchasing 200mg nic and mixing instructions on their site for the aforementioned risky behavioured moonshiners... Nicotine - hmm... shock horror !
    That table for mixing isn't even accurate. Mixing nicotine for 18mg/ml into a 30ml bottle of juice requires 2.97ml, not 2.7ml. They haven't allowed for the larger volume after mixing, then they compound the error by just telling people to double the addition for 100mg/ml nicotine.

I don't know what is going on with the left part of the table - it's not even close to accurate for a 30ml bottle. Maybe 10ml bottles with the same error in maths, even though it states it's for 30ml bottles right above it. If thats the case the heading for the column should state the bottle size, not the PG/VG ratio. PG:VG has absolutely nothing to do with how much nicotine you need to add.

They won't kill anyone with this table because it will result in weaker mixes, but they sure as heck will cause some confusion. I'm guessing they are all clouds bro guys, because the amount of error is less for lower concentrations of nicotine.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 09-10-17 at 03:00 PM.
    CMB and DocM like this.

AVF Regular
    Hard at times to chalk things up to pure stupidity- At least one or two of those vendors were well aware of the Delicious Monsta attacks on DIY having come here around or just after that time- they were also involved with numerous other politics dramas - and were involved with the drama (either directly or indirectly) that the NNAs 36mg stuff caused..

Making a person wonder if that is why also they kept their secrecy and refused to answer any questions here about what they believed in until the bomb was dropped (ring any familiar bells?)

So as much as I would like to think being naive was the sole reason for the low premixed 20mg while attacking DIY 100mg at least one or two of those vendors are reasonably well informed and it is the nature of business to monopolize for profit where it can - esp in this climate

Oh and fab

Me thinking you getting behind the times - Chimpy is now running to gun control in the US after the last massacre - wondering if it is a rat abandoning a sinking ship or just profitable

Las Vegas Shooting: Australia Has a Gun Control Solution | Fortune
    DocM likes this.
    NNA AU and general vape advocacy in Australia summed up-
    There is nothing to see here- it has nothing to do with you or vapers - Its not your business...
    Secrecy for the greater good... Enemies are everywhere

"If you see something ...Say say nothing...
    Then drink to forget ..."
    One of us... one of us...one of us....

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    That table for mixing isn't even accurate. Mixing nicotine for 18mg/ml into a 30ml bottle of juice requires 2.97ml, not 2.7ml. They haven't allowed for the larger volume after mixing, then they compound the error by just telling people to double the addition for 100mg/ml nicotine.

I don't know what is going on with the left part of the table - it's not even close to accurate for a 30ml bottle. Maybe 10ml bottles with the same error in maths, even though it states it's for 30ml bottles right above it. If thats the case the heading for the column should state the bottle size, not the PG/VG ratio. PG:VG has absolutely nothing to do with how much nicotine you need to add.

They won't kill anyone with this table because it will result in weaker mixes, but they sure as heck will cause some confusion. I'm guessing they are all clouds bro guys, because the amount of error is less for lower concentrations of nicotine.
    haha the irony in that is so sweet.

Leave it to us professionals, we are the only ones that know what we are doing....we just need to learn year 6 maths first.
    DocM and 1ynne like this.

AVF Regular
    I think it may have been Brian??? who was left with a particularly sour taste in his mouth after buying some hardware from that particular vendor. They basically just produce and sell their juices in store for the inner urban hipsters. stylish setup marketed perfectly to the particular crowd that is their clientele. But it is patently obvious that the store bunnies are just that.

I was talking to one of the other avatar vendors a couple of weeks back, and he was implying (quietly) that they were pushing for a 32mg limit for instore juices, and that they would also push for 200mg limit for licensed vendors, as that would be necessary for mixing and diluting to saleable product. That was clearly BS.

How do any of those vendors expect to be able to make their juices if they can only get 20mg nic? But as CMB points out, I wouldn't feel confident letting those bozo's near anything stronger.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    haha the irony in that is so sweet.

Leave it to us professionals, we are the only ones that know what we are doing....we just need to learn year 6 maths first.
    To be fair, I had trouble with the maths until GT set me on the right path. But yes, if you intend to mix professionally then you need to be able to get it right, including being able to work out a mix yourself without using an online calculator. That's even easier than adding nic to an RTV, and if you can't do it you have no business mixing for sale to the public.
    CMB and DocM like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    To be fair, I had trouble with the maths until GT set me on the right path. But yes, if you intend to mix professionally then you need to be able to get it right, including being able to work out a mix yourself without using an online calculator. That's even easier than adding nic to an RTV, and if you can't do it you have no business mixing for sale to the public.
    So sucking with a straw, and dribbling it into an array of random bottles doesn't pass your strict QC test then?
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    wasnt me
    i dont buy hardware
    RIP 22.12.2016

Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast