Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: NZ: Should cigarette sales go back to pharmacies?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    I am sick and tired of the prohibitionist anti nic zealots.
    They have gone too far and have crossed too many lines. So far as I'm concerned adults have the right to personal freedom to eat drink and smoke what they choose.
    And yes the fatties are the next on the list. Activists are like sharks, they have to keep moving on or they die. Demolish one target and move on to the next.
    Activists, gert, are in the majority, people with a lot of free time on their hands and nothing better to do with it, and those also that just love to be egocentric attention seeking nutters.

The Would be if they could be's, note I said in the majority, there are some and alas very few, that do what they do in all sincerity for the betterment of humanity and these are often squashed by the afore mentioned soap box broadcasters.

LOL in some countries there are business' actually running RENT A CROWD wand to create mayhem or a demo we can supply the crowd. PMSL.
    gert likes this.
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    The big oil companies will hate it, smokes are the only thing keeping some servo's going.
    The Pharmacy guild will hate it, it will make chemists the target for robbers.
    flyingfox12 likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire
    Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    I would quietly and unnofficially be looking to the Pharmacy guild on this idea -

Megan Haggan the Author seems to write alot that is in line with them - like expanding on vaccinations through pharmacy rather than through doctors, codine register, expanding drugs and services through chemists and other things - the AJP also is well known to have big pharma ties and funding

She writes alot about the positives of chemists- but not so much about the negatives like how they pushed to cut penalty rates, the strict rules that they have in place and the fight against deregulating thier industry so they dont have to face competition and more

If tobacco is allowed to be only sold in chemists- then no doubt vaping products will follow at a monopoly and at a higher cost than there is now

What will come next? Sugar? Salt? chocolate and soft drink or other things deemed 'bad' for you?

It seems to me that caution is perhaps advised when looking at some of these articles and that chemists would have alot to gain with its push back to the fully govt protected american style corner 'drugstore' type model while the rest of us really have alot to lose esp in the long run
    Reb as usual what you say makes a lot of sense. AJP seems to be a publication for the Pharmacies and the Pharmacuitical industry, I would not dispute that.

* Penalty Rates: There has been a push across the board to cut penalty rates in just about every privately owned business that chooses to trade on week ends and public holidays. Turnbull and other Liberal coalition members would love it to apply to the public sector as well and well it might if those mongrels have their way.

*Tobacco Sales: I would love to see all carciogenic stinkies removed from willy nilly corner stores that I personally have seen sell cigarettes to very young looking customers without asking for proof of age cards. I have reported this and yet see these shops still trading and selling cigarettes.

*Vaping Products The only thing I would like to be seen sold at responsible outlets when it comes to vaping products is Nicotine E-Juice be it flavored or flavorless. In the years and quite a few that I have been importing flavorless Nicotine bases from overseas and I have tried a few companies, the quality and consistency with the exception of HiLiq and Mixology was absolute crap.

Vape devices should be sold as they are sold now by B&M Stores and online no dispute. If B&M stores and others want to sell Nic Juice then they can buy accredited and quality controlled Nic Juice flavorless and add their own flavors as we mostly do now. I do not care who makes it as long as the quality is consistent being made in Australia to our accepted quality control standards, not like a majority of rubbish that now comes from overseas.

We have a quality issue being aired on forums now, the quality of Glyc from Basedrop and U4EA.

I dislike monopolies, Nicopharm has the present monopoly on legal Nic juice and no one has challenged their legality of sale that I have read about.
    Who may I ask is receiving their "protection money" or who or what is shielding their Nic Juice monopoly?
    The Federal Minister for Health and just about every State Minister of the same portfolio is aware of them as is the Cancer Council

I likewise find the present situation where cigarettes are finding their way into the hands and mouths of kids and authorities are very blaze about it absolutely contemptible. Oh well more tax revenue for them..In a nutshell they do not give a moot.

The other thing about e-juice and its present day labeling, packaging la de da is very appealing to little eyes and hands. Standardized proper labeling for every e-juice product I support.

Yes we covered this argument before, that plain cigarette packaging did nothing to curb smoking. We are talking about delicious smelling and pretty bottles that are very appealing to kids. My grand kids pick up a stinky packet and say yuk, they pick up a nice smelling e-juice and are tempted. When I have grand kids coming my juice is hidden and so are my vapes. (I have no kids living at home).
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    The big oil companies will hate it, smokes are the only thing keeping some servo's going.
    The Pharmacy guild will hate it, it will make chemists the target for robbers.
    Correct Snidely, and a lot of servo's and corner stores are now removing cigs just for that reason ROBBERY ATTRACTION. No Cigs do not keep them going, find out how much a re seller makes on a packet of smokes mate, SFA. Nearly as little as they make on Fuel sales.
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12