Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Another explosion

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    Is dis da stuff
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene
    you are talking 'bout Noe?

This may be a better link
    https://www.graphene-info.com/graphene-batteries

That's the stuff.
    It's able to be micro-thin & still produce a charge but it can be layered & molded to form structures, the possibilities with Graphene are mind boggling. For instance batteries are often the heaviest component in an electronic device but what if you remove the battery & instead of a plastic shell on say your smart phone, you have a Graphene shell which acts as both electronics housing & battery. It means you can have a lighter phone, that charges back up much faster when drained, that will never explode!
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I've got some of these Hohm Life batteries from the US. I haven't used any of them yet. What worries me most is that when I
    bought them I also got 4 for my parents

Hopefully this is just a one off thing. All the reviews and stuff I have read about them elsewhere have been great.

I guess I will have to let them know to be careful with them.....or maybe I should get them something else and take them back.
    Last edited by Tara; 26-06-17 at 03:13 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    No not really, just for people that don't have shit for brains.

Alas, quite a few fall into that category shit for brains, and they are the ones that give vapers a bad name when they f..... up. I will give you one example. A dude that I know purchased one of them Kamrey E-Pipes which is nothing more than a mech mod. He comes to me and complains that the bowl is getting rather warm when he holds the fire button down (No 10 second time out) I ask him why the hell he holds the button down for so long. He replies that at first it was vaping ok, but after a while it took longer to heat up the juice......I check his battery and the darn thing is nearly flat....any wonder.....Try replacing your battery or charging it.
    CMB, fabricator4 and fridgemagnet like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    I've got some of these Hohm Life batteries from the US. I haven't used any of them yet. What worries me most is that when I
    bought them I also got 4 for my parents

Hopefully this is just a one off thing. All the reviews and stuff I have read about them elsewhere have been great.

I guess I will have to let them know to be careful with them.....or maybe I should get them something else and take them back.
    The real Hohm life batteries are supposed to be safe chemistry batteries I believe - being a modified H series LG battery. The one that blew up definitely wasn't safe chemistry. The Hohm Life batteries are supposed to have a unique identifier tag on them which you can check for authenticity.

If the batteries check out, they should be fine.

If you are unsure about the batteries, you should contact Hohmtech and ask them about the chemistry used, and how to verify that your batteries are authentic.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Check out some of the explosive stress tests around the 28th min mark
    Search for the Super Battery (New Documentary)
    gert, Danny76 and fridgemagnet like this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire
    Anything I write on AVF is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the AVF rules: http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum...ions-bans.html
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    Check out some of the explosive stress tests around the 28th min mark
    Search for the Super Battery (New Documentary)
    Wow that's some explosive energy. Definitely would not like to have that in my pocket when it pops.🤕

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    The real Hohm life batteries are supposed to be safe chemistry batteries I believe - being a modified H series LG battery. The one that blew up definitely wasn't safe chemistry. The Hohm Life batteries are supposed to have a unique identifier tag on them which you can check for authenticity.

If the batteries check out, they should be fine.

If you are unsure about the batteries, you should contact Hohmtech and ask them about the chemistry used, and how to verify that your batteries are authentic.
    Yeah I did a fair bit of research before buying them.

I haven't checked the Authenticity but I will.
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Generally helpful article, plus a video, about batteries.
    plus some hints about what to avoid.

Vape explosions: the truth behind what you see in the news - Vaping360
    fabricator4 likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Another new battery tech with exciting prospects for us as vapers, batteries that could run 3 times longer, with no risk of ever exploding:
    http://engr.utexas.edu/news/8203-goodenough-batteries
    gert, Fatman, fabricator4 and 2 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I don't doubt the mod has a big part to play. My Provari Radius is very picky about how much load it will put on a battery versus my Evic Mini which is a less concerned.

Any electrical engineers here who know how to pick a mod that doesn't respect the battery's limits? Any we should stay clear of?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast