Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Latest Regulator Watch

AVF Regular

Latest Regulator Watch

It's sounds like a loony theory to correlate the tactics used in climate change to tactics used against vaping, but...

https://www.regulatorwatch.com/brent...lluted-vaping/
    blox4u likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Magnetic Island or stuck out at EHM working
    Sounds about right to me, Earth still exiting the last ice age and all... Not to mention the last ~10k years of relative calm predictive weather is abnormal based off a few studies that bothered to go back that far and track past weather cycles.

AVF Regular
    I let the planet get on with regulating the climate.
    I asked it one night, and it said I shouldn't worry, it's under control.
    rockmoose likes this.

AVF Regular
    Watched it this morning, was good. Never have been a global warming believer ever since Al Gore used an assumption to justify it.

However, we do pollute our planet a lot and that does need controlling. Like they say, "The end justifies the means". I think they needed to be more honest and target the actual problem.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    That must be the silliest video I've seen for while to equate wrong speculation about vaping to the published peer reviewed scientific evidence on climate change. Most of the claimed peer reviewed science about vaping in that video were not published in peer review literature they were alarmist statements put out in the press, a bit like the head of our FDA saying there was antifreeze in ejuice.
    If you don't believe what the scientists are saying about climate change then you may as well dismiss all that we know about evolution or the universe as they all involve the same scientific inquiry.
    Cams why you would change your views on climate change with all the scientific evidence available just because a politician made an assumption is astounding to me. Of course there's no absolute proof about climate change the only proof we will get is when the planet is completely stuffed for human existence. Then the last person alive can rightfully say here is proof at last.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    That must be the silliest video I've seen for while to equate wrong speculation about vaping to the published peer reviewed scientific evidence on climate change. Most of the claimed peer reviewed science about vaping in that video were not published in peer review literature they were alarmist statements put out in the press, a bit like the head of our FDA saying there was antifreeze in ejuice.
    If you don't believe what the scientists are saying about climate change then you may as well dismiss all that we know about evolution or the universe as they all involve the same scientific inquiry.
    Cams why you would change your views on climate change with all the scientific evidence available just because a politician made an assumption is astounding to me. Of course there's no absolute proof about climate change the only proof we will get is when the planet is completely stuffed for human existence. Then the last person alive can rightfully say here is proof at last.
    Al Gore just presented it. The basis is taken from old ice samples showing that when the tempretures were higher, CO2 was also higher. Fast forward to today we have high CO2 but does it cause high tempreture? It's an assumption that one causes the other that has not been proven. I personally feel that global warming is a scenario to scare countries and people in action about pollution (CO2) "The end justifies the means"
    I do agree that pollution needs to be addressed. Why this country will not turn to nuclear power baffles me. Wind and solar are not the answer.
    blox4u and DMac like this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    I agree, it's a weird correlation. The takeaway for me was that the use of the precautionary principle and the way the science is dramatised in the media is very much the same as what is being doing to vaping. Furthermore, Brent makes the point the use of the precautionary principle in climate change causes a shift in the role of science to be less about facts, and more about fear of what may happen.

It's the worst piece I've seen from Brent on vaping, because he completely failed to tie it back to his original points about the treatment that vaping is getting in the media, the ridiculous way the precautionary principle is being applied, and the way the role of science was changed to allow the precautionary principle to be universally applied.

I notice this thread has gone the same way because of that too.

The precautionary principle makes sense when we are talking about the whole planet, but by applying it to vaping it's going to cost thousands or even millions of lives. Same treatment, drastically different issues.
    margyb likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I would imagine a scientist can test if heat from the surface of the earth can escape through CO2 & by how much.
    After writing that I thought I would Google how do scientists know CO2 causes heating & it seems that it's a no brainer & measurable so it doesn't look like an assumption to me Cams. https:
    //www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4YSwajvFAY

Also the scientist on the Brent video works for NASA yet NASA have put out numerous papers on how CO2 is causing climate change so they obviously don't listen to him so I won't either.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    I would imagine a scientist can test if heat from the surface of the earth can escape through CO2 & by how much.
    After writing that I thought I would Google how do scientists know CO2 causes heating & it seems that it's a no brainer & measurable so it doesn't look like an assumption to me Cams. https:
    //www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4YSwajvFAY

Also the scientist on the Brent video works for NASA yet NASA have put out numerous papers on how CO2 is causing climate change so they obviously don't listen to him so I won't either.
    Does anyone know the average temperature 7000 years ago compared to todays temperature??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    I watched this video and found myself totally confuzzled. I get that vaping hysteria was what is now called "false news", that is, manufactured by either MSM, or various public health organisations, both of which wanted to drive their own agenda.

How this relates to a debate about the rights/wrongs of climate change is beyond me. The presenter was citing peer reviewed science. The Vaping hysteria included NO peer reviewed science what so ever. So the comparison was WHAT?

Won't be watching/listening to Regulator Watch anymore, that was downright unprofessional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast