Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Why I haven't submitted to the inquiry yet

AVF Regular

Why I haven't submitted to the inquiry yet

This is what I was waiting for.

http://archive.is/Si0J3 (I've archived the article to stop it getting clicks).

Thank You Simon. You're too predictable.

I'm going to make sure to address every bullsh!t he spouted.
    gert, margyb, btobw and 4 others like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    My god Simon has his head up his arse - makes me wish that I hadn't already made my submission (for some reason I got it in to my head that they were due early June, so I kind of rushed it).
    margyb and AllyP like this.

AVF Regular
    And thats just the bogey man that they use isnt it? Lung cancer....

Yes we know its horrible and scary and the mear mention of it get everyone scared and screaming for bans... but still no mention of the unprecedented rise in lung cancer in recent years in never smokers - not from him or anyone really

we have gone from what I have from I recently read around 15%- to now 28% of never smokers getting lung cancers - most of which are women- and supposedly no idea about what is causing it

I dont see any song and dance about fixing the environment or increasing trains or reducing poverty or getting rid of pollution or any of that rigmarole to help us be rid of lung cancer

Nor in terms of smokers do I see any attempt to try something new and innovative

Even if Styles thread from ECF is correct - Warnings or rather cautions about vaping long term could be put in place say about not vaping for more than one or so years (let the community come up with some suggestions-im too tired for it)

From everything I have seen people still find it easier to give up vaping then they do cigarettes

It seems to me that whatever comes out in terms of harm reduction will be shot down by people like chappy with hysterical lines like lung cancer - that is - unless there is something in it for him- and the pharma types that back him and his methods
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 20-06-17 at 11:16 PM.
    gert, margyb, Fatman and 3 others like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Like you, I haven't written mine yet, and thank you for sharing this. I wonder if one of those "Confidential" submissions is his, and if it includes this pile of unverified rubbish that he's had published in the SMH. Well, there are some notable statements (lies) there that can be refuted.

I will be addressing his steaming pile of cr@p also, and making a complaint about his continued ability to keep making those statements without supplying some sort of verifiable evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    This is what I was waiting for.

http://archive.is/Si0J3 (I've archived the article to stop it getting clicks).

Thank You Simon. You're too predictable.

I'm going to make sure to address every bullsh!t he spouted.
    margyb and AllyP like this.

AVF Regular
    There's nothing stopping you from making a Supplementary Submission. Quite appropriate if "new" material to be dealt with comes about

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix Vapours View Post
    My god Simon has his head up his arse - makes me wish that I hadn't already made my submission (for some reason I got it in to my head that they were due early June, so I kind of rushed it).
    gert, margyb, btobw and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix Vapours View Post
    You can add a supplementary to your submission. Go for it. Just make sure you mark it as a supplementary so it can be put with your original submission.
    gert and margyb like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by FXVaper View Post
    There's nothing stopping you from making a Supplementary Submission. Quite appropriate if "new" material to be dealt with comes about
    Already looking in to it - I'm going to print out Chimpmans drivel and reread it a few times (hope it doesn't make me too cranky) and probably work something up - been thinking about targeting/working in the TGA somewhere given their pharma-funding, and he has mentioned them several times in his spiel.
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    If you can send in a supplementary submission, then I think everyone should, adressing specifically the points that Simon has made.

Example;

Some points he made;

(It) would open the way for e-cigarettes to be sold openly alongside groceries and confectionary.
    I do not support the sale of e-cigarettes along side confectionary.

(The) the door opened to what are now over 8000 flavouring chemicals, many with beguiling kid-friendly names;
    While I do support the use of flavours in e-liquid products, I do not support marketing that is clearly targeted towards youth. Include picture of some rubbish pokemon themed ejuice, along side Halo Ecig label.
    I am going to include an entire section devoted to why flavours are important.

I'd like to include images in my submission. Is this allowed?

vaping permitted in any place where smoking has long been banned.
    Not any place. I think private businesses should be allowed to choose.

The heating of these ingredients changes their chemistry. A recent report in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that vapour ............... produced volatile organic compounds like acrolein, formaldehyde and benzaldehyde in significant amounts.
    I have multiple studies that show that these levels are hundreds of times lower than tobacco smoke.

Essentially, he paints the provaping community as wanting no regulation, when in reality, I think most of us just want responsible and reasonable regulation. I think this is the overall message that I want to give.
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 21-06-17 at 01:35 AM.

AVF Regular
    His comment of about 8000 flavours is very misleading. He is trying to get people thinking there are that many chemicals in E-juice (which incidentally exceeds estimates of chemicals in smoking) but we only vape one or 2 flavours at a time, not 8000.

His only evidence of harm is from from those tobacco heating devices, again misleading.

And on and on.

Such a gutter piece of journalism.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    His comment of about 8000 flavours is very misleading. He is trying to get people thinking there are that many chemicals in E-juice (which incidentally exceeds estimates of chemicals in smoking) but we only vape one or 2 flavours at a time, not 8000.

His only evidence of harm is from from those tobacco heating devices, again misleading.

And on and on.

Such a gutter piece of journalism.
    Yes, from a man who mostly lives in the gutter. Oh it might be a pretty gutter with plush carpet and accolades hung the walls, but every time Big Pharm piss in the gutter it runs right though his living room.

I'm feeling very allegorical today.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 21-06-17 at 11:50 AM.
    margyb, gtadmin, Fatman and 4 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast