Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree2396Likes

Thread: Federal Inquiry into the use of electronic cigarettes and personal vaperisers.

AVF Regular

Federal Inquiry into the use of electronic cigarettes and personal vaperisers.

Hot off the press. Vapers can submit if they wish.

Following a referral on 25 May 2017 from the Minister for Health, Aged Care and Sport, The Hon Greg Hunt MP, the Committee will inquire into and report on the use of electronic cigarettes (E-cigarettes) and personal vaporisers in Australia.

The Committee invites interested persons and organisations to make submissions addressing the terms of reference by Thursday, 6 July 2017. Information that may assist in preparing a submission to the Committee may be viewed here.

http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_...onicCigarettes

Sorry when I copied it the link didn't work
    Last edited by nicoandlaughter; 26-05-17 at 01:13 AM. Reason: added links
    Noe, margyb, fabricator4 and 11 others like this.

AVF Regular
    help for links
    If you know it. Help someone
    If you dont know it. Ask

On land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own.

AVF Regular
    Oh good. I will write them one of my famous ranty letters.
    gert, jen, fabricator4 and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoandlaughter View Post
    Hot off the press. Vapers can submit if they wish.

Following a referral on 25 May 2017 from the Minister for Health, Aged Care and Sport, The Hon Greg Hunt MP, the Committee will inquire into and report on the use of electronic cigarettes (E-cigarettes) and personal vaporisers in Australia.

The Committee invites interested persons and organisations to make submissions addressing the terms of reference by Thursday, 6 July 2017. Information that may assist in preparing a submission to the Committee may be viewed here.
    Good one Nico, thanks for sharing
    margyb and Vaporific like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Looking at the Terms of Reference....

Inquiry into the Use of Electronic Cigarettes and Personal Vaporisers in Australia

The Standing Committee on Health, Aged Care and Sport will inquire into and report on the use of electronic cigarettes (E-cigarettes) and personal vaporisers in Australia, in particular:

1. The use and marketing of E-cigarettes and personal vaporisers to assist people to quit smoking;

2. The health impacts of the use of E-cigarettes and personal vaporisers;

3. International approaches to legislating and regulating the use of E-cigarettes and personal vaporisers;

4. The appropriate regulatory framework for E-cigarettes and personal vaporisers in Australia; and

5. Any other related matter.
    My ad-hoc thoughts:

1. Absolutely, start handing them out free to anyone who wants a safer alternative to smoking.
    2. Not known yet but compared to cigarettes, a no-brainer. I think it would be unwise to claim that prolonged use does not cause lung tissue damage, however the harm reduction argument is strong.
    3. Who has the best fit model? not the UK anymore with their pointless itty bitty tankies and teeny-weeny bottle size rules. NZ?
    4. Let common sense prevail. Restrict sale to minors and if appropriate, implement health warnings that reflect unbiased evidence based research.
    5. Redirect wasted anti-tobacco funding into supporting vaping innovation and industry.
    Noe, fabricator4, DocM and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    This is brilliant news....maybe.

Should this be in a sticky do you think? Might be a lot of people submit to this...I know I will.
    Noe likes this.

AVF Regular
    Noe, fabricator4, DocM and 3 others like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    NZ Gov't have led the way in our part of the world follow their example, simple

Rules
    * Restrict sale to minors (common Sense), but allow a clause for GP or Physiologist to prescribe so nicotine addicted minors can get a healthier option
    * Restrict sales to Vape shops and smoke shops
    * Vape shops with tasting bars no minors permitted in the store (Already done by self regulation)
    * Allow businesses to provide fact sheets on vaping based on current research
    Noe, giruvian, Cath Mort and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I think we should just print out the 'new vapers, introduce yourself' thread, and post that in. Pretty clear the success rates of vaping in relation to other NRT's right there.

Probably best keep them away from FM and Doggys youtube channels, or they may start looking into the mind altering effects of vaping.

xx's channel will clearly show that vaping is the answer to all the worlds ails.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast