Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: A Guide to Help You Make a Submission the Right Way

AVF Regular

A Guide to Help You Make a Submission the Right Way

This guide is intended to help everyone make a submission to the Federal Inquiry into the Use and Marketing of Electronic Cigarettes and Personal Vaporisers in Australia.

I encourage everyone to make a submission. Remember, you don’t have to be a Vaper to make a submission. Members of your family who have been affected by your vaping, and smokers who want a say in vaping policy may also make a submission.

While I appreciate Wick & Wire’s attempt to make lodging a submission easy for everyone, and I’m sure their heart is in the right place, there are some doubts whether making a submission via their Google Doc is valid. Especially if you only use the checkboxes without writing anything in the other available fields.

If you have already made a submission via their Google Doc I strongly recommend you make another submission using the official web site. Making a supplementary submission is catered for in the guidelines, and will not affect your previous submission.

Of course if you were not planning on making a submission, using the W&W Google Doc is better than nothing.

Remember, the most powerful personal submission you can make will be YOUR STORY. If we can inundate this inquiry with successful quit stories it will send a strong message.

Making a submission through the official website is easy, and to make it even easier a few of us have put together this step by step guide. I hope it helps………

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...Vd5NlFYdFNMZmM
    margyb, Fatman, JenJ and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Brilliant
    Thanks Laurie

Your guide is going to be very helpful
    laurie9300, AllyP and flyingfox12 like this.

AVF Regular
    Deleted as requested.
    Last edited by flyingfox12; 07-06-17 at 09:59 PM.
    margyb and Fatman like this.

AVF Regular
    I am retired nurse @flyingfox12
    I started smoking at 17 and smoked for 41 years until I got emphysema. I have been vaping now nearly 6 years
    When you know from studies that vaping is 95% safer than smokes and when you experience health benefits from using e-cigs it is a no brainer for me
    Vaping worked for me and i still love the hand to mouth ritual
    It is time for Australian Doctors to follow the RCP and Public Health England
    And we as vapers now have the opportunity to tell our stories to politicians who may get laws changed so we aren't considered criminals for trying to save our own lives and live healthier lives
    sorry off topic
    i will be putting a submission in about my story and how vaping has at least kept me off an oxygen tank
    And if we are going to be classified as criminals they better build bigger Jails as i won't be paying any fines
    Cath Mort, AllyP, 1ynne and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    I am retired nurse @flyingfox12
    I started smoking at 17 and smoked for 41 years until I got emphysema. I have been vaping now nearly 6 years
    When you know from studies that vaping is 95% safer than smokes and when you experience health benefits from using e-cigs it is a no brainer for me
    Vaping worked for me and i still love the hand to mouth ritual
    It is time for Australian Doctors to follow the RCP and Public Health England
    And we as vapers now have the opportunity to tell our stories to politicians who may get laws changed so we aren't considered criminals for trying to save our own lives and live healthier lives
    sorry off topic
    i will be putting a submission in about my story and how vaping has at least kept me off an oxygen tank
    And if we are going to be classified as criminals they better build bigger Jails as i won't be paying any fines
    LOL @margyb, I have been a criminal since 2014 and I do the crime and am prepared to do the time. I have yet to see one vaper charged with having nicotine in their possession or a criminal record as a result of the same. What the hell legal or nay, I do not give a moot, I will keep using nic and yes it has kept me off the oxygen tank and chemotheray associated with cancer. Without any respect to our politicians I say F....you mate, my health is more important to me than your B.S. Laws.
    margyb and laurie9300 like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks to Laurie and others.. if you feel less than confident in typing up a submission.. follow this.. it really can be as simple as telling your story... what IS really important is that you tell your story NOW !
    margyb, laurie9300 and AllyP like this.

What is a cat's favourite colour? Purrrrrrrple !

AVF Regular
    Here is the best personal submission I have read this far, I read it in another forum and as we are not permitted to advertise other forums I have cut and pasted it here. Removed as requested.
    Last edited by flyingfox12; 07-06-17 at 09:58 PM.
    laurie9300 likes this.

AVF Regular
    FF .. I do not know if personal submissions are allowed to be publicly posted elsewhere according to the Federal Inquiry guidelines....

I think if you could you hold off on doing this unless it is confirmed as ok would be safer ?

I would hate to think that people who have taken the time effort and honesty to post have their submission overlooked by casual re postings achieves little... everybody has a story to tell.. every story has merit and value.. we all have the opportunity to have a say.. lets not spoil it !
    Last edited by 1ynne; 07-06-17 at 08:06 PM.
    AllyP and flyingfox12 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    FF .. I do not know if personal submissions are allowed to be publicly posted elsewhere.... could you hold off on doing this unless it is confirmed as ok ? I would hate to think that people who have taken the time effort and honesty to post have their submission overlooked by casual re postings
    I was given permission in both instances to do so as long as I deleted there personal information. These people I have contacted by email and in one instance by phone and they both agreed to share their submissions as an aid to others wishing to do the same @1ynne
    laurie9300 and 1ynne like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox12 View Post
    I was given permission in both instances to do so as long as I deleted there personal information. These people I have contacted by email and in one instance by phone and they both agreed to share their submissions as an aid to others wishing to do the same @1ynne
    perhaps read the Guidelines on the Federal Inquiry.. seriously.. your good intentions.. may do less than you intend .. follow this thread .. read the details Federal Inquiry into the use of electronic cigarettes and personal vaperisers. or maybe have a chat with Laurie.. who will probably hate me for lining him up in the sights... but hey .. sowwy
    Last edited by 1ynne; 07-06-17 at 08:24 PM.
    margyb, AllyP, flyingfox12 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast