Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: A Guide to Help You Make a Submission the Right Way

  1. #21
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ghost Town (Whyalla), SA
    Posts
    13,800
    I read that they were drafts in this context, I was talking more in general terms.
    AllyP and flyingfox12 like this.


    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...


    Please read these rules


    There isn't enough room to list my gear

  2. #22
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Anywhere I hang my coat up
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by laurie9300 View Post
    It's definitely a grey area ff, and you may well be correct.

    The way I read it, it's perfectly OK to copy and post from their website, as they have already been submitted. Posting submissions prior to submission seems to be what's objected to?

    I could be completely wrong though.......
    The reason Laurie draft submissions are posted on forums, is people ask for additional comments in case they left anything out. When it comes to such difficult matters as submissions to bureaucracy, the more thinking caps put on the better the end result may be. I remember when the TGA fiasco was on, many draft submissions several draft submissions appeared in the VCA forum for the same reason. I do not frequent that forum any more and I do not know what is there now as far as this issue is concerned.
    laurie9300 likes this.
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

  3. #23
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Daylesford, Victoria
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    I was given permission in both instances to do so as long as I deleted there personal information. These people I have contacted by email and in one instance by phone and they both agreed to share their submissions as an aid to others wishing to do the same @1ynne
    You are wrong Submissions previously published online are not acceptable - Reported so that this persons work doesn't go to waste.
    laurie9300 likes this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker


  4. #24
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Daylesford, Victoria
    Posts
    1,271
    Please people do your submission, seek help if you need it - many will help. but do it in private and under no circumstances post your submission, draft or final copy on a public forum or FB.
    Honestly we have one just one frigging shot at this - lets try and get it right.
    Last edited by AllyP; 07-06-17 at 09:55 PM.
    margyb, Fatman, laurie9300 and 2 others like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker


  5. #25
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Vic,up near the Murray
    Posts
    18,580
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    Here is the best personal submission I have read this far, I read it in another forum and as we are not permitted to advertise other forums I have cut and pasted it here.
    Fox you are aware yes, that by publishing it ( on the other forum and now here ) it technically violates the terms of the submission process and can be discounted by the enquiry if they so deem it? ... it is best NOT to publicly publish any submissions as it will render them void if the selection committee is made aware or discovers them ( and yes putting something on a forum IS legally "publishing" it )

    Edit , its fine to publish a submission that will NOT be sent into the committee for interpretation, as an example of a good one ... but if the original writer intends to submit that document, either in full or in part ( in the case of a draft) then it WILL be considered "published" and thus does more harm than good ....

    If it is the posters intent to submit part or all of that example, it is probably best it be deleted
    Last edited by Fatman; 07-06-17 at 10:20 PM. Reason: removal of private content
    margyb, laurie9300, DogMan and 5 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

    Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011


    AVF Rules , Read and understand them

  6. #26
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,949
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    The reason Laurie draft submissions are posted on forums, is people ask for additional comments in case they left anything out. When it comes to such difficult matters as submissions to bureaucracy, the more thinking caps put on the better the end result may be. I remember when the TGA fiasco was on, many draft submissions several draft submissions appeared in the VCA forum for the same reason. I do not frequent that forum any more and I do not know what is there now as far as this issue is concerned.
    There was no stipulation from the TGA that submissions must not be published anywhere else.

    In this, completely different, situation they have explicitly and clearly asked that no submission be previously published. Posting them on a public forum is publishing them. Doesn't matter if they are drafts or final documents.

    People have spoken directly with the Enquiry secretary to clarify this, and it was confirmed that if a submission is published prior to being submitted it will be invalidated, they will not accept the submission.

    Several people have asked you to edit your friend's submissions out of your posts. Now I'm asking too. Please.

  7. #27
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Anywhere I hang my coat up
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    There was no stipulation from the TGA that submissions must not be published anywhere else.

    In this, completely different, situation they have explicitly and clearly asked that no submission be previously published. Posting them on a public forum is publishing them. Doesn't matter if they are drafts or final documents.

    People have spoken directly with the Enquiry secretary to clarify this, and it was confirmed that if a submission is published prior to being submitted it will be invalidated, they will not accept the submission.

    Several people have asked you to edit your friend's submissions out of your posts. Now I'm asking too. Please.
    Deleted as requested. The problem with this lot, and I notice that they have only published 20 submissions, there have been I am sure plenty more, is they do not want people to know what has been submitted. They published 20 and the rest well, um, we will keep them to ourselves. I suspect that this whole inquiry is nothing more than a joke by them and nothing will come of it. The TGA rules.
    laurie9300 and 1ynne like this.
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

  8. #28
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,437
    Thank you Firefox .. this is too important, for anything that can be misconstrued to mess up .. Thank you
    margyb, laurie9300, DogMan and 1 others like this.

    What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

  9. #29
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Anywhere I hang my coat up
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Fox you are aware yes, that by publishing it ( on the other forum and now here ) it technically violates the terms of the submission process and can be discounted by the enquiry if they so deem it? ... it is best NOT to publicly publish any submissions as it will render them void if the selection committee is made aware or discovers them ( and yes putting something on a forum IS legally "publishing" it )

    Edit , its fine to publish a submission that will NOT be sent into the committee for interpretation, as an example of a good one ... but if the original writer intends to submit that document, either in full or in part ( in the case of a draft) then it WILL be considered "published" and thus does more harm than good ....

    If it is the posters intent to submit part or all of that example, it is probably best it be deleted
    None of the submissions that were given to you lot for review have been sent. As I said they were given for your opinions of what should be added to them or deleted from them so stop getting your nickers in a knot.\
    \
    EDIT: As to the other forum, it is a closed forum. Non members cannot read it.

    EDIT: Check it out for yourselves if you do not believe me. http://vapeassist.freeforums.net/ Members only.
    Last edited by flyingfox12; 07-06-17 at 10:18 PM.
    laurie9300 likes this.
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

  10. #30
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Daylesford, Victoria
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    Deleted as requested. The problem with this lot, and I notice that they have only published 20 submissions, there have been I am sure plenty more, is they do not want people to know what has been submitted. They published 20 and the rest well, um, we will keep them to ourselves. I suspect that this whole inquiry is nothing more than a joke by them and nothing will come of it. The TGA rules.
    You could well be right but we have to try, the committee has some really good people on it and at least three are pro vaping - but this inquiry has nothing to do with the TGA.
    The TGA is done and dusted - now we have another chance with something that really could make a difference and imo is more important than the TGA application.
    Yes they have been slow to load the submissions but they will get them up in the coming few weeks for sure.
    margyb, laurie9300, DogMan and 1 others like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker


 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 06:07 AM.