Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AllyP
  • 1 Post By DogMan

Thread: Parliamentary enquiry.

AVF Regular

Parliamentary enquiry.

Hey all.

Working on my submission, and thought I'd see if I could collect a bit of data to help lend credence to my personal (anecdotal) claims within the submission.

My personal story is that I smoked for pretty much thirty years. It had its obvious health impacts... among others, constantly short of breath, constantly short of cash, weird results in blood work from time to time...

I began flirting with vaping about four or five years back. Oh... I'd tried other quit methods. Those horrendous nightmare tablets, patches, gum, lozenges, hypnotism, "will power" - nothing worked.

About five years back, I worked with a guy who vaped on cigalike devices, and I gave it a try. Cut down my smoking by about half, but didn't find it truly satisfactory.

He was a heavy vaper... among other things... and when he had a massive stroke, vaping was seen as a contributing factor - so I, stupidly, threw away my cigalike and went back to smoking full time.

Prices kept going up, health kept getting worse - and a few other people I knew were vaping and feeling better for it. I did my due diligence, researching the topic as extensively as I could... this forum among other sources.

I took the plunge mid last year and bought an eGo starter kit from VapeKing, along with some juices... which were lovely... but in the absence of nicotine, I still kept going back to the cigarettes.

Ordered some terrible Chinese juice at one stage around September last year, thought I'd poisoned myself and again went back to the stinkies.

A mate sent me some nicotine, told me how to mix it safely and properly with doublers, VG and PG - and since then, I've been hooked on vaping almost 100% - with occasional lapses that stopped at the start of this year.

I DIY my juice now, I'm getting into coil building, and at 45 I feel healthier than I recall feeling since my twenties. Added bonus... no stinky hazardous waste, and a hobby (DIY juice and coils) that's become almost a form of meditation to me.

TLR - I'm wondering... did you smoke before vaping? Did you try other quit methods? Do you, personally, feel that vaping has improved your health/financial status/quality of life?

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by staceman101; 21-06-17 at 10:15 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    Hey all.

Working on my submission, and thought I'd see if I could collect a bit of data to help lend credence to my personal (anecdotal) claims within the submission.

My personal story is that I smoked for pretty much thirty years. It had its obvious health impacts... among others, constantly short of breath, constantly short of cash, weird results in blood work from time to time...

I began flirting with vaping about four or five years back. Oh... I'd tried other quit methods. Those horrendous nightmare tablets, patches, gum, lozenges, hypnotism, "will power" - nothing worked.

About five years back, I worked with a guy who vaped on cigalike devices, and I gave it a try. Cut down my smoking by about half, but didn't find it truly satisfactory.

He was a heavy vaper... among other things... and when he had a massive stroke, vaping was seen as a contributing factor - so I, stupidly, threw away my cigalike and went back to smoking full time.

Prices kept going up, health kept getting worse - and a few other people I knew were vaping and feeling better for it. I did my due diligence, researching the topic as extensively as I could... this forum among other sources.

I took the plunge mid last year and bought an eGo starter kit from VapeKing, along with some juices... which were lovely... but in the absence of nicotine, I still kept going back to the cigarettes.

Ordered some terrible Chinese juice at one stage around September last year, thought I'd poisoned myself and again went back to the stinkies.

A mate sent me some nicotine, told me how to mix it safely and properly with doublers, VG and PG - and since then, I've been hooked on vaping almost 100% - with occasional lapses that stopped at the start of this year.

I DIY my juice now, I'm getting into coil building, and at 45 I feel healthier than I recall feeling since my twenties. Added bonus... no stinky hazardous waste, and a hobby (DIY juice and coils) that's become almost a form of meditation to me.

TLR - I'm wondering... did you smoke before vaping? Did you try other quit methods? Do you, personally, feel that vaping has improved your health/financial status/quality of life?

Just be mindful that any submission cant be published online prior to submitting
    staceman101 likes this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    True that. I just want backup data points...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by staceman101 View Post
    True that. I just want backup data points...

try the "your story" section

unfortunately, lots treat it as "introduce yourself" the day they start vaping, but if you wade through, you'll find lots of stories of people who have vaped a while [and all should have smoking history regardless]
    staceman101 likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity